50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys, I am absolutly loving this thread, all the pics are so fabulous, it is amazing how versatile this little lense really is. My favorite one so far would have to be post No 8 Chloes dad what a brilliant shot, I just got my 50mm today so I am going to post a few from my first lot of pics today, I think it will take a while to get the hang of it, but am very pleased so far!!

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Hope that wasnt too many pics, dont want to bore you all silly!! I cant wait to have a better play with it, and looking forward to seeing more pics form everyone else.

Ps, as I reviewed the post I noticed in pic numbers 4 & 6 I can actually see myself in Bronson and Lacys eyes taking the photo!!

Beautiful photos everyone! :D

I didn't have any new photos so I decided to take some now, past 10 at night, poor Ringo, I need another dog..... :) When he sees the camera he sits and look bored, " O no, here we go again....." :)

OK, this is my first attempt at using Flick....... hope it works.

3120552082_811ef72b8c.jpg

3120554604_394cb8d02b.jpg

3120547642_0c9ea3e1bb.jpg

3119722143_504e11b55d.jpg

One of my first ones.

3109109491_fcacc569d2.jpg

Edit to put more photos in.... :)

Edited by Tokkie

Great photos! Poor little Ringo being woken up to have a photoshoot. You're lucky he doesn't insist on at least $10,000 before he gets out of bed.

He does look a little sleepy doesn't he, :laugh:, as a reward, I'm taking him to a nice park for a long walk.

tlc, I love the first photo, I am glad you got your lens.

Disorder, my daughter is in love with Snot. :)

Thanks for beginning this topic Kirislin, this is great! :confused:

How do you get the black border around your pics, I like it.

If you have PS, try this. Select the photo, go to Edit, Stroke and then pick a colour for the border and width. I usually put 10 or 15 in and click and there is your border.

Rugerfly - I shall plonk my parrot in the tree later today and take a shot. He was disappointed to find the tree is not real after trying to preen a leaf. He does like the lights on it at night though.

This really is a lovely portrait of Ringo.

Oh, meant to say Ripley, I dont have PS and I couldn't work out where Ruger said to use create in Flickr either.

Thanks Kirislin, I just tried it:

In Flickr, click on photo, click edit (top), click create (left), click frames (top).

3121791236_7180dcb5e0_m.jpg

Edited by Tokkie

I don't have the 50mm 1.4 or 1.8 ATM

I am saving up for one or the other, but still torn between the 2. Most of my shots will be at F5 or higher for greater depth of field, but the odd few will be at the better f/stop, so do I go for more and get the 1.4?

If I see a 2nd hand one I think I'll go for it, but until then, standard lens all the way!

Great shots though, some real art from DOLers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_50mm_lens I was just reading a bit about them here, I didn't realise they were like a series of lenses. Would you guys recommend the 1.4 or 1.8?

ETA: Really sorry to hijack the thread guys! :confused:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=153041

and

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=153707

:)

Thanks very much :laugh: Spose I should've thought of that...

Hi Guys, I am absolutly loving this thread, all the pics are so fabulous, it is amazing how versatile this little lense really is. My favorite one so far would have to be post No 8 Chloes dad what a brilliant shot, I just got my 50mm today so I am going to post a few from my first lot of pics today, I think it will take a while to get the hang of it, but am very pleased so far!!

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

I really like these ones, they're quite expressive or something.

ETA: After reading I think I'll go for the 1.4. Thanks very much all, I'll butt out now!

Edited by iltby

How do you get the black border around your pics, I like it.

If you have PS, try this. Select the photo, go to Edit, Stroke and then pick a colour for the border and width. I usually put 10 or 15 in and click and there is your border.

Rugerfly - I shall plonk my parrot in the tree later today and take a shot. He was disappointed to find the tree is not real after trying to preen a leaf. He does like the lights on it at night though.

Cool, hopefully he is happy enough to stay there :confused: