50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we did passionfruit cupcakes for our corporate Xmas pressies this year. I took this shot before they all went off. this was on the dining table with the light coming through the window. for stuff like this it is a great little lens.

cupcakes.jpg

Agghhhhh!!! Stop teasing me :noidea: .

You have no idea how begrudgingly I let Ben & Chloe have one of these. I said no at first (since I had already had one & decided they were too good to share) but then felt really guilty & Chloe reminded me that she was told they were to share :laugh: . They were SO delicious & I loved the little surprise but in the middle.

Beautiful shot. Got any more :scold:

Edited by Vickie

Agghhhhh!!! Stop teasing me :noidea: .

You have no idea how begrudgingly I let Ben & Chloe have one of these. I said no at first (since I had already had one & decided they were too good to share) but then felt really guilty & Chloe reminded me that she was told they were to share :laugh: . They were SO delicious & I loved the little surprise but in the middle.

Beautiful shot. Got any more :)

yes i do :scold: and i need help before they go stale. we are going to mac centre for a movie this arvo ill drop a couple off :) about 5ish ok with u?

I was wondering why my colours were so ummmmmmmm vivid. Thats because I left the settings colour settings on 'vivid' in the program menu :D I dont like this one cos the sun was rising and half of ruger was in the shadow, so had to fool around with lighting too much.

3119501468_36538c36eb.jpg

Edited by rugerfly

I've spent a while learning about the dynamics of my camera, but don't know much about lenses yet. What's this one you're all using/talking about? :D So far I've just been using a 18-55mm standard zoom lens and 58mm macro lens.

ETA: I really like that shot of Ruger actually.

Edited by iltby

I am a beginner too Iltby and I kept seeing these amazing photos where the subject is so sharp it could cut but the background was beautifully out of focus, I've since learned the word is "bokeh" :D . I've always loved the look of a shallow depth of field so they really appeal to me. then the ones in the know here started saying it was this lens and with not too much agonising over it I just had to go get one. I've got alot to learn, and today I have been going back to my kit lenses to force myself to not just play with my new 50mm but I have to say I am thrilled with it and so glad I got it.

Edited by Kirislin

I love depth of field, too, it really adds something extra to photos. Thanks for telling me a bit about the lens, I'll definitely look into it :)

Here's a few shots I just took if they're okay to post :D -

IMG_1527copy2.jpg

IMG_15182.jpg

IMG_15112.jpg

IMG_15482.jpg

And one from last week that I really liked-

IMG_14252.jpg

Edited by iltby

My parrot, taken inside, near a window so natural light. This was the first day I got the lens early this year.

This was just a test shot but it's a pretty fast lens. Might plonk him in the Christmas tree tonight and see how that looks. :D

Canon 50mm 1.8.

3120090806_ea416cc585.jpg

Edited by Ripley