Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow your pics are so professional Becandcharch, put me to shame :laugh:

Yeh that's my little Blue, she is adorable, she is 6 months & her ears are still sticking up in the air, so strange, people think she is a French Bulldog!! And she has one green eye & one brown eye.

post-32361-1259895836_thumb.jpg

post-32361-1259895882_thumb.jpg

Now that I know what lens you're taking your amazing pictures with bec, that might have to go on the top of my new lens list for early next year. I'm still working with the kit lenses and have had heaps of trouble deciding what to get first... until now that is.

Mine is just the 1.8. BEST $150 I ever spent!

I barely take it off my camera.. That is until im lucky enough to get the 100mm 2.8. I have decided thats my next one!

Now that I know what lens you're taking your amazing pictures with bec, that might have to go on the top of my new lens list for early next year. I'm still working with the kit lenses and have had heaps of trouble deciding what to get first... until now that is.

I barely take it off my camera.. That is until im lucky enough to get the 100mm 2.8. I have decided thats my next one!

$150? are you serious????? OMG, I've been thinking I need to put hundreds aside for new lenses!!!

Nope!! The 1.4 is quite a bit more. The others in here will tell you for sure but I think it might be about $600ish.

Why are you still sitting there?? Go get one now woman!

edited to add that most other lenses are in the hundreds unfortunately

Edited by becandcharch

$150? are you serious????? OMG, I've been thinking I need to put hundreds aside for new lenses!!!

check here, although you still have to add postage and insurance onto that.

https://www.camerasdirect.com.au/index.php/....8-ii-lens.html

I second this, barely comes off my camera too :whee: Got mine for $130 at JB Hi-Fi, bargained it down :laugh:

100mm 2.8 is also on top of my list, followed by possibly the 70-200mm :)

EFS

Edited by Bellatrix

I was thinking I'd buy instore for that sort of price Kirislin. The reason I'm thinking now instead of waiting for Xmas sales is because this weekend I'm spending a few hours each day taking the final photos for a calendar that has photos of Justice, my best friend's dog and her sister's dogs. It would be great to have a super new lens to use. :laugh:

Could you borrow someone's for this weekend? It might be worth waiting...

I took this about 2 hours ago :p I had it at about f5 ISO 200 and shutter of 1200(ish) the focal point is a bit off but i just love the timing of this one.

clyde-air.jpg

Awesome is it possible for us to use this for our big fat book of dogs ?

OK - well I just took the oldest (and slowest) to the beach (leaving the younger whining girls at home :rofl: )

2-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

not real great, but I usually use the zoom and keep a distance - with this lens I have to be closer and get showered in sand - I find it quite unnerving having a zooming grey heading towards me at full speed and staying in the kneel position!

and this is the look I got when we got home :p

ff.jpg

And the second one here ?

OK well here's my first "play" with the 1.8

Was hoping for some afternoon sun coming through the front windows, but alas it never arrived as I hoped it would!

I don't have any fancy software, so these are pretty much straight from the camera.

IMG_9528.jpg

and please don't ask what this is all about - I just saw the remnants of last night's wine bottle and stood it on the container of dog food and pointed towards the outside door to the deck!

IMG_9550.jpg

Must say I'm very impressed how it blurs the mess in the kitchen so noone can see it :rofl:

Oh and this is foster Amber (don't ask why she's tied up :laugh: )

IMG_9548.jpg

I love the indoor shots without a flash :p

the bottom one here ?

Wow your pics are so professional Becandcharch, put me to shame :p

Yeh that's my little Blue, she is adorable, she is 6 months & her ears are still sticking up in the air, so strange, people think she is a French Bulldog!! And she has one green eye & one brown eye.

And the second one here ?