Need To Update List Dogs That Kill In Aust

kylielou

Personally I think the Pitbull enthusiasts need to be a bit more creative so the breed ticks the right boxes which is not rocket science to work out. "My dog is an Amstaff sir not a Pitbull here are her papers" it's that simple just get on with it and stop complaining, give the box tickers what they want and the problem disappears. ;)

I'd rather say,"here is my APBT, trained, sociable and I'm responsible" look at how great he is...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I think the Pitbull enthusiasts need to be a bit more creative so the breed ticks the right boxes which is not rocket science to work out. "My dog is an Amstaff sir not a Pitbull here are her papers" it's that simple just get on with it and stop complaining, give the box tickers what they want and the problem disappears. ;)

I'd rather say,"here is my APBT, trained, sociable and I'm responsible" look at how great he is...

Good way to loose your dog I guess, need to be smarter than that ;)

As Al Gore would say this is the 'Inconvenient Truth'

Bad analogy.

Al Gore & his propaganda doco has been so heavily criticised by the scientific boffins for its lack of factual material it has been withdrawn from most school curriculums, world wide.

The fact Al Gore is the principal of the biggest carbon trading firm in the U.S.A didn't do much for its credibility either. So much so it has renamed ''A Convenient Lie''

by its critics.

The reason the American Pitbull Terrier doesn't appear on any recognised pure breed register is because it isn't consider a genuine pure breed. Simple.

Does the name Ayen Choi ring a bell?

Bad analogy.

Al Gore & his propaganda doco has been so heavily criticised by the scientific boffins for its lack of factual material it has been withdrawn from most school curriculums, world wide.

The fact Al Gore is the principal of the biggest carbon trading firm in the U.S.A didn't do much for its credibility either. So much so it has renamed ''A Convenient Lie''

by its critics.

The reason the American Pitbull Terrier doesn't appear on any recognised pure breed register is because it isn't consider a genuine pure breed. Simple.

Either way champ its still the inconvenient truth.Yes Ayen Chol does ring a bell and may the little angel Rest In Peace.Does the term crossbreed ring a bell for you?the record is still unbroken but keep trying anyway.Good to see you back champ and you didnt disappoint with your first post.Lets see how long it takes you to get banned this time.

Well ricey, TheCoat is on your case & right on the money. :thumbsup: He/she knows, as do the rest of us honest doggie folk , a "convenient lie" will follow when an APBT hits the headlines. As they regularity do.

You constanttly trumpet the worth of your breed to all & sundry, yet deny it's existence when it's involved in incidents.

At best you admit to the suspect dog being a ''x breed''.....''the convenient lie''. a pitbull mastiff perhaps.

In the meantime you are deliberately drawing other recognised purebreeds in the mess your arrogance has dropped on the canine population in general the bull breeds in particular.

Muddying the water as much as possible.

I have never been a supporter of the BSL.

But it's here & the reason the BSL doesn't work is because those it applies to just ignore it.

"A convenient lie", when necessary, is easier.

Some just don't have the courage of their convictions. All piss & wind.

Well ricey, TheCoat is on your case & right on the money. :thumbsup: He/she knows, as do the rest of us honest doggie folk , a "convenient lie" will follow when an APBT hits the headlines. As they regularity do.

You constanttly trumpet the worth of your breed to all & sundry, yet deny it's existence when it's involved in incidents.

At best you admit to the suspect dog being a ''x breed''.....''the convenient lie''. a pitbull mastiff perhaps.

In the meantime you are deliberately drawing other recognised purebreeds in the mess your arrogance has dropped on the canine population in general the bull breeds in particular.

But it's here & the reason the BSL doesn't work is because those it applies to just ignore it.

That post is all Piss and Wind, if you read theCoats posts you'd decipher that he/she is saying to be quote "smart" let it blow over.. with a wink symbol, implying you register your dog as a cross breed, and carry on.

As for pure breed.. lets not go there as you know they are. They are older than many of the breeds in the AKNC.

I fail to see how anyone on this forum has dragged any other breeds into the frey? That just suits your argument, it doesn't take a friggin Genius to connect amstaffs and pitbulls, they were always going to come under scrutiny at some point and will continue to do so with it becoming more and more popular.

Then who will you blame!!!

You say TheCoat is advising you you to call them cross breeds? You misread the objection me thinks. He/she wants you lot to leave the recognised pure breeds out of your deceptions.

Besides, it's too late for that, that is what you are doing already.

Pitbull Mastiff for example, enter the mastiff into the cauldron. I doubt you would even know what a mastiff looks like?

And doubt even more if any mastiff owner/breeder would ever consider contaminating their breed & compromising their ethics by crossing their breed with anything at all, especially a pitbull.

Sounds good for the purpose of the exercise though.

"The convenient lie"

Bad analogy.

by its critics.

Not recognised by any purebred registry?

So the UKC isn't a purebred registry? Registering purebred APBT for 113 years

The ADBA isn't a purebred registry?

Funny that I am sure they are....

And TheCoat has completely contradicted himself. First he says we should leave it alone because we are dragging other dogs into the spotlight and that we are chucking them under the bus but then a few posts later says he isn't worried about the ANKC register dogs because he doesn't believe they will ban them, they are safe as they are recognised breeds....

Sorry but Im not Ricey,champ.Ricey stopped posting here long ago but I will send him your regards and tell him yo are thinking of him.The dog in the incident was reported as a mastiff x pitbull.Anything crossed with mastiff will be much larger and easily regognisable from a purebred.I know this becuase unlike you I actually have experience with the purebreds and the cross in question whilst yours is based on theory.Maybe just stick to the labradors.

Im sorry that you misconstrue arrogance with experience and knowledge but it doesnt surprise me and remember when you point one finger at someone else there are three pointing back at you.We dont need to lie becuase the truth will always tell the story if it sees the light of day.maybe you should just embrace it and it just might set you free from your obvious prejudice.

As far as courage and conviction I have plenty and I have done my bit for these dogs over a long time and will continue to.that is my conviction becuase I dont lie down and give up because "Id rather die on my feet, than live on my knees" unlike some.

As far as being full of piss and wind.I aint the barbers cat Im the junk yard dog woof woof.

"Id rather die on my feet, than live on my knees"

Viva Zapata.

If you stategy isn't to muddy the waters by including other breeds, what is this thread all about then?

Why list other breeds without any question as to the authenticity of the breed when you deny every report of a so called pitbull ''incident'', even when there is definate photographic identification?

Your are on your feet alright ricey, pointing, from the shadows.

You may find the attachment of some interest.

From a 2008 publication.

post-42834-0-81821300-1321386873_thumb.jpg

Edited by stone

Only being recognised by their own membership doesn't count.

Open a registry for ""pure breed" Cavoodles & you will have exactly the same scenario to the establishment of the UKC.

i.e. A club to register dogs that aren't recognised as pure breeds by the countries pure breed registery.

A claytons pure breed registry.

Dogs solely registered by the UKC/ADBA aren't recognised as genuine recognised pure breeds any more than their registery is recognised as a genuine pure breed registry.

Edited by stone

Open a registry for ""pure breed" Cavoodles & you will have exactly the same scenario to the establishment of the UKC.

i.e. A club to register dogs that aren't recognised as pure breeds by the countries pure breed registery.

Dogs solely registered by the UKC/ADBA aren't recognised as genuine recognised pure breeds any more than their registery is recognised as a genuine pure breed registry.

Maybe to you they are not recognised as genuine purebreds. But 113 years of purebred registry says differently. If someone opened a Cavoodle registry I would be happy to tell them their dogs are now purebred when they had been breeding and registering them for 113 years, oh and if they changed the darn name to something a little more sensible.

Also you may want to go back to the start of the thread and have a look it was started over 3 years ago, why have you and TheCoat dredged up such an old thread?

The thread was originally created by someone who was and still is helping people fight the Council's here in QLD against their draconian laws and fighting council's illegal seizure and euthanasia of many innocent dogs. And winning I might add.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

It astounds me yet again how much venom and hatred any thread on bsl and/or Pit Bulls or Pit Bull crosses invokes. If you dont like Pit Bulls that is fine dont have one, dont give them a moments thought but dont belittle the efforts of true dog lovers that are trying to stop such blatently wrong legislations.

Maybe to you they are not recognised as genuine purebreds. But 113 years of purebred registry says differently. If someone opened a Cavoodle registry I would be happy to tell them their dogs are now purebred when they had been breeding and registering them for 113 years, oh and if they changed the darn name to something a little more sensible.

Also you may want to go back to the start of the thread and have a look it was started over 3 years ago, why have you and TheCoat dredged up such an old thread?

The thread was originally created by someone who was and still is helping people fight the Council's here in QLD against their draconian laws and fighting council's illegal seizure and euthanasia of many innocent dogs.

I may be wrong, but it appears the thread was reopened by the original poster (Chivers solicitor?) or an associate there of.

To what end?

One can only assume to continue the blame switching charade.

And winning I might add.

Do you think so? Really?

The litigant in Chivers V GCCC introduced her own expert witness' testimony which, much to everyones shock/horror, stated Am Staffs & APBT's were the same breed, effectively destroying her own case.

IMO, & this is purely conjecture on my part, the council heard the combined groan of every Am Staff owner in the world, not just in Australia or Qld, for a legal precedent about to be laid down.

Realising the pandoras box that was opening, they withdrew.

The case was not won, nor is it really finalised.

The Qld government then enacted legislation declaring ANKC registered Am Staffs are not a restricted breed.

Please note ANKC registered.

Nothing else has changed.

The fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

BSL is still law.

Non ANKC registered Am Staffs are still pitties as far as the BSL is concerned.

BTW, pure breeds & registered recognised pure breeds are miles apart.

One being pretty much a local thing of no real consequence except to those involved, the other internationally acknowledged by every genuine pure breed registry.

cavoodles? pure breeds? Start a pure breed registry. They still wont be recognised as pure breeds outside that registry.

Chauncey said Bennetts Ring was a pure breed, 113 years on & still the AKC doesn't agree with him.

That has to tell you something?

Edited by stone

The thread was originally created by someone who was and still is helping people fight the Council's here in QLD against their draconian laws and fighting council's illegal seizure and euthanasia of many innocent dogs.

I may be wrong, but it appears the thread was reopened by the original poster (Chivers solicitor?) or an associate there of.

To what end?

One can only assume to continue the blame switching charade.

And winning I might add.

Do you think so? Really?

The litigant in Chivers V GCCC introduced her own expert witness' testimony which, much to everyones shock/horror, stated Am Staffs & APBT's were the same breed, effectively destroying her own case.

IMO, & this is purely conjecture on my part, the council heard the combined groan of every Am Staff owner in the world, not just in Australia or Qld, for a legal precedent about to be laid down.

Realising the pandoras box that was opening, they withdrew.

The case was not won, nor is it really finalised.

The Qld government then enacted legislation declaring ANKC registered Am Staffs are not a restricted breed.

Please note ANKC registered.

Nothing else has changed.

The fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

BSL is still law.

Non ANKC registered Am Staffs are still pitties as far as the BSL is concerned.

BTW, pure breeds & registered recognised pure breeds are miles apart.

One being pretty much a local thing of no real consequence except to those involved, the other internationally acknowledged by every genuine pure breed registry.

cavoodles? pure breeds? Start a pure breed registry. They still wont be recognised as pure breeds outside that registry.

Chauncey said Bennetts Ring was a pure breed, 113 years on & still the AKC doesn't agree with him.

That has to tell you something?

I suggest you take another look at the Chivers vs GCCC case or stop talking about what you don't know. At this stage Tango is home, that in my books is a win maybe not the war but certainly a battle, second it was not Chivers who bought in the expert who claimed APBT and Amstaff were the same, that was a tactic used by the GCCC to try and win the case, they gave no notice and sprung this tactic on the court the day of the hearing. QLD Legislation was ammended not long after, the legislation now states :-

63A Provisions for deciding what is a breed of dog

(1) Each of the following certificates, for a dog, is evidence the

dog is of the breed stated in the certificate—

(a) a pedigree certificate from the Australian National

Kennel Council;

(b) a pedigree certificate from a member body of the

Australian National Kennel Council;

© a pedigree certificate from a national breed council

registered with the Australian National Kennel Council;

(d) a certificate signed by a veterinary surgeon stating, or to

the effect, that the dog is of a particular breed.

(2) However, if a dog is of the breed American Staffordshire

terrier it is not of the breed American pit bull terrier.

(3) Also, the breed American pit bull terrier does not include a

dog of the breed American Staffordshire terrier.

So no the dog does not have to be ANKC registered.

2ndly

63 What is a restricted dog

(1) A restricted dog is a dog of a breed prohibited from

importation into Australia under the Customs Act 1901

(Cwlth).

Note—

See the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 (Cwlth),

section 3 and schedule 1 (Goods the importation of which is prohibited

absolutely).

(2) Also, a dog is a restricted dog if it is the subject of a restricted

dog declaration.

(3) In this section—

breed, of a dog, does not include a crossbreed of a breed.

This clearly states in part (3) that a breed of dog does not include a crossbreed. Seeing as we don't have an American Pitbull Terrier purebred registry and they are not a recognised breed in Australia (by ANKC or any affiliates) they are technically a crossbreed only and therefore are not prohibited by Qld Legislation. Any one who has their dog seized in QLD should know this ^^^ and fight because according to Australia there is no such breed as the APBT, QLD law states crossbreeds don't come under the prohibited laws so how are unrocognised crossbreeds being seized?

Actually someone accidentally re-opened the thread in August, someone updated the list, as far as I can see not someone who is at all involved with the Chivers case (why would they?). No one is blaming breeds, as it has already been stated the majority of dogs involved in attacks on this list are Xbreeds only. Why is it ok for everyone else to lay blame on APBT but when we point out attacks by other breeds or Xbreeds we are in the wrong? How come you are attacking us for this list and telling us to give up the fight rather than asking WHY there are so many attacks by other breeds and crossbreeds? Pitbull haters are so blinded by their hate that they refuse to see the big picture and to ask the real questions like WHY other breeds are involved in attacks, why are other breeds (or Xbreeds) involved in more attacks in Australia then PBx's? Open your eyes, pull your head out of the sand and start looking at the truth.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Chivers introduced the expert witness, not the GCCC. What ever, it was accepted as ''expert evidence.

Try the "it's not an APBT it's an unpapered AST'' ploy & see how you get on? Hammered is how.

Talk about head in the stand.

Do you really believe the APBT is ''restricted'' simply because of the way it looks? In many parts the world? including great swathes of it's country of origin? Get real!

Do you consider ''restricted'' applies to the breed or to the keeping of the breed? Both?

Do you have the breed?

If so,

Do you keep it/them as required by the legislation or do you practice civil disobedience as many/most/all owners obviously do?

If you want support, you have to not only do the right thing, you have to be seen to be doing the right thing.

So far, no see.

Trying to shift the blame aint going to cut it.

Stop whinging that the breeds you are pointing at are pointing back.

"You"caused your own problem. Nobody else.

Stand up & be counted if you are so passionate. Step out of the shadows.

You talk the talk, let's see you walk the walk.

Chivers introduced the expert witness, not the GCCC. What ever, it was accepted as ''expert evidence.

Try the "it's not an APBT it's an unpapered AST'' ploy & see how you get on? Hammered is how.

Do you really believe the APBT is ''restricted'' simply because of the way it looks? In many parts the world? including great swathes of it's country of origin? Get real!

Do you consider ''restricted'' applies to the breed or to the keeping of the breed? Both?

Do you have the breed?

If so,

Do you keep it/them as required by the legislation or do you practice civil disobedience as many/most/all owners obviously do?

If you want support, you have to not only do the right thing, you have to be seen to be doing the right thing.

So far, no see.

It was a "one off" decision based on only half the real evidence because Tango's owners and (pro bono) lawyers got "bushwacked" by the Council changing its case from "It is not an Amstaff it's a pitbull" to "Of course its an Amstaff but all Amstaffs are pitbulls", at the last minute (ie, on the day in court). The system let it get away with that. With hindisght, maybe Tango's team should have seen it coming (eg a decision some months earlier to walk away from D Pomeroy and co as witnesses should have sent up a signal of some kind).

If there is ever such a case again, the full history of AKC/UKC breed separation, the different strains that were bred or used for fighting (eg ADBA ancestors) and everything else will come out, and the legislation will be interpreted to apply only to dogs that come from stock that is or was bred for fighting. Now I know full well that that expression is also meaningless in many ways, but the point is that the legislation properly applied, even before the 2010 changes, does not apply to family pets who are, or are bred from, Amstaff or any other breed with a demonstrated history in the show ring.

Why has that never been argued or decided? Because every time a case has come close, the Council has backed away. They are the ultimate cowards in the sense that they bully until they are really stood up to, and they then run away. But so few people have the assistance they need to get to that point. They ACOs know full well what b/s they have been peddling. Unfortunately, every councillor I have spoken with about the issue, and there have been more than a few, is a mushroom, and not the sharpest mushroom in the compost heap at that. You get what you vote for - politicians. Now they should be a subject to "22 point" identification (1. Is unable to give a straight answer to a straight question. 3 points 2. Actually believes that some breeds are inherently dangeros they need to be killed, because a highly qualified ACO told them so.

Do you have the breed?

If so,

So far, no see.

No I believe APBT are restricted because we cannot take responsibility for humanities mistakes and problems so we use them as scapegoats just as Dobermans, Rotties and GSD's have been used as scapegoats in the past. Lets start taking responsibility for what WE do, we claim to be so intellectually above every other creature on this planet and yet we blame them for our misdeeds. Dogs are not "evil" we are. We over breed them, we train them, we mistreat them, we fight them, we kill them and apparently THEY are the evil ones. Wake up.

I have a mongrel crossbreed of unknown origins who may or may not have Amstaff or Pitt in her. I can't be sure. She would certainly hit the nail on the head with most of the standards the Vic Govt have implemented. But her pictures are in my signature you can make your own judgement.

As I have already pointed out to you there are NO restrictions on crossbreeds in Queensland, as APBT are not a recognised breed in Aus they are a crossbreed, my dog is of unknown heritage and is certainly a crossbreed, so there are no restrictions on owning her or how I house her. But I am a responsible owner and both of my dogs are kept contained at all times, neither of my dogs have ever escaped, both are registered with council, micro-chipped, vaccinated and desexed not to mention socialised and well trained, especially Phoenix.

Are you going to support me now? I *am* doing the right thing....

I am not trying to shift blame. I blame people full stop, we created this issue, we need to fix it but while ever we blame a breed of dog nothing will get done to fix the real problem.

I am not pointing fingers at any breeds, I have no breed prejudice, I believe all breeds have propensity to aggression and as I work as a dog trainer/assistant in group classes and am training in behavioural dog training I have seen many many dogs of all breeds who are aggressive, I never blame the dog or the breed I blame the person on the end of the lead and those people on the end of the lead that accept that it was their doing, they are the ones who manage to turn their dogs around.

As a race we need to accept that this is our doing so we can turn things around.

BSL is a fail. We need to reconsider our options and develop legislation that targets bad owners.

Owners/Breeders/Fanciers of Amstaffs, Staffords, Rotties etc need to stand up and HELP us because otherwise it is their beloved breed on the chopping block next, not because we pointed the finger but because banning one breed won't stop the attacks, it will just cause the idiots to move onto a new breed and it will start again...don't believe me, Ukraine has banned over 80 breeds of dog, those breeds include several varieties of Bull Terriers, Bulldogs, Livestock Guardian dogs, Boxer, Briar, Labrador Retriever, Welsh Terrier, German Shepherd and their mixes. Whose dog is next?

I am standing up, I don't back down on my beliefs, no matter who I am talking to. My friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances and clients are well aware that I am not a supporter of BSL and that I am a Pitbull lover. I make it clear in everyday life and I make an effort to educate people. I don't hide in the dark, I don't hide my dog. I have no reason to, I am proud of my beliefs.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Chrissie,

I doubt very much if such a case could ever be fought & won by claiming seperation between the AST & the APBT for one very good reason.

At that time the UKC, the APBTs main register, was accepting AKC registered ASTs onto their register as pure bred APBTs.

That's game over.

IMO, the GCCC should get some accolades for withdrawing, with the case all but won, before a final decision & a precedent set declaring ASTs to be APBTs.

Imagine the ramifications for the AST of such a precedent.

Keira,

Firstly, I have no emotion, not dislike nor affection, for the APBT. It is not a breed that holds any attraction for me.

Having said that, you really need to do more research on the BSL before launching on your quest.

Our species, as a whole(not race) does have a lot to answer for, but the BSL is is not one of them.

The BSL is entirely the fault of pitbull owners.

The BSL weasn't dropped on the breed overnight. It was years in the making.

APBT owners were given more than one chance to get their act into gear. They failed, actually I'm not sure if one can fail without one even trying, but they did fail their breed. Badly.

The restrictions were gradual & applied because of almost weekly reports of attacks upon humans, mostly kids. As a result the APBT, while restricted in public, were still allowed to owned, bred, sold, traded, exchanged, given away, just as any other breed.

The attacks continued virtually unabated, until finally a very scared public said enough is enough & demanded protection, the pollies seized on the opportunity for brownie points & effectively banned the breed. I speak of NSW btw.

Besides stringent requirements for housing, the dogs were required to be sterilised. they were not to be bred from (obviously) & they weren't to be sold, traded, given away.

So were are all the pitties coming form now?

Just as they didn't take the tip at the begining, when there was still a chance for them, the owners of the breed are totally disregarding the BSL laws & relying on deception to maintain the breed in a black market.

Who would want the breed? Use your imagination .

Which is where I came in. (And probably TheCoat. but I only speak for myself)

My breed, a registered, recognised pure breed that has build a reputation as one of the most reliable people dogs on the planet is suffering extraordinarily because of the deception.

My breed has has come from nowhere to top of bite stats since the introduction of the BSL while the pitty has gone from the top to the bottom.

Do you see the connection here? Blind Freddie could.

You claim love & affection for a breed you have no real connection to, don't own, haven't owned & I fear for the future of my breed because of a breed it has no connection with.

Maybe you are right after all..

Our species, some of them anyhow, do have a lot to answer for.

Edited by stone