When Do You Feed Your Dogs?

KitKat

When do you feed your dogs?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When do you feed your dogs?

• Feed in the morning?
    • Feed at night?
    • Feed them at midday?
    • Let them help themselves thru the day?
    • 2 or more of the above?

I feed at night because I don't have time in the morning, especially when I have a few rescues about as well.

I don't like self feeding as I feel it makes life hard, your dog learns that it doesn't have to eat straight away which can be a problem when you take them to stay somewhere or you need to know exactly how much they are eating.

I feed in the morning, I buy fresh chicken in each day for my dogs so rather than it go off, morning is best. I also find that it gives them the day to digest, and they poop it out prior to bed. I also have a few dogs and by late afternoon it becomes a real chore so morning is best for many reasons.

Guest Sabrina

I give my dogs a bowl of dog biscuits in the morning (such a rush) and I feed them proper meat + dog food at night when I have more time. They always get a doggy chew bone for during the day :thumbsup:

I feed both dogs 2 times a day.

Same as Anne, I have 2 large dogs, and prefer to feed 2 small meals not 1 large meal.

5-00 am and 6 pm

The only thing I will change, is I feed a Chicken Carcass 30 mins before their evening meal, think I will start feeding with morning meal, so as more time to digest.

Ashley...

Guest scottiebear

I free feed Scottie but he does have 1 full meal at 3pm each day as when we add a little (3tbls.) of canned to his Nutro dog food. He also has 1 wellness treat a day and another all natural treat in the morning. So I guess he really eats more in the late day to early evening.

I feed twice a day for the same reason. Large dogs, smaller meals. Mine also get yoghurt for dessert at night. They get biscuits and sometime marrow bones during the day. I feed lean minced beef and dry food.

I don't like that picture either!

Like most of the other large breed people have said, I worry about bloat so split the food into 2 meals. (I feed morning and night) plus mealtime is one of their favorite times of the day, getting fed twice is 2 times the fun :angel:

i didnt vote in your poll because I feed whenever I get to it There isnt any routine to when I feed as such as it depends what else is going on here , the weather etc.

Adults get fed once per day and unless its old, pregnant or a pup nothing gets fed on Sunday.