Worms / Maggots Found In Lenards Chicken

Jessca

just thought id let yous all know that i found either worms or maggots(not quite sure which) in lenards human grade/quality chicken frames.

the main concern i have with this is that all of their food is kept together in the one fridge, which means that all there food could possibly be contaminated.

this was at the Lenards in Fountain Gate / Westfield Shopping Centre.

I second that..contact the health dept:

Contact information

Department of Human Services

Public Health Branch

Food Safety and Regulatory Activities Unit

Address: GPO Box 4057

Melbourne 3001

Phone: 1300 364 352

Email: [email protected]

cheers

H

thanks for the details. i'll do exactly that.

i was thinking about email today tonight, but the health department is a much better plan.

Guest belgian.blue

I used to live off leonards but very wary of them these days .. Ivy wouldn't touch their chicken mince at all. So I went with her and rarely eat from there. Unless I'm at my parents for dinner and mum buys it .. then I cook it :thumbsup:

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each Lennards outlet has its own way of dealing with the stuff that becomes pet food. Sure, they may have some guidlines or even rules, but there's no enforcement. So don't bag ALL Lennards for what happened in one outlet.

And disgusting as it seems, it's not very serious. My dogs love catching and eating flies. They like food with maggots in it. Fly eggs aren't quite as nice, but they're happy eating them.

Yes . . . I have Labbies . . . who are known indiscriminate eaters. But can you point me to one case of a dog that was harmed by eating maggots?????

My dogs won't eat the minced 'carcasses' from Lenards so I don't buy from there anyway - Ionica all the way and I mince the necks myself - but hell maggots are no where near as bad as half the stuff that goes into canned or dried foods ..................................... :happydance::hitself: