Wishes For My Pom Please

PomsNZ

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hes holding out, at times hell sit up and you think omg hes back, hes got that checky smile, the spark in his eyes, and other times you think oh no...

but at his worst, he is still better than the best at the vets.

he did a big poop today, started off as diahreah, then went normal, funny colour (orange) and i presume that is from the antibiotics etc they gave him.

he is still nil by mouth.

im hoping that the sign he evacuated his bowels is a huge good sign.

Have added a pic of him, taken yesterday after the naturapath left. he looks great!!! and at times he does.... he sleeps a lot, but does seem a lot happier.

still drinking himself, and NO MORE VOMITING which i know is a good sign. his gut may be working, i jsut want that kidney to kick in!!!

post-15811-1229747163_thumb.jpg

I suggest the orange is due to the breakdown of the blood from the bruising.

:confused: to you and him.

I suggest the orange is due to the breakdown of the blood from the bruising.

:confused: to you and him.

is that bad? or a good sign? Im jsut so confused. sometimes hes sitting there bright as a button.. others im worried.

hes hung in so far.

Hi PomsNZ, I have only just read your thread. I am so sorry to hear what your little guy has been going through. I have everything crossed for him. Just hang in there and keep doing the best you can. He knows you are there for him.

I don't know if the breakdown of blood is so much a good or a bad thing but simply a process he will have to go through. If in doubt, I'd give your vet a call. That will at least ease your mind. Nothing worse than sitting there, second-guessing.

Sending you tons of positive vibes and lots of cuddles for your little man.

All the best.

w2s

We have now posted our first minor questionaire on our website.

Its designed to collect info to help us try to see patterns in the issues dogs suffer with

We're asking for everyone who has had or who still has a sick dog to

give us a few minutes to answer the questions for us. You will need to re do it for each dog

and if its something that's happening now you are able to go back and update the info.

It comes up as a pop up or a link at the top under survey on the front page of our website.

www.mdba.net.au

Julie

we tried buccca on food today

hubby went and got lean venison, but it was frozen so he put it in micorwave.

bucca wasnt interested, so i said get some raw.

bucca wasnt interested, but when the other dogs came round his crate (in the lounge) he growled at them and had a few mouthfuls.

he had a wee sleep, and then i had a cuddle of him, he growled at the cat and looked like he was going to rush her, then i put him down, bryan picked him up to go outside to toilet, bucca jumped up our oustide steps to mark the counch, then walked to front door, marked my shoes.

Came over for cuddles, tail up, looking great, then went and got me a toy!!!!!

the nieghbours drove past and beeped thier horn and he rushed outside barking. his first bark since he got sick!!!

he is now resting but he is looking SO much better!!!

hes also got dark urine, not the very light colour he did have. i hope it means his kidneys have started to work.

he is getting a wee bit brighter each day. jsut a tiny bit, but when i look back to when he came home from vets, he was death warmed up, his ears are up most of the time now, hes eating a few morsels of venison, we are also going to get some chicken for hiim, (his favourite food)

hes still hanging on, and im pleased. each day we have with him is great, and from all the research ive done, if he survives over the bad bit, his chances are good.

his coat seems a bit better, hes not loosing it as bad, anyone who has a pom can understand how bad hes blown it, pretty much all undercoat is waiting to be taken off. Im not worried bout grooming until hes able to cope with it better, i do a tiny bit each night with him. Its likes hes lost his puppy coat again lol. but his coat is not longer dry and rough, its gone back to its harsh texture, not the sickly feel it did have, so the oils are getting through i presume.

At times i still think hes ging to make it, others i think hes slipping again, and wait to see how low he slips.

Just hoping against hope hes getting there. i dont care how long recovery takes.

Great news Poms. Is he still passing urine? If he is drinking and passing urine you know his kidneys are working. I am confident he will pull through. I know how I would feel if Sophie was very ill. I am thinking of you and your gorgeous little Bucca.