Prefix Search Australia Wide Www.prefixsearch.com.au

SwaY

Just a reminder that this website is still out there, the more prefixes you submit the better the database for all.

*** Currently listing 18,565 Australian prefixes ***

Prefix Search

* work in progress *

Here is a site i have been working on, i hope to list all the Aust prefixes.

To do this i NEED YOUR HELP!

http://www.prefixsearch.com.au/

I would love to have a search function, if only i knew how to do that :)

I tried the google one, and it's crap.

Enjoy K

Edited by SwaY

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh - excellent idea!!

Our prefix is Allerzeit (funnily enough), please add us :)

I can help you with setting up a simple search engine if you like - just heading out now, but shoot me a PM if you would like a hand and I will see what I can do :happydance:

Add me, add me! :happydance: ARKTULU

Good on you for doing up this type of site, will prove very useful.

Thanks, i have added you.

I see you've put mine on, Cheers. :)

Couldn't you aks the various Kennel Control Councils in each state for a list of prefixes? Not sure if they will giver them out, but I can't see why they wouldn't, if it is just the names, with no owner details.

Ohh - excellent idea!!

Our prefix is Allerzeit (funnily enough), please add us :)

I can help you with setting up a simple search engine if you like - just heading out now, but shoot me a PM if you would like a hand and I will see what I can do :happydance:

Thank you for the offer of help, i shall pm you

Prefix added

Couldn't you aks the various Kennel Control Councils in each state for a list of prefixes? Not sure if they will giver them out, but I can't see why they wouldn't, if it is just the names, with no owner details.

Once i get it up and running, i hope they will give me a list of prefixes.

I have a copy of the ANKC Border collie database and could give you all the prefixes from that, I couldn't tell you which are still current though.

Does it matter if they are current or not? Mine hasn't been used for years, but it would still be on some dogs pedigrees, so I would think that someone else wouldn't be able to use it. :)

I have a copy of the ANKC Border collie database and could give you all the prefixes from that, I couldn't tell you which are still current though.

Does it matter if they are current or not? Mine hasn't been used for years, but it would still be on some dogs pedigrees, so I would think that someone else wouldn't be able to use it. :)

The ANKC will allow reuse after a prefix has lapsed for a certain number of years I believe.

This is great Sway, I am sure the idea has been thought of a thousand times, wonderful that you have gone ahead and done it. :)

Many thanks as I am sure it will be a popular resource.

My prefix is KANIVAKIS if you would like to add it in too.

Cheers Bec

Are you after just current ones or ones where they are no longer breeding but the prefix is still prominent in many pedigrees?

Im after ALL.

Perosnally i don't think it's right to take a prefix that has lapsed (Unless you had a connection with it, when it was running normaly)