50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think my 50mm is on the way out, for the 2nd time!!!!!! :(:mad I had it fail just after the warranty expired but after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing of emails Canon agreed to fix it "as a gesture of goodwill". I've now had it just over 3 years and it's started freezing up on me, and then being rather noisy as it grates back and forth trying to focus. I'm so disappointed. I wont be sending it in for repair, if and when if finally goes completely kaput. I'll be looking for another brand to replace it with. :cry: Just had to have a little vent.

That sucks Linda! Do you have the f1.4?

yep. :( It cost me almost $600 cause I bought it from a camera shop, not online. I didn't know about online shopping back then, and I didn't know of the bad rep Canon 50mm 1.4 has with auto focus failure. I love the lens but I wont replace it with another Canon, I might get a Sigam though. This lens will still work with manual focus and the auto hasn't given up yet, it just sounds like it's going to soon.

• 6 months later...

Because I work as a graphic designer for a plants company, I'm pretty lucky to get to photograph new varieties.

These are a couple of our new hellebores.

7755832082_7d9cf7e6d3.jpg

7755831670_877c462568.jpg

7755831862_1ee335936f.jpg

Edited by Naomi

• 2 weeks later...