Wishes For My Pom Please

PomsNZ

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were thinking maybe he has a sore tum, so we boiled up some broth overnight, and gave him some of the liquid today, he did like it and dank a fair bit, even licked some of the solid waste.

A few hours later, he is prancing down the hallway to look for his *daddy*, walking round, with that tail wagging.

hes gone for a rest again, but im glad that his energy levels went up for a lil.

We were thinking maybe he has a sore tum, so we boiled up some broth overnight, and gave him some of the liquid today, he did like it and dank a fair bit, even licked some of the solid waste.

A few hours later, he is prancing down the hallway to look for his *daddy*, walking round, with that tail wagging.

hes gone for a rest again, but im glad that his energy levels went up for a lil.

Oh! the roller ocaster of hope and despair and hope !! My heartfelt wishes for you all and that Bucca recovers and is well and happy again.

its been 1 week now, and i keep reminding myself that hes made it this far......

and he seems a heckuva lot better than when he first got sick last week...

he even brought baa, (his fav toy of all time) to me to play and we had a gentle game. He chasd the cat out of the kitchen, barked at a lady calling out a name, and growled at the other dogs when they went near his food.

hes not eating, but we are syringing down the broth for him. he vomited this morn, but that have been becuase he drank too much

we are keeping him hydrated and hoping time will heal.

he seems jsut tired and depressed a lil today, he does have his good times and bad times, but today has been more positive then yesterday.

last night i thought he wasnt going to make it, and we considered calling the vet for the injection.

crossing fingers still!!!

Oh gosh Poms, have just read about your little man, sending loads of healing vibes to him, he certainly sounds like a fighter..

I almost didn't contuine reading when you posted you had brought him home to die abut i am pleased i did, and i hope he keeps improving what a heart breaking time it is for you and your family, but keep thinking that he has made it this far..

Edited by MissMolly

What rollercoaster!

Would you be allowed to have him on a drip at home?Or give him fluid subcutaneouslyevery 2nd day at the vets or something?

That would mean he could be hydrated without the fear of vomiting... and get his correct electrolytes.

I guess with reduced kidney function, it is hard to balance his electrolyte levels to suit his condition....

*fingers crossed for him*

:laugh:

we are giving him fluids every hour or two, and at least once during the night.

We keep doing the test to make sure he is hydrated, and he is getting ahoney salt mix, along with collidial silver.

we introduced broth this morning, and im thrilled to note that today alone

3 times he has brought his Baa (fav toy ever) up to me for play time

2 times pranced (pom gait is a prance, uses a bit of energy )

chased the cat out twice

climbed down and back up the steps at back door

urinated numerous times

his lethargic times he is watching us, he used to just sleep, not he is alert, but just resting 1/3 times

Pooh is no longer orange, but yellowy, still runny, but with darker brown firmer bits (normal poop) in it

i **think** hes going to make it.

Hes no longer moping about.

still refusing food, but is very interested and although i hate this, he is possesive over his food, even if he wont eat it to the other dogs.

his coat is looking better, his eyes are clearer.

he is starting to be himself again.

from last night when i thought he wouldnt make it, the change is remarkable.

we think hes got a tummy upset, and he wont eat,but the broth is giving him the get up and go he so desperatly needs.

Thank you cockerlover for suggesting, and helping me when i was down.

It is a rollercoaster ride, how knows, tomorow i might say i dont think he will make it.