Pup Gets The Hiccups!

Grechy

Yep my boy had them almost constantly when we first got him and the new girl gets them too but not as often. Its a puppy thing.

They never seemed to last long and with the boy if I picked him up or did something to distract him they almost always went away. I tried to get him to drink a glass of water standing upside down but he thought I was joking. :laugh:

Ons used to get them all the time as a pup too - he is a golden retreiver.

He very rarely gets them now, once in a blue moon but it must have been a blue moon the other night.

He couldnt' fathom what was going on!

hiccuping puppies are cute! all puppies are cute! Where are photos of hiccuping bulldog puppy? :laugh:

My girl gets them almost daily and she's 4 and a half months. I think they are so cute!! She's adorable when she gets them and it's really funny to watch her hop around while also hiccuping.

ETA: My girl gets them when she's really excited about something.

Edited by baker_girl

Here's a couple of pics of our lil Aussie bulldog to go with for those that wana have bit of an 'ooooh aahhhh' :cry:

His lovely smile.

SmilingKato.jpg

Here he is coming in full noise

FlyingKato.jpg

I'll get a seperate thread going elsewhere soon enough :D

Edited by Grechy

Lovely photos!!! :rofl:

Lomani used to get the hiccups heaps as a puppy, and still does occasionally. We found it really interesting that just like in humans, dog hiccups stop when you get a fright. She had them one night and a board fell over making a nice bang - she jumped and the hiccups were instantly gone.

I'm not suggested you go startling your pup at all, :) just thought it was interesting that their response to a fright is the same as ours.