Orijien

poochmad

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are probably recalling it all because a couple of cats have got sick from eating the dog food.

Knowing what has happened to the product though I don't know why anyone would even consider still feeding it to an animal.

The guy that delivers my dog food told me, it sounded like they have only just found out. Im going to ring them later because i have a half a bag of Orijen here and im not sure whether to keep feeding my dogs with it.

Just rang the Importer and can confirm there is NO RECALL on the dog food,really wish people would get there facts right before saying things(don't mean you neorotic,your delivery guy)

They are probably recalling it all because a couple of cats have got sick from eating the dog food.

Knowing what has happened to the product though I don't know why anyone would even consider still feeding it to an animal.

Jules- I was thrilled with the product a fortnight ago before all this unfolded, and the contents of the bag hasn't mysteriously mutated over night...my dogs are healthy and happy and gobbling it down and look great - so I'm just going to finish the bag. If there was a danger I'm sure Orijen would recall their dog product as they have done for cats. To each their own, but I try to look at these things rationally, and not get swept up in hype and panic. I have no cats that live here, so no danger as far as I can see.

Well I wouldn't want to eat something that had been nuked to that degree! The dog food was treated the same as the cat food. Nothing to do with hype or panic. The facts are that it was treated to very high degrees of Gamma Irradiation and I would not be happy feeding it to anyone knowing that.

I'm sure your pooch will be fine poochmad :D If it hasn't hurt any dogs so far it isn't going to start now. I'm not saying I would happily continue to use the product...I just can't afford to throw it away and I can see no evidence of it hurting my dogs, or anyone elses...

I have fed the Orijen to my dogs since it very 1st came to Australia back around Feb so I'm probably one of the longest users in Aust ,infact I brought a bag before I started selling it as I like to try all products before I sell them so if any ones dogs would be affected it would be mine and they're all running round with shiny coats and looking very healthy ;)

Edited by 4 Paws

I have recently moved my Elkhound to Orijen after reading about it on DOL. It's done wonders for him. He has a sensitive stomach and would often get soft poos. Now they are all tiny, hard and healthy (can't believe I'm discussing the texture of poo :D )

He is also more energetic (as if he didn't have enough already), loves the food, poo smells less. So I am extremely happy with Orijen and am glad to hear there is no recall. Once I finish the Hills Science puppy food bag for my retriever, I'll move her to Orijen as well.

I have recently moved my Elkhound to Orijen after reading about it on DOL. It's done wonders for him. He has a sensitive stomach and would often get soft poos. Now they are all tiny, hard and healthy (can't believe I'm discussing the texture of poo :D )

He is also more energetic (as if he didn't have enough already), loves the food, poo smells less. So I am extremely happy with Orijen and am glad to hear there is no recall. Once I finish the Hills Science puppy food bag for my retriever, I'll move her to Orijen as well.

There is not a recall happening but they are not going to supply to Australia anymore - hence what you have now is all the orijen you will ever have. Look into Artemis Maximal Dog as it is the only other grain free kibble sold in Austrlia that is not sold by PP!

There is not a recall happening but they are not going to supply to Australia anymore - hence what you have now is all the orijen you will ever have. Look into Artemis Maximal Dog as it is the only other grain free kibble sold in Austrlia that is not sold by PP!

Do you know why they won't supply to Australia?

Do you know why they won't supply to Australia?

Because the company won't compromise the quality and safety of their products by subjecting them to irradiation, neither do they wish to change the way they prepare their foods just to comply with Australian requirements. Australia is a very small market for them and the only country in the world which has these restrictions. Nutro chose not to export to Australia for exactly the same reasons.

Because Australian law states that certain products that are manufacture in the way the orijen is must be irradated before being sold. This irradation has caused the vitamins to be effected in the food to the point where a cat can get sick/die from eating either Orijen Cat or Orijen Dog, thus due to our laws Orijen has decided to discontinue supply to Australia.

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

The guy that delivers my dog food told me, it sounded like they have only just found out. Im going to ring them later because i have a half a bag of Orijen here and im not sure whether to keep feeding my dogs with it.

Just rang the Importer and can confirm there is NO RECALL on the dog food,really wish people would get there facts right before saying things(don't mean you neorotic,your delivery guy)

Oh thats ok then, i was starting to panic because my dogs have just finished a bag last week and have had half a bag this week. Some bad communication has happened then :D

I'm sure your pooch will be fine poochmad :D If it hasn't hurt any dogs so far it isn't going to start now. I'm not saying I would happily continue to use the product...I just can't afford to throw it away and I can see no evidence of it hurting my dogs, or anyone elses...

Sorry, I should have been more clear...I'm not concerned about the recall due to cats getting ill (as they have said that dogs are fine), I am just disappointed as he's not performing well on it and I can't change due to no money...