Red Dingo Pet Tags

pennyw74

This might sound like a really dumb question but I just got my Red Dingo Pet Tag in the mail yesterday.

When I attach it to my puppy's collar, it hangs sideways because the loop is through the front of the tag.

What can I do to get it to hang straight so when you look at the dog, you can see the front of the tag?

I think you may have to use a key "ring" on it first. It should hang straight then.

edit: put the ring through the hole at the front of the tag, then attach to the colar D ring via the key "ring".

If that makes sence.

That's what I did and that's why it doesn't hang straight. There's a D ring on his collar which I attached the split ring that came with the tag to which is also attached to the tag and that's why it hangs sideways.

If you look at:

http://www.pawprintpettags.com/index.cfm?D...mp;ProductID=92

You can see that the hole is sideways and that means that it hangs perfect.

Red Dingo have:

http://www.reddingo.net/html/tags1.htm

See the hole is in the front of the tag?

This means that it hands sideways :thumbsup:

Ahh I see, You may have to use another split ring on the other split ring to get it hanging right? It would then turn it face forward.

:thumbsup: So glad you could understand what I meant - I was starting to confuse myself.

That's what I though...another split ring but I was wondering if there was a better way. :thumbsup:

I should have bought one from the other place - silly me.

The tag we have for our girl hangs right because it is like the pawprintpettags place.

Ahh I see, You may have to use another split ring on the other split ring to get it hanging right? It would then turn it face forward.

Yup - I've put a charm on the d-ring of my dog's collars, and attached the split ring of the tag to the loop of the charm instead of the d-ring itself. Then it sits straight....

• 2 years later...

I love the tags like that, but Scout is forever losing his /sigh

So went the cheap and nasty look of a luggage plastic tag, with a laminated insert with name/ph number. Doubled it, so can be read from either side. Go figure, he's never lost that one and it only cost $1.50 :laugh:

Either use a second small split ring or an s-hook.

I love the tags like that, but Scout is forever losing his /sigh

So went the cheap and nasty look of a luggage plastic tag, with a laminated insert with name/ph number. Doubled it, so can be read from either side. Go figure, he's never lost that one and it only cost $1.50 :laugh:

Try the s/s collar tags from here: http://www.boomerangtags.com/store/index.php?A=G&ID=4. I haven't lost one yet. US website, however postage to Australia is $2 and they usually arrive within 10 days.