50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

lovely Bec.. loving your processing.

My 50mm 1.4 arrived yesterday - along with my 7D!! :whee: Downside is that I have been so flat out working that I haven't had it out yet (except for taking a photo of the margarine...) tomorrow = happy ange.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woo hoo! Nice work ladies.

I haven't posted here for a while either. Last weekend I was asked to shoot the coolest kids party ever. Daneve (who organised and styled the whole thing) is the talent behind Ah Tissue, so lots of my images will end up getting used for advertising and promotion. There were some super cool details, here are some with the 50mm:

5792737529_b6370ea8a9_z.jpg

5792737655_e8a93bb5bc_z.jpg

The kids had jungle hats and binoculars:

5792737805_6f8c421f93_z.jpg

5792737911_9f941c0064_z.jpg

5792738031_9740bdd30a_z.jpg

Ange - where did you buy your lens from? I think I've decided on a 50mm 1.4 AF-S - possibly from DWI :) Now I just have to wait to get it in a few more weeks! Its gonna kill me! lol Esp knowing I'm going with my sister tomorrow to pick up a new puppy for her, and that Í'll have to rely on my current lenses! lol. Hmmm....maybe thats a legitimite reason to buy it next week....after all - he's not gonna be a pup for much longer..... ;)

Hell yeah Lola! Ooh baby berners on a beanbag... :laugh:

Enjoy Ange! I barely take it off my camera.

Shell who is that in the first pic?! :love:

Huga that was such an awesome idea for a party. Love the detail and the trouble she went to! The shots look awesome :)

That's my friend's gorgeous samoyed puppy, Yuki :) She was very sick so I took some photos of her for them. She doesn't look it in that picture though and she's feeling a lot better now :D

I should go and get some new shots of her really!

Nice Shell!! I love the puppy shot.. Katie I LOVE those pics.. they are just so fun!! I wish I got to go to parties like that as a kid!

LML - I ended up buying from CamerasDirect, although a bit more expensive than DWI. I have bought multiple lenses and other things from DWI and never had a problem. Go for it. You will love the lens!!

So tomorrow arrived.. but it delivered some nasty weather.. yuk. Anyway I put my beanie on and headed out with Max. Ruby HATES having her pic taken but Max has learnt that camera = food. Ruby just hates being told to sit still. So here is Max.

Sad it's winter much?

5795871446_a4495437ce.jpg

Winter is here by Angela Solling, on Flickr

5795871254_9245ed64d0.jpg

gateway peeper by Angela Solling, on Flickr

5795311719_edab6dbdb7.jpg

new camera.. first pic... first love. by Angela Solling, on Flickr

Thanks so much ange!! :) hmmmm me thinks I will have to buy it soon! Best thing is quick delivery!! :) I took a couple of pics of the new pup today, although not with a 50mm lens - but if you would like to see them anyways I can post them tomorrow. He is so cute, looks just like my Lani when she was a pup!! :)

Lovely photos too ange :)

Well I've done it! I've just ordered my 50mm AF-S Nikkor f1.4 !!! Expect delivery in 2-3 days, bought it from eglobal!! So exciting!!!! Bit scary spending that much money on a lens, but going by all your pictures its going to be a worthwhile investment!! :)

So hopefully this time next week I will be posting in here too :)

I love how your photos have that straight out of an olden movie Huga with the B&Ws - your PP style is becoming very recognizable.

I always love your pics Kirislin!

FM - that's just a little bit cute!!

Thanks :o I keep trying to move in a different direction with colour, but I can't seem to find something I like.

I have a feeling I'm going to look back on my processing and get extremely embarrassed, I think it will end up like spot colouring, sepia etc :o I get so envious of people that can process beautifully.

Nice CC.. I love that second and third shot.

Huga, I doubt you will look back on your processing and compare it to spot colouring or sepia.. Your processing is very individual (If that makes sense?). It's not what everyone is trying to create and copy and results in that style being done to death. I'm trying to move towards a more 'cleaner' processing with my PP. Work in progress... I only have to look at photos I was taking a few months ago to get the heebies. :laugh:

Thank you.

There is a lot of vintagey processing around at the moment though - some good, but lots bad. I'm very wary of falling into that trap.

CC - that second shot is magic. Well done.

ETA And everyone does OTT processing when the first start out. Everyone. Seriosuly. My old stuff makes me cringe.

Edited by huga