The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

I have some bunnies arriving today so i hope to get some good photos of them and the dogs together :thumbsup:

Edit:

Quite happy with this photo

Camera: Olympus E-520

Lens 50mm

ISO 100

f/3.9

Edited colours a little to make the reds less intense.

Sophie.jpg

Edited by AnimalMad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kja, your watermark's great, did you design it all yourself?

Thanks :thumbsup: I had the logo portion created over at designoutpost.com and have since modified it after living with it for a while. I like it a lot now and think it works pretty well for both branches of my photography.

I made the watermark bar in photoshop using the logo and some text. It's now an action in Photoshop so I can batch a whole folder or do individual shots and I've made it a droplet in Lightroom so I can do the same all in one click without having to open photoshop myself at all.

Oh nice :) I actually just made mine a brush and apply it to photos that way, but it's much more simple than yours.

My entry for today, just a quick shot of Top looking very unimpressed with Dad cleaning the pool.

(oh and that mark on his left leg is meant to be there - thats his "gnawing leg")

TopJan2.jpg

Camera: Canon 350D

Canon EF 75-300mm

f5.6 1/640s

ISO 400

Jan_02___Pink_Tongue_by_Ravyk.jpg

Peggie's Tongue

[slight photoshop manipulation. desaturated. selective colour left. slight gaussian blur.]

Make: SONY DSC-W1

Shutter Speed: 10/5000 second

F Number: F/5.6

Focal Length: 8 mm

ISO Speed: 100

Date Picture Taken: Jan 2, 2009, 11:25:39 AM

Ok this one I didnt take today but as I am working all day Im not going to get a good oppurtunity to take some shots, so I will put this one up of a lovely morning.

015.jpg

Taken on a Nikon D40x on the easy auto function, Im still learning

Edited by StaffordLove

This is probably my favourite from today so far-

IMG_17652.jpg

Scarlet was under the verandah out the back trying to dig a hole to lie in and this is the look she gave me when I told her to cut it out :o I'm happy with it, but I'd love to be able to remove that really bright strand of grass, or at least darken it, and I don't know how to :cry:

ETA: EXIF data-

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

ISO: 800

Shutter speed: 1/400

F number: 2.8

ETA 2: Had complete wrong ISO down :mad

Edited by iltby

Scarlet was under the verandah out the back trying to dig a hole to lie in and this is the look she gave me when I told her to cut it out :mad I'm happy with it, but I'd love to be able to remove that really bright strand of grass, or at least darken it, and I don't know how to :cry:

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

ISO: 200

if you have photoshop you can use the darkening brush to darken the grass or you could try the cloning brush to remove it

Scarlet was under the verandah out the back trying to dig a hole to lie in and this is the look she gave me when I told her to cut it out :o I'm happy with it, but I'd love to be able to remove that really bright strand of grass, or at least darken it, and I don't know how to :cry:

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

ISO: 200

if you have photoshop you can use the darkening brush to darken the grass or you could try the cloning brush to remove it

I'll give that a go, thanks :mad

My "January 1" photo that was actually taken first thing this morning cos when I went to do it yesterday the camera battery was flat.

The typical poses seen when waiting for an item to be thrown. Took several attempts as holding ball up and camera is not easy especially with Jazz every so often lunging forward ready to pounce.

Jan1.jpg

Lens: sigma 24 -135mm

ISO 400

1/1000

f/10

Edited by piper

January 2nd

I can't decide between these two

Daddy and Ewan

3158557648_4f5946f63a_b.jpg

or Angus the camera hog

3157733941_6e01cbfd1b.jpg

The expression on Ewan's face is absolutely priceless, you can't help but smile at it. I think that's my favourite of the two :cry: