Informal Dol Training Club

As a result of this thread we are now going to meet up on regular basis for some dog training.

All gear is allowed. There is no official instructor, everyone is to help each other out and share the knowledge. We will try to invite some experts in various fields - obedience trialing, clicker work, agility, schutzhund, behaviour modification, tracking etc.

Ruthless is the president :thumbsup: , Im noone as its all informal, no joining fees to collect, no ground fees and no insurance to pay.

Wednesdays 7pm at the Tempe Recreational Reserve Holbeach Ave Tempe.

Its very close to the M5 motorway so even those living in the north or the west can relativelly quickly get there. From the south is just up the Princess Hwy.

I will try to be there earlier most of the time.

There is a fenced off leash free area near by.

There is dirty water for the dogs to swim in. Bike track, kids playground on the other side of the reserve, a club to go and have a drink at. Ill add more info as we explore the place further.

Any questions? Shout!

Edited by Monelite

Might try & duck up one week. I already have obedience on Wednesday nights, but it would do Ice the world of good getting out of the mundane military style of training for a night. Problem is, there is noooo way I could make it there by 6:30 :rofl: How long are you guys planning to be out there for? 1 hr, 1.5, 2?

eta: forgot to say; AWESOME idea Monelite & Ruthless!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by LuvMyWhiteShep

Good stuff Monika!! and Ruth!!

Do you have any ideas of what a session will involve? I know there were some conflicting ideas yesterday.

I really want to come- Yesterday I was very excited at the prospect, but this morning had a bit of an "episode" with Evie and another dog (first in ages, very disappointing :thumbsup: ) and am concerned that she might not be up to it yet. Will keep an eye on it and see how she goes, she has improved immensely so you might see me soon. :rofl:

I think that everyone should work on what they need to work on, not be constrained by what others do.

Ruthless needs to teach Chopper a proper stand, and she needs to learn how to use her body as a cue t the dog.

I know what I need to work on with my dogs and will practice that. Asked ruthless for some simple help and what she did for me was great.

And we didnt have the dogs on the field together, Ruthless didnt want to kill me so I guess its not so bad not to have them all mingle all the time :thumbsup:

Ruthless is the president :mad

Is that really necessary? :birthday:

✽deelee sorry to hear about this morning but we're still going for a walk on Sat, you won't get out of it that easily ;)

Don't worry, Im not piking :( . Need need need to get her better so I can come play- "ahem" work, on wednesdays! :p

(she wasn't too bad on the scale of things, just got a bit freaked out by a dominant dog walking behind us)

Ooh I may struggle to get there by 6:30 but I'll try. If I don't get lost, that is :birthday:

I might just come watch one evening and then decide if it's a good idea to bring Trooper. We need to practise playing nicely (I daresay Trooper never learnt any bite inhibition) and ignoring other dogs whilst walking, before I'd feel comfortable mingling with other dogs in a setting like this.

If we do end up coming, we might just watch and raise team morale (Trooper makes other dogs look great by comparison :p )

I might try and come at some stage, but when Darcy is better. Toppy is too useless :thumbsup:

More useless than Diesel? :rofl: I couldn't get him to do a send away further than 12 paces last night ;) - Kaos can do over 50!

Yes more useless than that. Toppy is a bit retarded you see, he just gets too excited. Last time we ran a mock trial when I said tunnel he jumped on TOP of it :shakehead: