12 Months Today - Our Precious Willow

RIPWillow

We lost our beautiful Golden Retriever, Willow on Boxing Day 2007. She collapsed without warning and died at the emergency vet clinic four hours later, apparently from a ruptured renal artery. She was only six. She was a relentlessly cheerful, utterly charming, beautiful girl and everyone loved her to bits. We still do and we miss her terribly. Sleep peacefully, my precious girl. We will never forget you.

Piarki the Summer Willow - 16 July 2001 to 26 December 2007.

from your adoring Mum and family XXXXXX

Thank you, Clyde and baifra. And yes, my avatar is my girl - isn't she magnificent?! I wish I had known about Dogzonline when she died as I would have gone to the Rainbow Bridge forum straight away. I know it would have been a great comfort to have others understand the pain I had losing her, especially so young and unexpectedly. I am now a sort of regular on the DOL rescue page (mainly Das dogs in Canberra). And I feel I am honouring my Willow by volunteering one day a week at the DAS Canberra dog pound. Willow was not a pound dog herself (in fact her breeding and background were impeccable!) but she was such a great girl. There are so many dogs out there, without homes or love. I do it for my girl.

Thanks again, guys.

Willow was a beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss, I am sure she's looking over you from rainbow bridge and playing with my 2 Goldens in rainbow bridge Lucy and Cloudy.

What a fantasic way to honour Willow. I am a Volunteer at an animal shelter, and it's the best place i have ever worked out. Yeah it's not paid work but who cares at least i enjoy it. I have been there 11 months now.

Willow loves you and she knows she will always be in your heart.

Never is easy losing a dog suddenly of a young age.

Goldens are such lovely dogs. To me they are like angels from heaven.

Thanks LucyCharzie and I am sorry you lost your Lucy at such a young age too. And only recently it seems from the dates under her pic. Your grief must still be very raw.

Some old codger once said "The trouble with dogs is that they don't live long enough. It's their only fault really."

Hear hear!

And as for people who don't like or respect dogs, there is clearly something wrong with them! Those people are missing out on something wonderful.

yes we lost Lucy last month, she would have been 6 yrs old last week. Still miss her terribly, but i know i did what was best for her. She had an extremely aggressive Lymphoma which had spread to many organs in her body and she was about 15kg underweight which was rapidly going down. She was too sick to fight and treatment was no option for her as she was starting to have neurological symptoms on top of it in the last few days.