50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

Awww, look at these guys! Too beautiful all of them - and I thought *I* had the most beautiful doggies...turns out we ALL do!

Thanks, Clicking...it's great to get feedback on what you like! I love playing around and as the colour versions don't add a thing, imho, I've been wandering around in Split Toning World :)

Here's a couple more...not at 1.4 but still with the 50mm 1.4 lens.

1 -

MG_9261.jpg

2 -

MG_9245.jpg

3 -

MG_9246.jpg

4 -

MG_9242.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, everyone has beautiful dogs!

ah split toning ... I have had a play around with that ... never brave enough to post any of the playings though, as yet ...

itlby: I was the one who was giving Bonnie her present and took one look at her and ran back to grab my camera to get that look ... :)

here's her pressie :)

Picture1009.jpg

and here's her happily satisfied :eek:

Picture1015.jpg

another one from yesterday ... Jamie passing-by Texas

Picture764.jpg

I did get some more shots this arvo, lying on the floor. My ankle is definitely sprained, swollen and bruised, not terribly painful but I was supposed to drive home tomorrow for back to work Sunday, it's my acceleration/brake foot so I'm not confident I'd be safe to drive yet :)

But, it does mean a longer rest ;)

Heres one i took last weekend of diesel after he fell in the fish pond!

50mm 1.8

shake.jpg

Love this shot, so cute!! I am loving this thread and check it daily for new pics, I havent had a chance to play with my 50mm much since I got it, I guess its the time of the year, Ill be glad once we are into the new year and all is quiet again!!

Everyones pics have been fantasic!!

Love the action shot!!

Hey KJA when I headed this thread I didn't mean only using 1.4 or 1.8, I just meant the lens. Just wanted to see what everyone could do with it.

Hehehe, I figured, but both lenses give pretty much similar results after you leave their maximum apertures so I thought it would be a good excuse for me to play wide open since usually I'm too lazy and set something that gives me more depth of field (read - more room for a wee focusing miss :)! )

This is probably a silly question, but is there any way I can check what lens I used by looking at the photo??

Not silly at all. Right click the photos and check under the Advanced settings tab. If the EXIF hasn't been stripped you should see all the info on the photo. If the EXIF has been stripped (it gets stripped when you use Save for Web in Photoshop, for example) then you'll be out of luck ;)

There are EXIF readers on the web that you can download, too. I haven't used any, too lazy to deal with it, but it sounds kinda cool. These will let you see what settings etc other people used on images posted on the web.

Thanks to Chloes Dad and Ashanali I tried out the lens on action shots and I'm pretty happy with how sharp they turned out :thumbsup:

what's the data on this one. I'm still trying to get some good action shots with it.

oh, forgot to say, it's really good!

Edited by Kirislin