The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P: we kill birds with stones and all that.

Take photos, then eat the subject matter :D

Was taken inside, no flash, just natural light.

No light tent. We HAVE a light tent, its one of those

things that spring open and then you can't close again :rolleyes:

(even after watching and rewatching the demo video).

Aperture f1.8, slightly desaturated, resized for web.

Welcome to the "new photographers" club!! You sound like me -- I took about 300 photos today in the space of about an hour! I take photos of anything and everything and I usually take a bucketload of photos from different angles. I am still learning, so it's all experimentation for me!!

Great photo!!!!!!

Yeah I just decided to go and have fun and see what I got, I uploaded a handful on FB as well.

500? that's about average for me and a trip to the beach :rolleyes: lovely superdog pic!

Yeah I didn't think it was that bad, OH took about 200 as well :D Superdog would thank you, but hes zonked out on the lounge, hes had a hard day!

Here is mine

Technically it is today as it was about 2 minutes past midnight at the fireworks off Newcastle .....

This was my first attempt at fireworks shots and many were terrible - this is still not a great fireworks shot but I was on the other side of the harbour to the fireworks - maybe 500m away and I didn't have a tripod so I was holding it still in my hands....

Camera: Nikon D90

Lense - 55-200mm VR

Not sure how to get the rest of the info etc

3155214005_363c1e2916_b.jpg

Edited by FionaC

Wow! Four pages already! I just got home so will have to have a look at all of the images properly tomorrow.

Here's two from me:

Underwater

IMG_7565-Edit.jpg

and Dora at the beach waiting for Tilly to charge her

IMG_1281.jpg

Guest Clover

Great photos everyone :thumbsup:.

Here is my effort, or lack of becuase of the lighting outside this evening :).

Nikon D40X

F f/5.6

Iso 400

1/200

70 - 300mm af Nikkor

post-2703-1230811877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clover

I thought the thread would keep going, but it might get a bit too large. Then again the photos page will be full of our posts if we did a new thread each day.

Maybe each thread can contain a weeks worth ?? So a new thread is started every week?

We are heading off to Sussex Inlet today. I'll have to post my photos when I get back. No doubt there will be one of a pelican. I alwasy come back with shots of Pelicans when I go to Sussex :thumbsup:

Edited by wagsalot

Kja, your watermark's great, did you design it all yourself?

Thanks :thumbsup: I had the logo portion created over at designoutpost.com and have since modified it after living with it for a while. I like it a lot now and think it works pretty well for both branches of my photography.

I made the watermark bar in photoshop using the logo and some text. It's now an action in Photoshop so I can batch a whole folder or do individual shots and I've made it a droplet in Lightroom so I can do the same all in one click without having to open photoshop myself at all.

Keep them in here. There are other photo threads that have hundreds of images (like the personal photos thread). I am sure Troy will let us know if/when we need to start a new thread. :thumbsup:

DAY 2 BEGINS...

who's first?