Severe Case Of "little Dog Sydrome"

animalsluvbree...

What is his general behaviour?

How does he behave around the house? Sit for his food.. walk on lead politely... not look for attention...

What training do you do with him?

and ............. do you have photos? :laugh:

You would probably benefit from a professional trainer one-one one .Interpreting body language and attitude is easier when the trainer can see and interact with teh dog concerned .

First step you should take is not allow your dog to run up to other dogs.

If he gets a large dog that dislikes full on dogs in its face the results arent going to be pretty.

Keep your dog on lead or call it back before it has a chance to run up to another dog.

First step you should take is not allow your dog to run up to other dogs.

If he gets a large dog that dislikes full on dogs in its face the results arent going to be pretty.

Keep your dog on lead or call it back before it has a chance to run up to another dog.

Yes I fully agree MonElite, I should have mentioned that too :laugh:

I did alot of training with him years ago when i had more time. I don't let him run up to dogs but i want him to meet other dogs, so i will let him talk on lead. I understand the risk of running up to large dogs so i am careful. He is worse on leads, i realise that, but still off lead he is will run up.

He sits for dinner and when i want him to do stuff, but he does have a cheeky/naughty streak in him, he is a terrier remember lol

Leadership wise - i do have leadership, but i am doing another degree and 2 jobs so time is very minimal these days.

His general behaviour: nervous, anxious, has noise phobias and barks abit.. He is a lovely boy though but has his problems. He has a another dog (a sheltie) that he lives with. I did recently find out that he is starting to get night blindness. :laugh:

ALB:

I don't let him run up to dogs but i want him to meet other dogs,
He growls at larger dogs and runs straight up to them.
He is worse on leads, i realise that, but still off lead he is will run up.

So you don't let him run up to dogs but yet he growls and runs at larger dogs?? :laugh:

Why do you want him to meet large dogs when it encourages this behaviour and may end up getting him bitten?

I'd suggest you keep him on lead and away from larger dogs for his own safety unless you're prepared to seek professional help.

Edited by poodlefan