Handlers Basic Workshop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww look at my idiot sitting on my lap!

Great day Steve :)

I will definitely look into a prong for my cocker Darcy, he doesn't understand the concept of loose leash walking :laugh:

Was so happy to see Top did have some drive in him, now to control it!

Was a really great day- Thanks :thumbsup:

Learnt so much and had fun.Been using on my pack.

The dogs were all gorgeous too.

Watching Steve with all the dogs was great.An amazing difference in Rocko and Scout.

Love the photos

thanks guys :rofl: its always great to see people being able to understand the techniques and take it away for a better canine companion :rofl:

my 2 didnt know what hit them when i got home :) as always a bit of encouragment to get working them again does the trick! hopefully i can be more consistent/persistent this time

Rocko is a beautiful big boy (sorry my heart belongs to the boofers ;)) who i think is VERY lucky to have been found by you - its not very often people are willing to take a dog on with his size and problems without knowing what your going to do with him, and its great that you only had to endure his 'tendancies' for a few weeks before finding the solution! full credit to you for taking on the challenge :rofl:

Thx as always to Steve

i have some photos too but ran out of battery about halfway thru the arvo - ill get some up on my website hopefully in the next couple of days

Top day with amazing outcome!

One of the most interesting and valuable things I have done. Rocko had been so hard for me to handle outside of home as those of you there witnessed when he dragged me down the hill throwing a tantrum on his back over the chickens on the way for good measure :rofl::rofl:

Steve is brilliant, to see so many different dogs respond positively to him within minutes was lovely, real information, no hype/frills, practical help that worked instantly and still works when you leave! I went home with a different dog and Rocko with a much improved owner. ;)

Thankyou AkitaOwner for helping me when I arrived and Melissa too for your help during the day. :)

I called in to visit my son on the way home and Im sure he thought I had drugged Rocko as he was so well behaved :rofl:

Who was taking the photo's on the day? Id like to see them :)

How good was Rocko :rofl::rofl: I'll be looking out for you both on my walks down the beach

I cant think of a time when one of my workshops was so full of great dogs that were so well behaved all day.

Hey, what about past demonstration dogs?

K9: I cant think of a time when one of my workshops was so full of great dogs that were so well behaved all day. Meaning the whole workshop was FULL of great dogs. I have had the pleasure of having some great past demo dogs, Stamp is one of those.

I have had the pleasure of having some great past demo dogs, Stamp is one of those.

I was not fishing, just having fun.

Changing his behaviour- intermittent mouth problems has taught me more than I can say, to the benefit of all my dogs. Balancing training.

Your teaching of drives, and in my case changing them. Priceless.

Life's good.

LL: Changing his behaviour- intermittent mouth problems has taught me more than I can say, to the benefit of all my dogs. Balancing training.

Your teaching of drives, and in my case changing them. Priceless.

K9: Many thanks, Stamp is a great dog...

Guest PixieOfWrath
Had a great day here too - just LOVED seeing little JRT Finta working the tug :rolleyes:

Judging by her eyes when the big red tug was brought out she would have liked to give that monster a go! :eek:

BTW Jake is wondering where his little girlfriend has gone! ;)

JRTs.... the big dog in a little dog body!! She certainly lit up when she first saw it come out, she thought it was just for her!

Finta sends her regards to Jake as well as something else rude I cannot possibly pass on :p :laugh:

K9: Many thanks, Stamp is a great dog...

He has let me down on occasion, but that is AOK. I had two choices, wash him from trials or keep trying.

Since I have accepted his intermittent mouth problem, and I have not shown any nervousness at trials, he has been fine.

I did eventually reward with food BTW. Started back at basics, sitting in the lounge night after night.

Sorry to disrupt the thread.