Lucy

Sankari

I havent put this up yet, but there is no time like the present. My Lucy came to us at the age of 16 weeks. Was malnourished, a nervous wreck, riddled with worms and basically in a terrible state for her age. Through thick and thin, health issue after health issue, we did everything we could for Lucy. She had the best life she could have had.

She got hip dysplasia and arthritis in several joints at the age of about 10 months. She was on medication her whole life. Many she had adverse reactions to, but we still tried our best for her.

Lucy had a very bad episode of pancreatitis this year and then she continued to drop weight extremely rapidly, and nothing we did could keep it on her. I knew it must have been something very serious.

We had blood tests done which came back ok, we then went for an ultrasound which showed enlarged lymph nodes. Our options were to get biopsies which was done and eventually the results were back and we eventually got a diagnosis of very advanced Lymphoma. We did the right thing and gave her her wings. Lucy will always be remembered and always be in my heart. You may not physically be with me anymore, but i know you're looking down on me. Lucy was in alot of pain and the Lymphoma had spread to several organs and we knew it was time to let her go. We were told the cancer would have been there only a short time but unfortunately she was one of those unlucky dogs that had the most aggressive form.

19 December 2002 - 6 November 2008.

Always thinking of you Lucy, would have been your 6th Birthday on Friday :thumbsup:

This is Lucy the day we got her at 16 weeks.

post-21332-1229782442_thumb.jpg

This is my favourite photo of Lucy.

post-21332-1229782400_thumb.jpg

And lastly the very last photo taken of my girl

post-21332-1229783009_thumb.jpg

Lucy was my special girl. She was my very first dog i got at 15.5 yrs old. She was an angel. She may have always dug holes her whole life with us, and buried my mums best towels deep down into the dirt which were missing for over 6 months, but she was a good girl most of the time. Didn't take too well to new people and was always scared of people at first. I will never have another dog like Lucy. Lucy was my heart dog.

It is just over 6 weeks since Lucy left us.

So sorry for your loss LC.

It is hard when they have to go before their time but it sounds like she had a marvellous life with you and knew she was well loved.

6 Nov was my Angs' birthday so she would have had a birthday party to go to at the Bridge - cake, squeaky toys and lots of others to look out for her.

Hugs

Thanks everyone. She really was a sweetheart. I will never forget her. She was a rather different Golden Retriever, she hated water and puddles would do her absolute best to avoid them in fact.

Our Lucy had the best home she could, and i know she was thankful to that. She may have been a sick dog and battled endless health issues which sent me broke, but i loved her so much. I occassionally have broken down a bit in the last month but I think time is starting to help me.

Danois: Lucy LOVED cake! Well when she was allowed to have it when she was younger and didnt have pancreatitis episodes and wasnt diabetic. Lucy has lots of friends to keep her company i am sure. Cloudy our Golden we rescued last year went to rainbow bridge 7 weeks after we got her. She was 7yrs old and had ruptured a disc in her spine which caused paralysis of her back legs and she was incontinent. We let her go July 5 2007. In the 7 weeks we had her, she looked out for Lucy. She is pictured in my avatar.

LucyCharzie I have only just read your thread about Lucy - sorry , I was so carried away with my 12 month anniversary of losing my Goldie, Willow. I do hope you are comforted knowing that you did everything you could for your girl. And putting her to sleep, hard as it was, was the kindest thing to do.

I laughed when I read how naughty Lucy could be with the towels and stuff. Willow was notorious for extracting socks and undies from the laundry basket, taking them outside, tearing them into small bits and swallowing and then pooing them out some time later, which was usually when I realised they were missing! She would always be terribly apologetic when her crimes were discovered. But how I loved her.

You did the right thing by your Lucy and she is free from pain now.

Thanks. Lucy was so funny when she was naughty and it she was so sorry when we discovered the towels.

Lucy was quite funny when she didnt get her way she would face the wall and sigh it was funny to see, would hear her sighing for ages :laugh:

Yes, I am comforted in knowing we did everything for her and she is now at peace pain free.

• 2 months later...

It has been 4.5 months since my Lucy left this huge hole in my heart. Not a day goes by i dont miss her terribly. Today is just one of those days that everything is just so much and I am having a real breakdown day. I have been crying on and off just missing her so much. Why is it so hard :laugh:

It has been 4.5 months since my Lucy left this huge hole in my heart. Not a day goes by i dont miss her terribly. Today is just one of those days that everything is just so much and I am having a real breakdown day. I have been crying on and off just missing her so much. Why is it so hard ;)

So sorry for your loss of your beloved Lucy :mad :mad Some days are just worse than others and on those day, the grief can really get to you and just be overwhelming :mad and all you want to do is curl up and cry your heart out :clap: as you miss them so much. It is hard because you love them so much, you miss them so much, you want them back with you so much :clap: To me it is a normal part of the grieving process and it is early days for you, so I feel for you and give you lots of :laugh::):rofl: :rofl: Only time will make the pain bearable, but you will never stop loving your Lucy and her memories will be with you forever :eek: