Orijien

poochmad

I'm feeding my pup Nutrience, he didn't eat much of it before but I guess he is getting used to it now and he eats more and more nowadays. Poo seems to be fine so far, but he has been scratching and biting his own legs. I didn't know that the scratching and biting could be caused by the food as well until I read this thread. Do you guys think I should consider changing his diet? He didn't eat much of the Nutrience before and made me wanna change to orijen, now that I don't even dare to think about it. It's giving me headache now I'm not sure whether I should change his diet or should I just stick with it. Pls give me some advice :provoke:

You do know there are many different types of Nutrience? Some of the dogs i know who have skin problems started on Holistic, they still had sloppy poos, so we put them on derma and problem solved, my own boy is on holistic and has never looked better, and my staffy is on the Active.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I was disappointed for sure.

I had to take my two off their raw diet because Gus is prone to gastro. I tried Orijen as well as Ziwi Peak but both gave both dogs sloppy poos.

They're now on Artemis Fresh Mix Adult and I (and they) couldn't be happier. Their poos are firmer (still not as firm as when they were on raw) and they love the taste and lick each others bowls for ages after feeding.

But yeah, I was really disappointed with Orijen.

So Orijen is not going to be available anymore? I have enough to last me a while (I bought a new bag just a couple of weeks ago) - though I am not sure whether I should keep going with the bag.

I can't wait till I can find a food I am happy with and that doesn't get discontinued. We were on Nutro prior to Orijen.

My lot all look great and love Orijen - they do get the occasional runny poo and farty episodes (seriously, how can the smallest dog make the biggest smell???) but seemed to be doing really well on it. They tried a sample of Artemis a while ago and turned up their noses.

Edited by CBL

Darcy has done so well on orijen - the only food he doesn't screw his nose up at.

Am so disappointed that I will have to find another dry food that his lordship approves of.

Judith will send you a sample pack if you like or it comes in a 1.8kg bag!

Oh thanks FTPO.

my boys go mental over their Orijen, they have never been interested much in kibble before :laugh: the poohs are better, no farts, their coats look great and the fat one is losing weight.

I only have 400g left. So no one is selling orijen anymore?

I'm not sure how fast the recall will be - perhaps if you got it from a shop they may still have it?

No prob PC! Hope Master Darcy likes it! :cheer:

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Iv been buying it online. Actually the guy from pookinuk just called me as I emailed them asking if they have any stock left and he said they only have some puppy giant breed and adult senior left so if anyone wants to get some senior or puppy , best be going here before they run out http://www.pookinuk.com.au/

they do $5 delivery australia wide

would you still want it though? God i wouldn't! they couldn't give it to me. I have half a bag here if anyone wants it.

Me too. I have 1/2 a 7kg Orijin Puppy bag if anyone wants it? :) My boys are both back on Royal Canin now.

Edited by Tobias

Just to let other DOLers know I have just spoken first hand to the Importer of all the Natura Products(California Natural, Evo, Innova etc) and he has reassured me that because of the way these foods are made in USA(human conditions) it DOES NOT have to be irridated when it arrives here in Australia as Natura Products have meet all the AQIS guidelines prior to it leaving USA

He has even checked this again today for me .I get the Chicken and Rice Dry California Natural from a friend's Pet Goods Direct Store

Phew!

I think Holistic EP is grain free, but will double check.

Experiences with Orijien...

One dog was very happy on Orijien, but she never had any problems with her digestive system. The other got pancreatitis and our vet said that the food was too rich for her. We went back to HEP and all problems disappeared. Her bloodwork results are back to 100%

I am not going to change their food in a hurry. They both do very well on HEP.

Edited by Anna

I just gave both of mine Royal Canin Junior (need to get an adult pack tomorrow) and they both hoovered it up better than they did the Orijen. The younger girl especially, head down and ate the whole bowl non-stop where before she would pause and/or wander off before coming back to the bowl, often several times. And the kibble's about the same size and texture as Orijen, but the crunching sounds while they were eating was a lot louder. So I'm assuming that means it's better for their teeth cleaning anyway.