Where To Buy Raw ?

laffi

Guest belgian.blue

Another eastern Perth one ..

A & D Pet Food Supplies

Elliott Road Midvale (off Farrell Road)

Open till 5pm mon-fri and to 12pm saturday.

Stock fresh roo, beef, chicken, lamb meat. Kill/pack the roo and lamb on premises.

Most are $2.85 p/kilo, plus selected bones.

Perth WA

Leonards Chicken, Livingstone Shopping Cente,

Sells chicken frames bag of 10 for $2.50 sometimes very meaty.

Minced frames are $1.50 KG plenty of meat but not always minced well, so possiably more risk of bone injury than with frames.

Butchers at Maddington Plaza sells frozen meat packs for a couple of dollars a Kg.

I find shopping in Coles or Woolies usually on a Wendesday afternoon that I can get marked down meat at a reasonable cost, usually close to date, but I just divide it up when I get home and freeze it, so date is not such an issue. These include hearts, liver, kidney, chicken wings and necks, meaty bones/meat offcuts.

Farmer Jacks's Maddington

Often has bags of Hamburger mince for under $5 a Kg.

Frozen bags of chicken pieces for around $3 to$4 a kg on special

Bendigo, Central Victoria.

Breen St Pet Supply

Great service here - they have always happily chopped things smaller for me if needed. You can find roo tail sections, roo chunks, big beef steaks, chicken necks, skinned rabbits and different preservative free minces.

Fresh Fish Shop, Bendigo Market Place

I buy large, meaty salmon heads here for 50 cents each.

The Meat Master, Kangaroo Flat Market Centre

Beef chuck bones, chicken hearts, ox heart, shanks, chicken livers, brains.

Not many other places (I'd love to hear from someone who lives in Bendigo and knows where more things are!), apart from a couple of local butchers and supermarkets that sell ox tongues, lamb hearts, ox hearts, lamb offcuts, goat, pig trotters and pork hocks.

I'd be very interested to hear where I could source sheep heads and goat meat in Bendigo or nearby.

south east Victoria

Umm

Klassy pets in North Ringwood sells frozen Dr billinghurst Barf patties 20$ for 12 ( ring before hand as they only have a small frezzer so dont always bring alot in but if they know you are coming they will )

pet stock in mitcham has a dif brand but were like Barf patties dont know the price

apperentlly there is a orgainc pet food place in lillydale that sells orgainc raw bones and frames if anyone know the name I would love to know

bucher in eastlands Ringwood sells Bones 1$ a bag and they will cut them up for you

lenards in eastlands - chook frames 1$ a bag about 4 to a bag also 2 kg pet mince 1$ ( very high bone content )

dont know the name but a shop on Mountain Hwy Baywater right before the train tracks sells raw pet meat ( is not human grade )

Edited by Falling_dawn

Canberra and surrounds

Longpark Meat Co

Paragon Mall, Gladstone St, Fyshwick

ph 02 6280 4338

Order on Friday for Saturday pickup by midday. Brett the butcher is lovely.

It cost me $34 for enough chicken wings, minced carcasses, lamb flaps, lamb necks and marrowbone for my 30kg dog for just over three weeks. He eats two 300g all-raw meals per day.

Cardawan Pet Supplies

116 Uriarra Rd, Queanbeyan

ph 02 6297 9154

This chap is a greyhound breeder and racer, I think?

I've got beef and roo mince from him before, dried roo tails, dried lamb necks as well as supplements for BARF ... he seems to be able to get just about anything you ask for. I can just never remember his opening hours :thumbsup:

In South Australia

Ani-Mall

76a Hogarth Road

Elizabeth South 8252 3830

Great prices, great meaty roo bones, great variety and it is only the beef that has any preservatives. I can often even get fresh rabbit here.. They also carry a wide range of dietary supplements ... my two dogs get great natural doggie treats from the owner every time we visit and load up the car.

It costs me about $40 to $50 a 2 to 3 weeks for my 2 shepherds and I feed all raw ...

Edited by angelbrook

I feed raw food BARF based diet and will only feed my dogs HUMAN GRADE meat as Pet Grade can contain parasites.

I would never use Burns Pet foods in Sydney as I have seen the diseased and unhealthy animals they use for their pet food - especially the horses. I have also done a tour of the killing floor and am amazed by the lack of hygiene there.

SYDNEY SUPPLIERS - I have found very good are.

MINCED CHICKEN FRAMES - Lenards Chicken Shops at $1.50 kg

BEEF MINCE & OFFAL - Devitts Meats - Narrabeen

I have "trained" my local Joe's Meat Butcher to supply me with all the meat & chicken I need to feed my diet.

They will now do a chunky beef mince with a slightly higher fat content (or lower if needed) and they will

also mince chicken frames for me for under $1 per kilo and also they will mince or chop any offal I need.

My butcher will also save Lamb Chine bones and beef Brisket and freeze them in portion size bags for me -

so I am always guaranteed to get the bones and meats I need from him.. For my bigger orders I simply

have to give him 2-3 days notice as to what I want and it is always there at a very reasonable price.

My advice is talk to your local butcher and explain your needs and they are usually very accommodating

and happy to supply whatever it is you need.

In South Australia

Ani-Mall

76a Hogarth Road

Elizabeth South 8252 3830

Great prices, great meaty roo bones, great variety and it is only the beef that has any preservatives. I can often even get fresh rabbit here.. They also carry a wide range of dietary supplements ... my two dogs get great natural doggie treats from the owner every time we visit and load up the car.

It costs me about $40 to $50 a 2 to 3 weeks for my 2 shepherds and I feed all raw ...

They sound great, I'll definitely have to check them out, thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Another one for SA is "Kim's Gourment Poultry" located in Tea Tree Plaza. They sell bags of chicken frames, 3 in a bag, for $1.20. They are HUGE frames, very meaty, and all the goodies are still attached. I used to buy from Leonard's, but now I wouldn't touch their stuff ever again, as their frames are always so small and more bone than anything else. The frames from Kim's are at least double in size and weight, and so cheap!! :eek:

Store K16

976 North East Rd , Westfield - Tea Tree Plaza, Modbury

Adelaide, SA, 5092

Brisbane:

Big Gun Butchers at Underwood:

Frozen 10kg (or there about) boxes of Turkey Tails and Lamb flaps. $20-$30 Turkey tails I think are little more expensive but they are HUGE!

You will need a deep freezer. I get the box, partly defrost enough to break into smaller meals then refreeze.

Im in WA (South of the river) and I buy from:

South St Pet Supplies

372 South Street

O'CONNOR WA 6163

Ph: (08) 93378599

and

Natural Paws

209 Cormorant Court

Southern River

Western Australia 6110

(08) 9398 4616

www.naturalpaws.com.au (they also have an online store and deliver)

Natural Paws have big lamb shanks for $1 each which is much cheaper than I have been able to find them anywhere else :rolleyes:

Bendigo, Central Victoria.

Breen St Pet Supply

Great service here - they have always happily chopped things smaller for me if needed. You can find roo tail sections, roo chunks, big beef steaks, chicken necks, skinned rabbits and different preservative free minces.

Fresh Fish Shop, Bendigo Market Place

I buy large, meaty salmon heads here for 50 cents each.

The Meat Master, Kangaroo Flat Market Centre

Beef chuck bones, chicken hearts, ox heart, shanks, chicken livers, brains.

Not many other places (I'd love to hear from someone who lives in Bendigo and knows where more things are!), apart from a couple of local butchers and supermarkets that sell ox tongues, lamb hearts, ox hearts, lamb offcuts, goat, pig trotters and pork hocks.

I'd be very interested to hear where I could source sheep heads and goat meat in Bendigo or nearby.

Vintage Diva is that The Meat Master in Strath Village or is the one in Kanagroo Flat the butchers next to Safeways?

The one in Strath Village is not too bad, but you have to get them on a good day. The butcher in Kangaroo Flat (The Meat Masters) not sure of their name, well if its that one then I found their meat 'off'. I dont know maybe it was a bad day for them or what.

I have heard Hazeldenes sell to the public but not sure on that.

I get most of my meats from Country Fresh Meats in Kangaroo Flat. Whats the name of that plaza? www.zingzing.com.au They have the chicken frame mince bagged and I add other meats and offals on special to it. Often the place will have human meats on special and I will buy in bulk from them and portion it for the freezer. Have a word with them for what you need and they can try and cater for you.

There is another pet food place in Epsom, greyhound place I think. Went there once and because they have the blue dye through their meats I dont go there anymore.

Bell's Pet Supplies, Rohs Rd, Bendigo, VIC 3550 A Corgi breeder put me onto that one. Not sure if its still there.

I find that if you source out the supermarkets in Bendigo, you can usually pick up a bargain. I have even grabbed a bargain at Aldi's and IGA on market days.

Vintage Diva is that The Meat Master in Strath Village or is the one in Kanagroo Flat the butchers next to Safeways?

The one in Strath Village is not too bad, but you have to get them on a good day. The butcher in Kangaroo Flat (The Meat Masters) not sure of their name, well if its that one then I found their meat 'off'. I dont know maybe it was a bad day for them or what.

I have heard Hazeldenes sell to the public but not sure on that.

I get most of my meats from Country Fresh Meats in Kangaroo Flat. Whats the name of that plaza? www.zingzing.com.au They have the chicken frame mince bagged and I add other meats and offals on special to it. Often the place will have human meats on special and I will buy in bulk from them and portion it for the freezer. Have a word with them for what you need and they can try and cater for you.

There is another pet food place in Epsom, greyhound place I think. Went there once and because they have the blue dye through their meats I dont go there anymore.

Bell's Pet Supplies, Rohs Rd, Bendigo, VIC 3550 A Corgi breeder put me onto that one. Not sure if its still there.

I find that if you source out the supermarkets in Bendigo, you can usually pick up a bargain. I have even grabbed a bargain at Aldi's and IGA on market days.

TiffanyAmber ~ I got mixed up with the names! I meant the Country Fresh Meats in the Kangaroo Flat Market Centre. I've found a few goodies there, like trays of chicken hearts (so cute!), lamb brains and quail. I alternate between buying my beef chuck/neck bones from there and from the butcher inside Centro Lansell. It depends who has it on special. I got three for free from Country Fresh Meats a couple of weeks ago. I did my usual thing of asking them to cut each chuck bone across the middle (too big for Bean otherwise) and the butcher came out and said I could have them for free, as the meat looked a little old. Still smelled fine, and I freeze them anyway. So that was a nice surprise!

I have also been to Mannings Greyhound complex - forgot to mention that one. They had some roo chunks last time I went which were good. No blue dye that I saw.

I also love the supermarkets, and have found some great bargains in the human section of a local Safeway supermarket. I got six large chicken thighs for just $3.00 last week, and once found meaty lamb necks at a ridiculously low price. I also keep an eye on the lamb shanks, as they are often on special.

• 2 weeks later...
I feed raw food BARF based diet and will only feed my dogs HUMAN GRADE meat as Pet Grade can contain parasites.

I would never use Burns Pet foods in Sydney as I have seen the diseased and unhealthy animals they use for their pet food - especially the horses. I have also done a tour of the killing floor and am amazed by the lack of hygiene there.

Would have to say i agree, i have been to Burns a few times and it looks awful in regards to hygiene standards. Plus my dog just didnt eat the meat from there, not even brisket bones. At first i thought it was because of the horse/kangaroo meat used in their puppy mince, as my dog hasnt eaten these meats before (At least that what i was told was in the puppy mince) but there chicken mince was no better.

I get alot of my meat from

Pendle Hill Meat Market

Address : 138 Bungaree Rd.,

Pendle Hill NSW

Opening Hours

MON 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM TUE 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM WED 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM THU 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM FRI 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM SAT 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM

(Make sure you get in early on Saturdays, as gets chockers around 10-11am!)

and

Glenmore Meat Company

Address : 40 Wentworth Park Road

Glebe NSW

Phone : 02 9660 3522

Fax : 02 9692 9662

Opening times : Mon - Fri: 6.30am-6pm

Sat: 6.30am-1pm

Sun: 8-11.30am

• 1 month later...

Sydney

Well you probably saw my 2 prefered butchers on that thread APBT.

@ Pendle hill meat market i find really good for RMB's and lamb. Off cuts (Very meaty with some fat and bone)-between $1.50-$2.00 for a 1-2kg bag, whole lamb necks 3 for $2. Lamb shanks i can sometimes pick up a 2pack for $2-3, chicken breast Frozen 2kg bag @ $6, plus they always have chicken pet mince for around $2.50-$3.00 for 2kg bag.

@ Glebe i get all my offals/muscle meat, last week picked up 4 lamb hearts for around $2.50, 3.5kg of chicken necks for $5, chicken frames (With some good amounts of meat and offal still on bone) for 1.50 for 2. Also cheap lambs fry and kidneys between $1-2 for a large peice liver or 6-8 kidneys

Pendle Hill Meat Market

Address : 138 Bungaree Rd.,

Pendle Hill NSW

Opening Hours

MON 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM TUE 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM WED 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM THU 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM FRI 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM SAT 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM

(Make sure you get in early on Saturdays, as gets chockers around 10-11am!)

and

Glenmore Meat Company

Address : 40 Wentworth Park Road

Glebe NSW

Phone : 02 9660 3522

Fax : 02 9692 9662

Opening times : Mon - Fri: 6.30am-6pm

Sat: 6.30am-1pm

Sun: 8-11.30am

Hope that helps somewhat, Or you could let your nearest butcher know what your after, most are only to happy to accomodate and will freeze and put aside anything you wish for a weekly pick up. :)

Sutherland-Shire NSW

"Bully Beef" at Menai

minced chicken frames from Lenards in Menai

best pet mince I ever found in the Shire was from Stapletons Butcher opposite the railway station in Sutherland.