Vets All Natural Complete Mix

Shoshana

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its the same now as when I gave it to my dogs I reckon its shocking stuff and its full of grains more like bird food than dog food.The dogs hated it with a passion LOL.It doesnt contain any meat at all just grains and plant stuff and a few vitamins.Its got soy in it to.The little bit that I did get them to eat caused their poop to be full of cereal grains that looked the same as when they went in. Id never use it again

If its the same now as when I gave it to my dogs I reckon its shocking stuff and its full of grains more like bird food than dog food.The dogs hated it with a passion LOL.It doesnt contain any meat at all just grains and plant stuff and a few vitamins.Its got soy in it to.The little bit that I did get them to eat caused their poop to be full of cereal grains that looked the same as when they went in. Id never use it again

isn't it meant to be soaked & then mixed with meat?

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you made much use out of the packet you 'd bought.

Yeah you soak it and mix it with meat but the dogs hated it theyd flick the stuff off the meat if they could and leave any meat that had vets natural stuck to it.Look I couldve forced them to eat it by just keeping giving it to them and nothing else but to tell the truth I didnt like the look of it either and its full of grains and their poo comes out full of undigested grains. I ended up giving it to my next door neighbor and his dogs wouldnt eat it either so it finished up in the wheely bin.

Look you can try it if you want and maybe youll think its ok Im just giving my experience with it.I reckon a good dry food is better and at least my dogs dont mind eating it.

I use this and love it, well my dogs do :) The grains are only there for roughage/ to aid digestion. Your dog may have to get used to it and it does have a strong smell, i actually like the smell though.

My pups have grown up on it so are used to it and the ones that didnt grow up on it are piggy dogs that will eat anything. Gets a big thumbs up from me.

Yeah you soak it and mix it with meat but the dogs hated it theyd flick the stuff off the meat if they could and leave any meat that had vets natural stuck to it.Look I couldve forced them to eat it by just keeping giving it to them and nothing else but to tell the truth I didnt like the look of it either and its full of grains and their poo comes out full of undigested grains. I ended up giving it to my next door neighbor and his dogs wouldnt eat it either so it finished up in the wheely bin.

Look you can try it if you want and maybe youll think its ok Im just giving my experience with it.I reckon a good dry food is better and at least my dogs dont mind eating it.

I have to say I totally agree wih you Pagaman, it does look like bird seed and it smells like sawdust :)

I did what I was supposed to do with it and my kids just picked the meat out of it and then would run up and down the sofa wiping their chops on it to get all the birdy food off their whiskers :confused:

I thought it was a terrible waste, and too grainy. I much prefer my BARF patties.

I have been using it for about 6 months now and I think it is great. One of my dogs always had problems with dry food and fatty meat, she is doing really well on it, her poo is heaps better. i have no problem with the undigested grains - I believe these are meant to aid digestion...I give my horse whole oats and they digest thru as well....good roughage. It is meant to be similar to what would be found in the digestive tract of a herbivore that a wild dog would kill and eat.

I know of a dog that was lining up for immunotherapy for severe allergies that was stabilised and is getting better on Vet's All Natural. All allergy symptoms have disappeared and the dog is a lot happier, no more incessant itching.

If you do not have the facilities to prepare your own raw food, I think it is a great alternative.

Big thumbs up here!!

:)

I'm a new convert to natural feeding and I love the stuff! My dogs have taken to it really well and actually want to eat it as its soaking. I don't feed it every day though. The dogs look great.

I originally had my order delivered from the supplier you listed, but have now found a cheaper place. Petstock sells the 15kg refill for $109 (instead of $127) and no delivery fee so just check the prices on the 1kg if you want to try it out.

Oh - and members of Dogs NSW gets 10% off that......

Edited by Meg

Ingredients:

Complete mix contains a combination of mixed cereal grains (rolled oats, cracked barley, soybean meal, flax seed meal, and whole oats), dried vegetables and fruit, dried garlic, dried parsley, dried barley grass, calcium powder, yeast powder, kelp granules, lecithin granules and vitamin C powder

I wouldn't feed anything that has calcium powder in it for a start. There is no phophorus mentioned so from the very beginning your calcium to phosphorus ratio is right out of wack. Top of the ingredients list is mixed cereal grains, my dogs don't eat grains, simply because they provide no nutritional value to them. Sure they provide roughage, but so do bones, but atleast raw meaty bones provide the correct calcium to phosphorus ratio in a NATURAL form as well as minerals etc, etc.

I got given a packet of this and it went straight in the bin.

if you want to see a DDB projectile vomit give him that.

I have seen the poo that comes out of dogs on half VAN and half Hills, most of the VAN comes out the back end whole. Its mostly wasted product.

You might as well get some boiled rice, veges and vitamin powder it will be cheaper.

"Calcium carbonate powder is added to correctly balance the diet with regard to the correct amounts of "available calcium". Calcium and phosphorous in the diet actually compete with each other for absorption, and this can dramatically reduce available calcium. Because raw meat is high in phosphorous and lower in calcium, additional calcium is added.

There are also reasonable levels of calcium in cereal grains. The ideal ratio for calcium to phosphorous is 1.2 : 1 which is the exact level achieved in Premium Choice."

Diffent meats and offal contain different levels of nutrients, how do you know that you are getting the right ratios? Also, an over supply of calcium in it's unnatural form is not easily discreted from the canines body. There is alot of evidence against feeding calcium supplements, i suggest you do a search.

"It is perfectly normal for pets eating this formula to pass the undigested whole oat grains in their faeces – they are added purely to act as stool bulking agents to prevent anal gland impaction."

This only backs up my statement that the grains add no nutritional value except to add roughage. I wouldn't feed a product that's main ingredients had no nutritional value to my dog when i can feed a bone, that will have the same effect (prevent anal gland impaction) and also provide exceptional nutritional value.

Hopefully kazzie you can let other people have an opinion and not take over this thread :thumbsup:

A vote for VAN here.

(I have edited this post to remove personal information about my dogs - and therefore me - and details of a recent traumatic event that I found difficult to share. Clearly, I picked the wrong time/place to share it and now regret it. I hadn't realised how distressing it still is for me. No offence but I just feel safer without it up on the forum). Cheers

Edited by spottychick