Doggy Diets

kateshep

A fatless diet is very unbalanced and bad for a dog. The fat in a chicken wing is necessary and makes it balanced.

Sorry aatainc, I am confused here.

A good quality dry food such as Royal Canin supplies the correct amount of the omega 3 fats does it not? As compared to chicken wings which contain saturated fats in unknown quantities. How do you know the dog is getting the correct amount of the correct type of fat when you feed chicken wings?

Not meaning to nit pick :rofl: , but I cannot see the logic in that.

Edited by Pippa

the homemade diet I suggested is based on barf - just simplified for weight loss.

sorry aatainic - wasn't directed at you. More the idea of rice and pumpkin etc.

A good quality dry food such as Royal Canin supplies the correct amount of the omega 3 fats does it not? As compared to chicken wings which contain saturated fats in unknown quantities. How do you know the dog is getting the correct amount of the correct type of fat when you feed chicken wings?

There have been a number of interesting nutritional studies that show how much home diets can and do vary in protein/fat/carb etc.

I use and recommend Royal Canin - it has been a wonderful diet for our five dogs of various ages and activity levels.

:rofl:

Hi Kateshep,

The best form of excercise I've found is swimming. It's gentle for an older dog too (if it likes water!) If your four legged baby likes to play ball just go to the beach, lake, dam or wherever there is water! Throw the ball in and make Kelpie do the rest. :rofl:

My Belgian Shepherd wasn't keen on water so I'd throw the ball in close enough so that he cold get it without going right in. I threw it a little further each time until he just started to to in! :(

Give this a go :rofl:

As far as diet I would try one of the Light Variety dry foods such as Bonnie Light or Supercoat lite. Steer right away of large quantities of canned food. You never know whats in them :thumbsup: My guys have NEVER had canned food. :eek:

Midniara :(:(:(

PS. I hope you don't loose too many balls in the water :eek: See if you can get a hold of a ball attached to a rope ;)