Royal Canin/eagle Pack/dick Van Patten's/advance?

Arcana

I'm sure there are heaps of these sorts of questions but I would love some advice on what food to move to now there is no Oijen. In the past we have fed Royal Canin, Nutro, then Orijen. We have generally found them all to be good, though I am finding ti difficult keep weight on Baci at the moment under Orijen. So I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on what they think and recommend.

Mine are on barf for 40%, 10 other, and 40% kibble.

For the kibble they were on Eaglepack fish, then when Orijen came out, I switched to it and they loved it. They seemed to have more energy too. But now i am stuck again. For the moment i will go back to Eaglepack and maybe stay on it. I think its either that or Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance.

Other such as Artemis, hard to get; Ziwipeak, expensive and not really a kibble.

Mine are on barf for 40%, 10 other, and 40% kibble.

For the kibble they were on Eaglepack fish, then when Orijen came out, I switched to it and they loved it. They seemed to have more energy too. But now i am stuck again. For the moment i will go back to Eaglepack and maybe stay on it. I think its either that or Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance.

Other such as Artemis, hard to get; Ziwipeak, expensive and not really a kibble.

chuckie500,I've just send you a PM regarding Artemis if you're interested in NSW and would like a sample to try

Thanks 4paws. I'll think about it, but i don't want to trouble you just yet unless I really want to commit.

I like others I guess feel a little bit burnt by Orijen. Not their fault, just the whole experience, that we have been so close to inadvertently hurting our dogs. First the melamine, then this & you wonder what next. Maybe a local food product is best? How can be sure that the company sources all their ingredients form safe sources?

Is there a great local product with no corn and no wheat, with the first ingredient being meat?

Guest belgian.blue

I use California Natural .. Herring and Sweet Potato and I wouldn't look back. I've found it to be the only kibble with larger bites that dogs will chew. Most dry foods have tiny pieces that are far too small for the larger breeds. Actually smells pretty darn good too. Like real food.

My Belgian has the most fantastic black sheen to her coat since being on Cal Nat. I've now got my cat on the feline version. Her poops are great too.

Faiirly good priced for what you're getting .. $25 for 2.2kg which lasts me about three weeks for one dog.

Edited by belgian.blue

I've never seen California Natural anywhere for sale. Is it available online?

I think its made by Natura Pet Products (same as Innova/EVO), so only available through Paradise Retail Holdings (Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct and Pets R Fun).

I've never seen California Natural anywhere for sale. Is it available online?

I think its made by Natura Pet Products (same as Innova/EVO), so only available through Paradise Retail Holdings (Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct and Pets R Fun).

Which automatically rules it out for me.