Where To Buy Raw ?

laffi

To add for Tasmania-

Northern Pet Meat Suppliers

115 Vermont Rd, Mowbray (Launceston)

(03) 6326 5895

They sell pet minces, bones, dried meat products (roo tails, lamb tendons and the like), cuts of pet meat, stripped frames and mostly whole possums. (Warning for horse lovers.. they do also sell horse meat).

Lenah Game Meats

315 Georgetown Rd, Rocherlea (Launceston)

(03) 6326 7696

They sell professionally packaged pet mince (kangaroo) which is currently $2/kg from the warehouse (also sold in some IGA supermarkets although you'd be paying much more) and if you ask nicely, they'll also sell dried roo pelts ($10 for a whole roo hide) and rabbit pelts if they have any :laugh:

Edited by Hardy's Angel

I use & HIGHLY reccomend Fresh 4 Paws

Its owned & operated by our verry own Issis :)

She has a great range of raw product which can be specified to your own requirements if you desire.

My dogs thrive on it and are still licking the bowl long afterthey are done.

She can deliver to the Melbournr area & myself being from Bendigo she is always happy to meet me somewhere or drop of orders at shows.

The prices are great @ $5.00kg delivered

Its made from human grade meat products and the vegies are often organic when available

She also has a facebook page under Fresh 4 Paws

10 star recomendation for this one ;)

Yep another vote for a brilliant product and service!!!

She will also tailor make mixes!!! leave supplements out if that's what the owner wants for different dogs! :laugh::o

She better not shift anywhere!!! :):):)

• 1 month later...

Its owned & operated by our verry own Issis :)

She has a great range of raw product which can be specified to your own requirements if you desire.

She can deliver to the Melbournr area & myself being from Bendigo she is always happy to meet me somewhere or drop of orders at shows.

Its made from human grade meat products and the vegies are often organic when available

10 star recomendation for this one :clap:

She will also tailor make mixes!!! leave supplements out if that's what the owner wants for different dogs! :) ;)

She better not shift anywhere!!! :D :wave: ;)

Fabulous - thanks for posting this - I'm going to give her a go. Have been thinking about switching to a BARF type diet mainly to see if I can get a bit more improvement in coat, and this looks great. Love that she's local too.

We get our chicken quarters and offals from Baiada in Girraween NSW.

We usually get:

Chicken frames at $6.60 for a 6kg bag ($1.10kg)

Chicken marylands (quarters) / thighs / drumstick are all $33.00 for a box of 12kg.

Offals are $5.00 for a 2kg bag.

We keep an eye out for specials for whole or boxes of chicken pieces which can go for as low as $2 per kg.

Look them up on line, they're Australia wide too and are open to public.

More importantly their chickens have NO growth hormones in them.

- Cath

• 3 weeks later...
More importantly their chickens have NO growth hormones in them.

No chicken meat available anywhere in Australia has been grown with the help of growth hormones. It is against the law to feed chickens artificial hormones here and in most of the rest of the world afaik. Companies that claim their chicken is hormone free are just stating an industry standard.

See here

• 2 weeks later...

my dog developed food allergies at about age 2, i couldnt work out why he was itching so much until i did a bit of research that suggested a raw meat only diet. it worked wonders, he stopped itching completely and he was much happier and lively.. until spring came along and something in the garden set him off again.

after quite a bit of research on raw food diets i'll never buy pet mince, usually it's full of preservatives which can irritate the food allergies and causes some dogs to be hypo.

i usually feed my dog on lamb bones and chicken necks, if i can't get them from the butcher, which is always cheaper, coles have them in their meat section. occasinally for a treat and to keep him busy i get a big marrow bone that he gets days of enjoyment out of.

i keep meaning to go to a local wholesale butcher and stock up my freezer but they're usually only open during business hours, when i work. i think a kangaroo tail would be much more beneficial in a raw food diet than a marrow bone due to the low fat content but i've never tried it.

Its owned & operated by our verry own Issis :o

10 star recomendation for this one :(

She will also tailor make mixes!!! leave supplements out if that's what the owner wants for different dogs! :(:(

She better not shift anywhere!!! :o:eek::(

Another vote for F4P here.. Love it. My boys will sit at the microwave and cry if it takes too long to defrost :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Another eastern Perth one ..

A & D Pet Food Supplies

Elliott Road Midvale (off Farrell Road)

Open till 5pm mon-fri and to 12pm saturday.

Stock fresh roo, beef, chicken, lamb meat. Kill/pack the roo and lamb on premises.

Most are $2.85 p/kilo, plus selected bones.

This shop was great although smelly they gave a good "breeder" discount but as of November 2010 the business was sold and IMO the product quality has gone down as the roo meat we brought had alot of offal and "white" bits in it which were never there in the 2 years we brought this product. The new owner told me when he took over the prices were too cheap and that's why the old owner had to sell as he was going down financially. Since to new owner has taken over, I ordered 50kg of Roo meat and 40 large meaty roo tails on one order, all confirmed the day before as I had to drive for an hour to get there. When I arrived, no meaty tails.... so I told them I wasn't happy driving all this way :laugh: when the product was confirmed for me. The owner took my name, address & phone number and offered to drop the roo tails off to me within the next week as he lived near us. That was 6 weeks ago and we've never heard from them :rofl: . The new owners have lost my business and at least 2 others that I know of ($1,000+ worth of sales per month) :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

A&D Pet Foods in Midvale WA has changed owners and is now called Victory Pet Meats.

The new owners also sell raw goat meat (prepared on the premises) and they are the only supplier of pet quality (ie not human grade but also not human grade priced) goat meat and bones that I can find in South West WA. You can get the meat in 1kg packs and bones in 3kg bags. You may be able to get it fresh if you go in on the day it's prepared but the new owner intends to sell it frozen.

Edited to include that we too found that the fat content of the goat mince skyrocketed after the new owners took over and when we queried this, we were told that it was because the new workers weren't aware of the standard the new owner wanted. He did offer to swap to 80kgs of goat mince over with a lean cut mince and would call me when it was ready as we too have to drive an hour to get it. That was quite a few weeks ago now and am still waiting despite two followup calls to find out what's going on.

The price for goat bones has doubled since new ownership but the mince has so far remained the same although our first order from the new supplier was of poor quality. We haven't yet had to go back to see if has improved. We are basically held to ransom here as we cannot find another supplier and due to food allergies, goat mince is the only meat our dogs can have. We may have to ship it in from the east coast at this rate.

Edited to add now that the new owners are settled, the supply and presentation of the goat meat has dramatically improved. They offer a standard mince but you can order extra lean if you need it. All mince is supplied frozen in vac pack bags that stack flat in the freezer.

We were looking for a goat meat supplier in Sydney pending an upcoming move but haven't been able to find one at a reasonable price. Victory Pet Meats offered to help by shipping the goat over on a freezer truck backload whenever one was available and could arrange that for us for a very reasonable fee. Even with freight costs, it will still be a lot cheaper than getting it from Sydney. Now that's service.

We were a little dubious when they first took over but we now highly recommend them.

Edited by Dxenion

• 5 weeks later...

For Darwin

Howard Springs Pet Meat Pty Ltd

Mahaffey Rd, Howard Springs (off Girraween rd)

Phone number(08) 8983 1223

We buy a box of necks (cow or horse) for $30 and that it packed full (about 2kgs?) of really really meaty bones.

• 3 weeks later...

W.A. Butchers at Canning Vale Markets sell pig heads, 2 for $10 also quite a variety of meats including cheap hamburgur mince. Some of the more unusual items like chicken feet I thought rather pricey at $6.99 kg, but then I thing they have a large asian clienele.

IGA Huntingdale sell pet mince for $2.99 kg (think it is a combo of beef, lamb, prok etc)

Both open 7 day a week.

Can anyone recommend a place in or near Berwick VIC. Rough prices would be really great too! Thanx :cry:

Porky's Pet Food and Greyhound Supplies - 2 Arundel Street Cranbourne

They sell Kennel Mince, Racing Mince, Diced Beef, Roo Tail, Bags of carrots, BARF Patties (New), Vets All Natural