Puppy Preschool In Logan

fudge

Can anyone recommend a GOOD puppy preschool in the Logan area??

Looks like our pup will be arriving in three weeks and I'd like to start researching schools :thumbsup:

ETA - the RSPCA run classes in K9 Kindergarten - does anyone have any experience with them? good or bad?

Edited by fudge

Its not Logan, but we were really happy with the Puppy Preschool held at Pet City at Mount Gravatt - we did an 8 week course with our little one and it was fantastic to see the changes over the time

We also did Bonnie's puppy preschool - which is more casual - as the course at Pet City was not starting for a few weeks after we got out pup and we wanted to make sure she was getting to meet other pups to play during that time

Both were great for us

I have heard good things about Wagtails at Rochedale also

Is it true that "puppy pre-school" is all about the adults learning and the puppies left to play for themselves? ... can someone enlighten me?

Sort of. At the puppy preschool we went to there were 'supervised' play sessions where the puppies got to play and the trainer educated us about what to watch for in body language so we could better understand whether it was a positive interaction or not, also she worked on improving the pups interactions with each other giving us exercises and training to do (e.g. there was one pup that was body blocking and trying to dominate the others so the trainer helped his owners with that, while there was another pup that was really shy etc)

We also did alot of learning and training with the pup - sit, stay etc, as well as teaching the pup to accept us holding and touching.

I found that puppy school was like all good training in that it was teaching us how to train and interact well with our pup - made a huge difference for me as I never had dogs before.

The play times were also really great for our pup as she is an only dog and needed to play with pups her own age. Our PPS had additional 'play sessions' in addition to the PPS classes

Thanks for that Gills...

Which puppy pre-school did you go to?? ... i am expecting my pup but not for some time yet - after mid-Mar so now doing research on puppy pre-school. I know they do one in RSPCA but don't know if any good ...

Anyone has any experience with the RSPCA in Springwood?

Thanks for that Gills...

Which puppy pre-school did you go to?? ... i am expecting my pup but not for some time yet - after mid-Mar so now doing research on puppy pre-school. I know they do one in RSPCA but don't know if any good ...

Anyone has any experience with the RSPCA in Springwood?

We went through Ziggys which used a training room at Pet City (Mt Gravatt East)

We also did a couple of weeks at Bonnie's as the class we were enrolled in at Ziggys didn't start until our pup was going to be 12 weeks old and we (being first time puppy owners) were worried that was too long to wait

Just wanted to update and say a thank you!

Our cav puppy, Misty, has arrived and today we had our first puppy preschool class with Craig Murray's school. It was awesome!!!

:)

Misty did really well interacting with the other dogs and our trainer was really happy with her lovely and balanced temperament!