Charlotte’s Breeding A Bone Of Contention

Teebs

Is there a picture of the dog? I'm curious to see what this bull terrier looks like, Bull terriers are a distinctive breed and dont resemble a Pit Bull at all. It sounds like his council wants to stitch him up one way or another, if they cant get him on having a restricted breed that is not following regulations, they may get him on dangerous dog declaration, the regulations are exactly the same arn't they?

I feel sorry for the bloke, I hope they leave him alone now. If all this bSL stuff is only based on appearances, or I would rather say an illusion, as it seems to be, there would be many breed and X breeds that would be confused, what a god damn joke of a law!.

if the dog was out harassing people as the paper said, then i am all for them declaring it a DD, but on its ACTIONS not because of what breed it is

I agree completly pps i have a pitty and a staffy who were let out of my yard and picked up by the pound we thought for sure they would be pts but next day I get a call that I can pick them up. They basicallly told us when we got there that we had them back because of a temp test (and the assesment meant nothing) not saying this is always the case I know some nice dogs that are put down but I'm glad the day my dogs were picked up the assor was in a good mood.

post-24289-1233262105_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had to check with the photo but I remember walking in the local off leash dog park with Charlotte a while ago. The guy had another dog that was older but Charlotte was pretty wild as a puppy.

Running up to everyone and them squirming all over the ground with excitement. I would have given her more cuddles but she'd be off before you could get hold of her wiggles.

She was a lovely dog then so glad she is OK. But I don't know much about pit bulls and I did think she was what they looked like? So confusing.

If the dog hasn't been TT'd within the 28 days of the issue date of the NOI, council can still get this dog. They won;t need to go down the road of the DD tag.

It appears to have taken a while to get a breed ID and the clock was ticking, if fhe didn't write to council, request and extension of time to seek the TT ( would also needed to be approved by council in writing ) then council can simply declare.

The legislation is a mine field.