Bsl Pandemic 2022

NorthernStarPits

I suppose it depends on whether you think fear, ignorance and legislative knee jerking are contagious.

I think the first one is, not the last two.

Frankly I can't see quite a few countries introducing BSL. The issue of dog attacks is not on their radar - politically or otherwise.

What I am hoping is that we can see it repealled in some places where it already exists - especially Oz.

• 2 months later...

I dont know poodlefan, the last two are rife in Australia and i dont think we are unique in the world. We modeled ours on the UK after all. Followed by some fantasy quotes by polititions, and laws made that capture many innocents in the dragnet.

Edited by NorthernStarPits

I spent a decade doing critiques of mathematical models. In general, they are very succeptable to assumptions . . .assumptions about what needs to be considered in the model (model boundaries), assumptions about how considerations are included (structural assumptions), and the numbers used to parameterise these assumptions.

I have only skimmed the article, but would say the assumptions aren't clear enough to allow an objective evaluation, and it is likely that tweaking of parameters or changing of boundary or structural assumptions would result in a different outcome.

• 12 years later...