Help Me Register My Dog

sydking

And the insults begin, as per usual when the supporters cannot understand the legislation and have no idea about how to make it work for them.

I dont understand how that was an insult, it was merely a suggestion and we do understand the legislation and we are making it work for us but telling someone to leave everything behind and move to another STATE to own a breed which has been proven to be a great dog is absurd, and i would really like to hear Poodlefan's reply on the question that if poodles and whippets where to be banned right now WOULD SHE SELL HER DOGS AND CHOSE ANOTHER BREED?

Alrit so i just want to understand one thing....since people like Poodlefan care soo much about the dogs....u should know that the typical BYB for pitbulls still exists and it is an ongoing dilemna....now lets say SYDKING wants to be a responsible owner and work hard on raising a well trained and social pitbull, wouldnt that be better than if the dog goes to the wrong person and make our problems with BSL even bigger? i mean the dogs ARE there and there is nothing you or any one else do about it....so why dont u try to give sydking some good advice and help him be responsible and raise his puppy the right way instead of jumping down his throat. I believe that positive advice and help will go alot further than bringing up thing which are not significant such as Sydking's age? i mean if he was 18 or 100 wats the difference? the dog is there i would rather see the pup be raised properly with everyone's help(if needed) than whinge and complain about pitbullls as a breed. Lets just hope that sydking acts responsibly and sets a great example for the breed through his puppy and hope it is in good hands..at the end of the day we all care about the welfare and treatment of our dogs whether it be a poodle or a pitbull or anything else...DONT LET THE MEDIA BRAIN WASH U....

thanx every1:)

You are joking aren't you? Did you read this thread or just jump on the 'lets have a go at Poodlefan' bandwagon? Poodlefan has been very clear in giving "responsibility" as an option for the OP. It is others who have encouraged the OP to try to get around the law and behave irresponsibly. And I haven't read where anyone has whinged and complained about pitbulls as a breed.

Why is is not an option to comply with the current legislation, and keep the dog as detailed by the legislation? Greyhound owners dont try to register their dogs as whippets to avoid having to wear a muzzle, many many dogs live in runs while their owners are not at home (but get plenty of walks, exercise and other stimulation when the owners are home), many dogs cannot be let offlead due to poor recall, etc. I dont understand why these restrictions would be so hard to live with. This doesn't mean that you accept or agree with the legislation, but there are much better ways to get it changed than by braking the law. Why not show the world you are proud APBT owners and comply with the legislation, instead of trying to hide your dogs away? :)

I dont agree with BSL, but individuals breaking the law are not going to change things.

yes i actually i did read the thread, but the idea is this...Sydking got the dog and the question now is not about the breed, its about how to act responsibly. I did not sugggest trying to get around the law or registering the pup as anything else!! what im trying to say is that at this point POSITIVE advice and help is what Sydking needs not a hammering from people like PoodleFan. If YOU read the thread you would realise that in no way did she offer help or advice..she just went on about the consequnces which at this stage make no difference since the pup is ALREADY there, it would have been of much greater help to tell Sydking of what to do know rather then to go on about his age and whether he has told his parents, its a joke what difference is that going to make?? and i really do think that Sydking has alot of responsibility on his shoulders right now and advice from veteran dog owners and people who are friendly and willing to help is what he needs, because anything else isnt of much use at the moment..

is not weather poodles or whippets are in question, poodlefen seem to be disturbed by all the "law breakers"

and i would like an answer to if they were banned tomorrow would she continue on the breeds or get rid of them and get different dogs?

Yes, I am disturbed by law breaking - I work for a law enforcment agency. :)

To answer your question, I'd be as devastated by the ban as all APBT supporters have been. However, I'd be on the offensive long before any ban became legislation and I'd not be insulting the lawmakers and the media, screaming discrimination (which it isn't if you know a thing about law), pointing out that other breeds were worse or showing pictures of poodles and whippets kissing babies when hard facts, objective lobbying and cool heads are called for. Those methods were how the bans were largely fought by APBT supporters. And you wonder how it happened. :laugh:

Look, if they even suggest BSL here, I'll be chaining myself to the front of the Legislative Assembly with the APBT owners because such laws are just plain stupid and ineffective. But I know for a fact that the most influential animal lobby groups here in the ACT don't support them. How do I know that - I asked them and I stay in touch. :cool:

Would I abide the ban. Yes. But gee I'd be doing everything in my power to see it overturned. I would not be requrired to "get rid of" my existing dogs. No APBT owner has been either.

Edited by poodlefan

yes i actually i did read the thread, but the idea is this...Sydking got the dog and the question now is not about the breed, its about how to act responsibly. I did not sugggest trying to get around the law or registering the pup as anything else!! what im trying to say is that at this point POSITIVE advice and help is what Sydking needs not a hammering from people like PoodleFan. If YOU read the thread you would realise that in no way did she offer help or advice..she just went on about the consequnces which at this stage make no difference since the pup is ALREADY there, it would have been of much greater help to tell Sydking of what to do know rather then to go on about his age and whether he has told his parents, its a joke what difference is that going to make?? and i really do think that Sydking has alot of responsibility on his shoulders right now and advice from veteran dog owners and people who are friendly and willing to help is what he needs, because anything else isnt of much use at the moment..

My first post in this thread:

You got the dog sydking, now suck it up and don't become the type of owner that got them on the restricted list in the first place - an irresponsible one.

The dog need only be caged when not inside with you. For many dogs that would only be when you aren't home. Many dogs walk very happily in a muzzle - ask racing Greyhound owners.

How dreadfully harsh of me to point out that obeying the law (as owners of another breed have been required to for decades) would not be that restrictive.

And please point out where I have been negative about the breed. Sometimes you need to recognise that people who disagree with you aren't necessarily against you.

ETA: I speculated at the time of Sydkings posts that that he/she might have been a journalist on a fishing expedition. I still wonder about that.

Edited by poodlefan

people wonder why the breed bans wont be overturned anytime soon ... Jeezus all I see is a sea of APBT owners screaming 'MY dog has a great temperament, pitties are the best breed, they can do anything, stuff the rest of you what would you know'

and you wonder why the law doesnt listen to you.

The law is the law. It has the unfortunate power to make your life and that of your dog VERY miserably, hell even final.

Why not play with intelligence instead of just spouting rubbish like 'what would you know, have you ever owned an APBT'

why does one have to own one to support you? You dont want support? You'd rather push things underground and fulfill stereotypes of the APBT and the people that own them? Looks like it sometimes :thumbsup: honestly rubbish like this is why many people, me included, stop putting their hands up to help with a lot of things. I am against BSL but when it comes to unity - bah - I dont need a migraine sitting on the same old merry go round. Grow up, use to law to your advantage if you want it overturned not give it the finger.

fine an dandy, but do YOU own an American Pitbull terrier? and do you have first hand experience with dealing with the laws, not just reading legislation.

Yes PPS runs around enforcing the laws and then comes on here like a big hero and dribbles on about how much she is against bsl :thumbsup::laugh:

------

This same sentiments expressed by some here over and over obey the law and they will change it.

Ding ding hello that ISNT how it works. How about you sight me some examples of when that has worked, and then ill sight you "1 or 2" examples of when everyone rejecting the law gets it thrown out. Its already started in europe and it will spread here there IS an end in sight for BSL.

Edited by calsonic350z
  • Haha 1

Advice offered to the OP re how to go about registering his dog and how to comply with the current legislation has worked for many dog owners. There's a lovely red girl living just round the corner. Her owners took it upon themselves and beat council to the punch, she lives cage free and she need only follow the same laws as the rest of the non RB owning population in NSW.

They don't have their bitch registered as something it's not, they feely attend obedience class and can walk the streets during the day , without having to worry about who might see her.

:thumbsup: it does work

Somehow I don't think it matters now and Syd is most likely running the gauntlet like countless others. Of course this could be avoided by adhering to the restrictions or purchasing a legal breed of dog.

and why didn't you do that?, you sed you owned a APBT.

Advice offered to the OP re how to go about registering his dog and how to comply with the current legislation has worked for many dog owners. There's a lovely red girl living just round the corner. Her owners took it upon themselves and beat council to the punch, she lives cage free and she need only follow the same laws as the rest of the non RB owning population in NSW.

They don't have their bitch registered as something it's not, they feely attend obedience class and can walk the streets during the day , without having to worry about who might see her.

so you saying any pitbull owner who has done a obedience class can roam free with a RB at the end of a leash?

and she registered as a pitbull, but lives cage free, and how itsent that breaking the law?

so you saying any pitbull owner who has done a obedience class can roam free with a RB at the end of a leash?

and she registered as a pitbull, but lives cage free, and how itsent that breaking the law?

The owners requested an NOI, breed assessed and TT'd. It was unlikely that a happy waggily tailed puppy would fail breed ID and TT. The owners did that off their own bat when she was a baby and now they do not have to abide by any RB legislation, they are free to do as they please within the current laws that apply to every dog other than a restricted breed.

The OP could do exactly the same thing if he suspects his dog to be of a resticted breed cross.

The owners requested an NOI, breed assessed and TT'd. It was unlikely that a happy waggily tailed puppy would fail breed ID and TT. The owners did that off their own bat when she was a baby and now they do not have to abide by any RB legislation, they are free to do as they please within the current laws that apply to every dog other than a restricted breed.

The OP could do exactly the same thing if he suspects his dog to be of a resticted breed cross.

if you read my posts, i SED the exact thing on how to beat the laws. but yet you tryed to prove me wrong, now you post the same thing. whats up with that?

if you read my posts, i SED the exact thing on how to beat the laws. but yet you tryed to prove me wrong, now you post the same thing. whats up with that?

You appear to be very confused about what " breed assessments" , "temperament tests", " authorised assessors" and "authorised officeers" are and how you would go about complying with the Companion Animals Act.

No, it's not enough to simply attend an obedience class or have a temp test conducted without an NOI.

You appear to be very confused about what " breed assessments" , "temperament tests", " authorised assessors" and "authorised officeers" are and how you would go about complying with the Companion Animals Act.

No, it's not enough to simply attend an obedience class or have a temp test conducted without an NOI.

your putting word into my mouth, I SED AFTER AND NOI, read my posts then say something that hasent been sed 100 times before