3 Yearly Vaccine

leopuppy04

Hiya,

ok- my vet offers the 3 yearly vaccine... now when I was reading up on this a while ago it was said that the vacc was the same as the 12mth vaccine just re-labelled.

Is anyone able to help me find some more information about this... I'm not comfortable giving them a triple dose of a vacc if this is the case, but would like to use it if it is the same vial as the 12mth one :eek:

I use the Nobivac 3 yearly vaccine on the Collies for dist/hep/parvo and the Nobivac Intra-nasal annually for KC

This, from what I have researched, and I will stand corrected, a new vaccine and for my dogs they dis not suffer adverse reactions like in previous years with the old C3.

Ok i asked my vet about this and he said that is was basically 3 doses of the yearly vaccine at once. :love: and that you still have to give the KC componant yearly

Personally, i dont want to hit my dogs with 3 times the yearly amount at once.

It is the very same vaccine, it had to be reregistered to be renamed because of the change in protocol, just like any changes to any other drugs.

It is not a double whammy of vaccine. The drug company is finally admitting that the vaccine does not need to be given anually.

It is the very same vaccine, it had to be reregistered to be renamed because of the change in protocol, just like any changes to any other drugs.

It is not a double whammy of vaccine. The drug company is finally admitting that the vaccine does not need to be given anually.

That's what I thought :love: Wonder if there is any way to get formal confirmation of that - might warrant an email to the drug company.

That's what I thought :love: Wonder if there is any way to get formal confirmation of that - might warrant an email to the drug company.

Yeah that's what I've read - but I have also read it is not exactly the same as it is 'said' to work even if maternal antibodies are present therefore only needs to be given once.

There are different vaccines available.

The Protech Adult 3 yearly vaccine has been 'tweaked' to ensure 3 year duration, but its not just 3 times as much vaccine. It's also not exactly the same as the Protech C3.

There are other vaccine available (such as the Nobivac C3) which offer the 10 week finish that can penetrate maternal antibodies.

That's what I thought :laugh: Wonder if there is any way to get formal confirmation of that - might warrant an email to the drug company.

Just spoke to the vet and they assure me it's not a triple whammy. I think some vets say that because they *want* you to come in every year etc :)

I will have to see which one they offer - whether it is the Nobivac one or protech.

Either way - I still think it a better option than the once yearly, and I can't find anywhere that will titre test for me :love:

i went with the 3 yearly - vaccines were due, i hate all vaccines anyway but kennel the dogs so needed some kind of cover - at least now i dont have to think about vaccines for another 3 yrs :thumbsup:

no adverse affects at all :clap: i would titre test but kennels dont accept it and theres no certainty of how long to leave between titres...

I asked the Fort Dodge (Protech) rep myself, she said it's got about 15% more in it than the others.

I don't do KC currently, I bring plenty of it home on my clothes I figure to produce some nice natural immunity. :thumbsup:

The last dog to have it here was the one who actually had a current C5.