50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

So many of us have these beautiful lenses now, I know I was largely influenced by the brilliant photographs I've seen here. some of you should get a commission from the camera shops I reckon.

anyway how about us newbies posting some of our pics here in one thread.

These were all taken the day I got it. Oh yeah, I haven't even shot in RAW as yet, suppose I should start someday, for some reason I am a bit intimidated, I dont know what to expect.

IMG_1906cs.jpg

IMG_1894cs.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, great photos!!!!

I have been learning to use my OH's camera for the past week. Before that I had never taken it off 'auto'!!!!!!! I made it my holiday goal to learn how to use the camera properly!

Anyway, I just so happened to whip out his 50mm lens this morning... Of course my subjects are always the dogs!

3116149411_215016104f.jpg

3116976614_c9c4306e6d.jpg

Edited by TerraNik

Awesome shots! I especially like the first. Love yours too, Terra.

I've been feeling completely uninspired lately, everything I take seems really boring or simply bad. There's so much to learn too, it's really overwhelming!

I took this about 2 hours ago :thumbsup: I had it at about f5 ISO 200 and shutter of 1200(ish) the focal point is a bit off but i just love the timing of this one.

clyde-air.jpg

WOW!!!!! :thumbsup: i love that shot...

well done! WOW!!! i think my eyes have popped out of my head more then the dog WOW!

that really is a great shot i love photos like that!

That's cool, I never thought of it as an action lens!

its cool for action cause its fast, sharp and its AF is really fast too. be greater if it was a zoom tho :thumbsup:

I'll try it out, cheers! Just need a helper to throw the ball. I'm too unco to throw the ball and photograph :thumbsup:

wow, what a versatile lens! love the action shot but the arty ones are just a good and Ruthless yes post them, I just hoped everyone would post all the different pics this lens can take. I think those ones of yours are the kind that influenced me to buy this lens.

see here my Puck, I think even had yours in mind when I took this.

3073270947_fb7ec0c9e4.jpg

3118470005_e832084f61_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

I'm just pricing the 1:8 right now......I'm in SA so got to do the ring around thing through the yellow pages I guess Hardly Normans the place to start hey!.......hubby was going to get me a 1:4 in Singapore but prices were dearer than on ebay.......cranky, cranky I was..........

I would never have known about this lens if not for DOL........I always check the photography section first on DOL and then all the other posts after........I'm loving it!!!!!!!

I would never have known about this lens if not for DOL........I always check the photography section first on DOL and then all the other posts after........I'm loving it!!!!!!!

Yep, same here.

I think when I was pricing them HN offered it for $134?? I might have written it in a post. I will check for you.

found it, $136 was the best. maybe you can use that as a bargaining point. good luck

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=153041

Edited by Kirislin

Here's some more of my crazy boy Puck and his bro Tag

It was all happening pretty fast so not the best focus, but they show his fun personality.

3118470013_0c85f8089a_b.jpg

3119346738_1f94549220_b.jpg

well if you wont chase me I'm gonna dig this hole, I dare you to take it off me!

3119346734_9ee6a5f7d6_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin