50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

C'mon c'mon, more pics!!!!

It's been sunny and hot here most of the day but it's clouding over now so I just went out on my newly mowed lawn ( a rare occurence here) and took some pics of my handsome male models. I like it when there's no shadows.

First up is Tag "get my good side mum"

3126900739_95d4036a02_b.jpg

and my darling Puck "sigh, when's dinner"

3126900747_7775fc0fb9_b.jpg

lovely!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jess and I would like to get a Canon DSLR 40D or 400D/450D. We are saving now. We just love the pics taken using the lens mentioned in this thread

I love my 450d - though i would've liked to have got the 40d. I might wait a few years and then when i've had a chance to do a couple of courses, treat myself to a new camera...

First though i have to get some better lenses!

You guys are doing great. It is hard at first to work out what you are actually focusing on if you are using a lower f stop number isnt it. Depends on yoru focusing system etc, I think I have 21 points or something like that.

If your on auto settings, are you using spot, metering or matrix?

I dont even know what spot, metering or matrix is..... :) I have my auto focus area set on single area, I have 3 options single area, dynamic area and auto. For my close ups I use the single area and for scenery or far away shots I use dynamic area. Your right say if you are using f 1.8 and you are shooting the dogs face you either have to focus on the eyes or the nose cause if you are close you cant get the whole face clear and in focus. It does take a bit of practice, I am itching to get another chance to use mine, been busy with work the last few days. Loving this thread but I am very critical of my pics, I just look at everyone elses and think they are so so so much better!! I guess I just have to keep practising!!

You guys are doing great. It is hard at first to work out what you are actually focusing on if you are using a lower f stop number isnt it. Depends on yoru focusing system etc, I think I have 21 points or something like that.

If your on auto settings, are you using spot, metering or matrix?

I'll go back and put the shooting info on the photos. I am not shooting RAW yet, I really must figure it out soon. I am not in Auto though, haven't used it for months. mostly AV

Love the photos Tess :) Hows that new 50D giving it a hiding yet?

TLC I cant use 1.8 my dogs have too long a nose for that :)

Try having a COLLIE :rofl:

yep 50D is GOOD, hehe.

You shamed me into it ... here are a few from today with my 50 1.4, all shot at 1.4. There are others with other apertures on my blog (linky's in my sig)

1 - Dora with her new football

MG_9203.jpg

2 - Til biding her time so she can get the ball

MG_9202.jpg

3 - Til beginning destruction

MG_9215.jpg

4 - Dora pleading for me to save the new toy

MG_9199.jpg

kja: I personally love your post production ... great shots! I especially love Dora's pleading eyes :(

itlby: a macro lens too ... you lucky duck :laugh:

I got a 1.8 :) and a polarising filter (which I haven't gotten around to using yet) ...

Unfortunately, I rolled and twisted my ankle a minute before Christmas dinner was being laid out, which sucks big time - I keep wanting to go out and take pics of anything and everything, but can't :laugh:

Anyway, here's a couple that I got with the 1.8 before my silly accident:

Picture598.jpg

My mum's dog Bonnie intent on her Christmas present :(

Picture921.jpg

as per usual I did take heaps more at the time but these 2 are the best :laugh: ... post-production using picasa ... and it's photobucket uploaded 'cause I've forgotten my flickr password

I am very lucky :)

Really sorry to hear about your ankle CM, is it feeling any better now? I love the second shot, the captured expression is great :(

I took a couple just now with my 1.4. It's great, though very hot outside so the dogs weren't very co-operative-

IMG_16062.jpg

IMG_16022.jpg