Another Lense Topic!

tlc

Shooting a dog at f1.8, it'll be hard to have nose and eyes in focus [unless you own a brachy!]. Is that what you mean by hard to use?

Yes! How did you know.... :eek: It focus but doesn't focus where I want it to focus.... that sounds stupid, I know. :rofl: I tought I'll practice some more before I ask for help, but I have been so busy.

Rugelfly, that's beautiful photos.

This is one of Ringo, I didn't edit it (sharpen), see the nose????

DSC_0140.jpg

This one is a little dark but in focus, I think the F was much higher F/11 where the other one was f/2.8, but then you don't get the nice background.

DSC_0169.jpg

Edited by Tokkie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Sydney was too far to drive so i rang around today. Can you believe not only did Hardly normal just up the road have them in stock, they almost matched the NOB price, they did have a tag of $219 which is RRP and they sold it to me for $181 well done to them I say.

this is a bit crapola as I took it in Raw and have no idea how to post process properly yet and it was getting dark etc etc but here's the first shot. I need to play with Raw a bit more I think. Needs more colour, but i think that may have been the way I took it anyway.

3117102211_198eb8cf01.jpg

Oh here is boogs cant forget him

3117113523_260b05a1de_o.jpg

so what lens is this you've just bought? I've lost track. My fave is the second pic, he looks very thoughtful doesn't he.

Edited by Kirislin

Rocco you silly billy, that is Fly :eek: Ruger is beneath thus "Boogs" :laugh: :D

Thanks Kirs. Its the 50mm. I rushed out when it got a bit stormy looking. I cant remember but I think I had the App opened up a little.

Tokkie, you have really nailed the whole DOF aspect :rofl:

:laugh: I went & bought another one today (as a pressie) , but didn't quite get as good a price as you Ruger.

:D: I love it so much I am tempted to keep both of them :D

Nice Shots Tokkie :rofl: . I generally use about F4 if I want DOF & full face focus + I try to get down low so that the DOF really is further away.

Ruger, yours are really cool too :eek: I love that natural saturation that you get just before a storm.

Edited by Vickie

Wow are they as pricey as the nikon 1.4 I wonder? The 1.8 nikon is such good value for a bubba lens.

I have the older 50mm 1.8 at work. Thats where I found it and fell in love :rofl:

Umm, it wasn't cheap but I figured I'd be using it alot and I'd heard the 1.8 was a bit light and flimsy, plus I had some money that a dear friend had given me a couple of years ago that she wanted me to put towards my arty hobbies. I'd been hanging onto it all this time so decided to put it towards this lens. I am not rich. :eek:

This is with the D3 and the other 50mm 1.8 Shot on Jpeg large/fine

Havnt shot RAW in good light yet but Im liking what the Jpeg file throws in the way of colour. This one hasnt been adjusted at all.

ETA click on the file the reduced one looks crap :rofl:

3117246001_4cd90f481a_o.jpg

Edited by rugerfly

Well Sydney was too far to drive so i rang around today. Can you believe not only did Hardly normal just up the road have them in stock, they almost matched the NOB price, they did have a tag of $219 which is RRP and they sold it to me for $181 well done to them I say.

this is a bit crapola as I took it in Raw and have no idea how to post process properly yet and it was getting dark etc etc but here's the first shot. I need to play with Raw a bit more I think. Needs more colour, but i think that may have been the way I took it anyway.

3117102211_198eb8cf01.jpg

Oh here is boogs cant forget him

3117113523_260b05a1de_o.jpg

Fantastic shots, my lense still hasnt turned up yet, :eek: I am beginning to think they guy at our local hardly Normal gave me the wrong price for the 50mm, he said $307 and I told him I could get it for $199 and he said go for it then there was no way he coudl match that price :rofl: he said they buy them for $238 think he might have been talking rubbish by the sounds of it. anyway the 50mm is certainly very popular and producing some great images!!

ps. question, is DOF depth of field??

Woops, I wasn't subscribed to this and I missed two pages of posts! Great pics Roogs and Tokkie :thumbsup:

I think it's great that so many people are getting so into their photography. Next years calendars will be awesome :thumbsup:

Kirislin, I wonder if we should ask Troy to give us a separate section just for us Canon users? :laugh: :laugh:

Rocco you silly billy, that is Fly :thumbsup: Ruger is beneath thus "Boogs" :laugh::)

Steady on rugers I only just realised you had another dog. :) Oops my bad. Well then, you need to photograph Fly more. :thumbsup:

Kirislin, I wonder if we should ask Troy to give us a separate section just for us Canon users? :laugh::(

Well we will ask Troy for a Nikon users thread because Nikon is the new black don't you know. :)