Sudden Swellling In Left Elbow Only

openarms

My ex has woken up this morning to find that his dogs left elbow has swollen to twice the size of normal. He's 12 and he's done nothing since last night that could have caused an injury. Anyone got any ideas on what the problem could be? He he is naturally going to take him to the vet but i just wondered in the meantime if anyone had this happen to their dog before.

Thanks in advance.

GetAttachmentleg3.jpg

GetAttachmentleg2.jpg

GetAttachmentleg.jpg

Edited by openarms

If there is a would around the elbow, the swelling could be related to that, or if the lymph node in the axilla (arm pit) is enlarged it may be blocking the flow of lymph fluid from the leg back into the circulation.

If the vet finds the swelling is caused by inflammation ... try wetting a cloth in Apple Cider Vinager and then wrap this around the swollen area. Apart from making him smell like a salad ... this really does help reduce swelling.

It has been working with my ankle.

If there is a would around the elbow, the swelling could be related to that, or if the lymph node in the axilla (arm pit) is enlarged it may be blocking the flow of lymph fluid from the leg back into the circulation.

This is my bet as well, been there done that with one of my oldies.... the scab on the elbow will just be a pressure sore.

• 2 weeks later...
My ex has woken up this morning to find that his dogs left elbow has swollen to twice the size of normal. He's 12 and he's done nothing since last night that could have caused an injury. Anyone got any ideas on what the problem could be? He he is naturally going to take him to the vet but i just wondered in the meantime if anyone had this happen to their dog before.

Thanks in advance.

GetAttachmentleg3.jpg

GetAttachmentleg2.jpg

GetAttachmentleg.jpg

Just found your post & wondering if the dog is now ok, as the pics showed some bruising & fluid? Garry

• 8 years later...

HI my name is Rose,I also have a LG male dog named Woo-Woo.. My story is the same as yours.. so I took him to the vet come to find out the vet says that he had had a trauma.turned into a LG blood clot ..waiting on results from a biopsy.. I am truly scared for him ..