The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

JAG - love the first water shot - brilliant
Thanks CM absolute fluke! I had never taken a moving water shot before and just played around with the buttons :( I finally got one right much to my OH's delight. He was getting a bit over splashing water :o

Well, after spending over an hour taking weather shots and fence posts and general stuff and then looking on here I decided to delete the lot ;) Then I read about the manual focus on macro (thanks iltby) and decided to give it a go. Didn't know you could do such a thing.... I have learnt more in the past 7 days on here then in the year I have owned my DSLR camera. Thank you everyone :noidea:

These are straight off the camera no PS work.

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

Edit for spelling again

Edited by JAG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving these, Guys! I'm getting some inspiration of things to look for on my trip, too :(
Kirislin those beach shots are terrific.

OK, I missed these! Anyone know which post they were in? I found some milkshakes for today, but no beach and I want to see!

I think she means yours :o

and Poocow, I dont like your spider!!!!! :noidea:

3/1/09

is that an orchid? what kind? I'm reading "The Orchid Thief" atm and I had to search for more pics online (specifically the ghost) to see what the obsession is all about, very interesting book - lucky I'm a black thumb or I might be tempted, saw the movie a few years ago "Adaptation" - it's quite different :(

It's a Phalaenopsis Orchid (Moth Orchid) and they are great as they flower for about 3 months, then you cut the stem down, and in a few more months another spike (should) develop. It's just a matter of finding the perfect position inside ... then you are set.

Good luck with your 708 pics! :noidea:

Awww the spider is only a huntsman!! they make good pets, they hide in the house & eat the moths & bugs!! Cute pic! They won't hurt you, but they will run very fast up your arm if you try & pick it up :)

Im getting confused about whose beach pic belongs to who they are all sooo good :laugh: :rolleyes:

Hey JAG go the hairy, brownpoo :o very cute!!.....

Im back to a cute poo too today, its hard to resist him........he is always there!!

DSC_0011-1.jpg

I really like this pic!.....he is telling me to play.....& I love the baby peg teeths! he has started losing them :laugh:

playing fetch in the hallway

3176791040_c75db153ac.jpg

I'm in love with everyone's dogs and the odd cat too :)

ash - your puppy made me literally laugh out loud

bindi-boo - I love your flowers pic!

ruffles - I agree with bindi, I wouldn't worry about the angle of the fence, it doesn't detract from the pic the way some crocked lines can :rolleyes: in fact, you could even angle it a little further so you're looking down the fence :o