50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're great Jimmay, especially for having no editing done on them!

I cracked the 1.4 out today to take some shots of Rysup's new little man, Hamish :)

5844388655_675e74cf29.jpg

5844445815_df09041eca_z.jpg

the top pic is almost a perfect circle of fluff! :laugh:

Ange I think your photo of Oliver is beautiful, couldn't be better.

Have been playing with my camera this morning. Here are a couple - I was very happy with the first pic especially :)

Looks like the practice is working :thumbsup:

Help!!!

People keep telling me to focus on the eyes as they are

the windows to the sole... What am I doing wrong???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LML - your practice is definately paying off.. looking tons better already!

thanks for the nice words on the photo.. I had more from the set which had the lovely blue sky in it and I was bummed when it had been blown out - but like you said Huga if I'm going to backlight it will blow out. Thanks for the link - some lovely images in there!!

Sadly, no, still no lens :( . It is here waiting for me, but I couldn't get it on Tuesday and then yesterday I had to go have a root canal :eek: . Will go collect it today... hopefully it will cheer me up a little as my mouth feels like sh**.

Well, I have my new lens and I've had a practice and it's safe to say that it might be a while before you see any photos here :( . I'm TERRIBLE at using it :laugh:

Please post your pics, no one will laugh at you here and you might get some good advice from someone who's had the exact same problem.

You might be better off trying a side on view of those greyhounds with their long noses otherwise you might struggle to get what you want in focus.

Gapvic! I thought mine were terrible too, I was so disappointed in myself that I found it hard to use and couldn't get anything decent, but I posted a few and some ppl gave me a few tips, and I still try and practice then I post some more and thankfully they r getting better....slowly! Lol

Please post them so everyone can help! :) good luck and happy practicing! :)

This one was taken today with the nifty fifty for the 52 weeks for dogs challenge

5862736337_f58d4fb3ec.jpg

I love it, I took some very similar ones of Puck and Penny a while back, but I dont know how to edit them like you.

Justice is nearly as cute as Puck :laugh:

Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I'll pop some of the "better" pics up here when I get to work. I'm finding it a bit tricky as I'm trying to not resort to the auto settings (trying to actually learn how to use my camera!) so that, combined with new lens, equals pretty terrible photos :laugh: .

I'm sorry to ask this (I'm sure it has already been asked a billion times before :o ) but can someone tell me how to post the photos into the thread, rather than just uploading thumbnails? Ta!