Where To Buy Raw ?

laffi

Is that the wholesaler at Longford? I have years ago - it's not near me but I know a few who buy here and recommend it - including breeders.

The info for Northern Tassie is very well timed for me, our puppy arrives in the next week or so. I had been wondering where to source fresh meat. Have you ever used Swift meats?

Have some more info re "Swifts" at Longford. They're now called JBL and sell beef, lamb and pork products. Apparently they process 98% of the carcass, which is pretty good, compared to a lot of other butchers! I guess this means that there's not a lot of wastage and that they sell a lot of stuff that other butchers don't - great for the doggies! I guess it depends what you're looking for. You just need to ask!

Thanks HM for the update. I've been a bit busy with new arrival and am spending much less time on line LOL. Pup loves the chicken mince from Farmyard chicken.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but noticed the other night that woolies at Westfield Chermside have a nice selection of raw food for dogs. They have brisket bones, beef tongues, kidneys, chicken livers, beef cheeks and something else I don't remember.

Dunno how they compare for price because I only started feeding raw about a week ago, but I didn't think it was expensive...

• 2 weeks later...

Mackay

It's easier to be pure about grass fed beef when there is a reliable local source and this family is pleased to have one now.

Just check with the meat people at the Saturday markets at the showground. They also travel with a cold room to the coalfields.

Along those lines, I appreciated the article What's Your Beef in the Weekend Australian magazine.

• 2 months later...

Hi is their anyone in the vic (near berwick) area that can give me some places to get raw food. i have just got my chest freezer so now want to start my gsd and heeler on raw. Any tips on what to feed would be good as well. I saw some beef bones in coles but was worried in case they could not eat the bones and would choke.

thanks

marie

I am in South Australia & I always get pet meat from the same shop.

Mincing & dicing all done in shop.

Salisbury Pet Meats

175 Salisbury Highway

Salisbury SA 5108

(08) 8258 4249

Freshly minced chicken is $1.20 per kg

Freshly diced Beef is $3.60 per kg

Has Roo etc but I don't know how much that is.

Frozen also available.

Hi is their anyone in the vic (near berwick) area that can give me some places to get raw food. i have just got my chest freezer so now want to start my gsd and heeler on raw. Any tips on what to feed would be good as well. I saw some beef bones in coles but was worried in case they could not eat the bones and would choke.

thanks

marie

I've joined a yahoo rawfeeding group & they recommend feeding 80% raw meat, 10% edible bone, no load bearing bones, & 10% offal. To make the dogs rip & tear into the meat it should be in large chunks bigger than the dog's head. It sounds like an expensive way to feed when I previously thought the raw meaty bone diet was best.

For all thos wanting Raw Green Tripe M & A Butchery at Wilberforce the need a few days notice and is about $4.50 a kilo.

Thank you so much for this! Been trying to track down a supplier on the Internet and having no luck. How does it come? Do they cut it up into chunks or do you basically get the whole stomach? And how much can you get at a time? Wilberforce will be a bit of a hike for me so will need to buy in bulk.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for me to add a WA one - Nguyen Phat (Farmer Jacks) supermarket in Wade Court, Girrawheen. Cheap chicken quarters; also a wide variety of tongue, heart, liver, kidney, trotters, tripe, even blood, bungs, etc. Great fruit and vegie section for the humans, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The place in Ashfield, NSW, has closed. I went there today. They had been running down their stock for some time, although they always had plenty of raw food.

It was called "Aussie Pet Supplies". It looked like a Petbarn style place. It was Parramatta Rd, Haberfield. But now it's gone :( The last time I was there, the sales assistant mentioned they were closing. And they have.

• 1 month later...

Taken from a gumtree add...

cheaper petfood at our new outlet at shanes park(near mt druitt) from a low 30cents a kg for frozen chicken mince or 40cents kg for fresh chicken mince. we also stock a range of beef ,lamb and roo mince from a low $1.80kg. best of all, most of our products are preservative free!!! we are open 9till 5 mon to fri or 8 till midday sat. phone cliff for details 0423136708 or come to supreme poultry 62 south creek rd shanes park.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o591/yorto/IMAG1662.jpg

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o591/yorto/IMAG1658.jpg

Pictures taken about a month ago...

• 5 weeks later...

For all thos wanting Raw Green Tripe M & A Butchery at Wilberforce the need a few days notice and is about $4.50 a kilo.

Thank you so much for this! Been trying to track down a supplier on the Internet and having no luck. How does it come? Do they cut it up into chunks or do you basically get the whole stomach? And how much can you get at a time? Wilberforce will be a bit of a hike for me so will need to buy in bulk.

As much as you want to buy really. The team at M&A are fantastic. Gotta give my local high praise.

Recently read about the Super Butcher outlets in SE Qld at Birkdale, Eagle Farm and several further south. The business has been bought out of receivership and the new owners state they may expand the locations. I'll certainly check them out next time in Brisbane with a car and the big esky!

More info on the website and a newsletter has the specials.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, Yorto, that sounds great!

I'm in the Penrith area also and Ive been going to Giraween to a chicken factory outlet to buy necks since going raw. Nowhere as cheap as this for the mince although the neck prices are similar. ( 12k for $24.00, $12.00 when there on special ) I will have to check it out!

Thanks again!

Taken from a gumtree add...

cheaper petfood at our new outlet at shanes park(near mt druitt) from a low 30cents a kg for frozen chicken mince or 40cents kg for fresh chicken mince. we also stock a range of beef ,lamb and roo mince from a low $1.80kg. best of all, most of our products are preservative free!!! we are open 9till 5 mon to fri or 8 till midday sat. phone cliff for details 0423136708 or come to supreme poultry 62 south creek rd shanes park.

http://i1149.photobu...to/IMAG1662.jpg

http://i1149.photobu...to/IMAG1658.jpg

Pictures taken about a month ago...

• 3 weeks later...

Good find on that one, I'll head out there next week and get some Roo and Chicken, will report back on quality.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on this, especially the quality of the roo.

The factory place at Girraween is fantastic too - also they donate regularly to Special Olympics for functions and sports tournament bbqs :thumbsup: It was VERY crowded there on a Saturday morning last time I went, though (early December).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...