Groomer Perth

Tobias

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a groomer for Maxie? I'd like someone to hand strip his coat. I really don't want to change his coat texture ie: have it go all light and fluffy like clipping or improper stripping with a stripping tool does, so I need an experenced groomer. I don't feel I can do it and have it look right...or good. THANKS!!

I would suggest contacting the griffon breeders in Perth as some get there dogs strip by a lady .Im not sure if she will do pets.Not sure how much your prepared to pay for this to be done as it wont be cheap.

You cant ruin the coat as such with hand stripping you can certainly do a crap job & you learn each time but the key is you must work on the coat weekly to maintain a good coat,you could roll the coat if it has correct texture.

Generally they wil be stripped back to bald skin once it has blown & done in sections as the back grows slower than the neck,bum & head

Thanks! I don't mind paying whatever if she will do it. I've heard it only has to be done twice a year? :birthday: I do pull his wispies and feel ok with that but to do a full job of it...

BALD :wave: Poor little man...may have to buy a coat for him. lol!

Sorry I'm new at the wire coats but what is rolling the coat? Again sorry if this is a ignorant question :(

Thanks! I don't mind paying whatever if she will do it. I've heard it only has to be done twice a year? :birthday: I do pull his wispies and feel ok with that but to do a full job of it...

BALD :wave: Poor little man...may have to buy a coat for him. lol!

Sorry I'm new at the wire coats but what is rolling the coat? Again sorry if this is a ignorant question :(

Twice a year or however long the coat lasts.Some blow there coats very quickly .

The thing to remember is even if you get someone to strip the coat out you still need to work on it weekly to maintain all that effort.

Your dog may have a great coat & it can be partially striipped out & then maintained.

Depending on what tools you have or are using can make the job very easy or much harder.

We show a hand stripped breed .Whilst we run a grooming salon we dont strip out to bald though we will show people what they need & how to do or we will work on a coat .

The coat ideally can only be stripped once its ready so it needs to be really blown for a full strip.If there is a new coat coming through underneath thast when you can do a partial strip & try to roll it