Is There Any Alternative Treatments For Dogs With Lymphoma?

kizzybear

Hi I was just wondering if anybody knows of any alternative treatments for lymphoma to help keep my baby well for as long as possible. She has lymphoma which has a general life expectancy of 4-8 weeks from diagnosis and chemo is not an option due to age, health and cost. We have already spent over $5000 in the last month before she was diagnosed with this cancer, due to her splenic disease with a haematoma attached to her spleen. X-rays have shown it hasn't spread so far and I can't lose my angel so soon

I've not experienced Lymphoma, but when our Stewie had Osteosarcoma we had him on Robert McDowell's treatments, and I have no doubt these helped him maintain a better quality of life for longer than he would have experienced otherwise. Robert does have a Lymphoma mixture that might be worth a try - it certainly won't hurt your girl, and it may well give her better quality of life.

http://www.herbal-treatments.com/dog_lymph...er_support.html

Hugs to you, it's a hard road you are on and I sympathise strongly with you. :)

Hi I was just wondering if anybody knows of any alternative treatments for lymphoma to help keep my baby well for as long as possible. She has lymphoma which has a general life expectancy of 4-8 weeks from diagnosis and chemo is not an option due to age, health and cost. We have already spent over $5000 in the last month before she was diagnosed with this cancer, due to her splenic disease with a haematoma attached to her spleen. X-rays have shown it hasn't spread so far and I can't lose my angel so soon

It is very heartbreaking, i personally have gone through it with my golden retriever who was given maybe a week or two if we were lucky from diagnosis. Hers was extremely rapid and advanced that it had spread to many organs. We had Biopsies taken and the vet told me absolutely nothing would help her or give her any more time given how fast it had advanced. She was just under 6 yrs old we had her put to sleep not long after diagnosis, she was smiling on that day which she hadnt for weeks, so i think she knew we were doing the right thing by her. My advice is research and try and find something that may give you a little more time with your girl. We were very unfortunate not being able to have her longer, she was so special to me, and i still miss her very much. She left us November 6 2008. I had to do what was right by her, she was in a great deal of pain, and i couldnt bare to prolong her pain.

I say if your girl's Lymphoma hasnt caused any pain or hasnt spread yet, then go for it and keep her comfortable and happy until such a time you need to make a decision on what is best for her. I am sorry i am no help with alternatives, but definately go for it and good luck. Give a cuddle from me to your girl.