Swimmer Pups

Bilbo Baggins

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a singleton baby and he has now turned into a swimmer grrrrrrrr...I have only ever had one swimmer and it wasnt a great outcome. This little guy is sooo important to my lines that it is super freaking me out. Please explain to me BB or Sway how the pillowcase works...my guy is hanging in one now, but he is sort of standing in the "corner" and end...I cant get him to lie on his side in it...he wasnt very happy.

Please someone see this and reply. Cheers.

Have had chat to Shazzapug and hopefully the wee man is no the way to fixing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks BB...dont know if you noticed I have a cold and after chatting I have no voice left lol...bubby is on his side drinking now....thankyou for all the advice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have had chat to Shazzapug and hopefully the wee man is no the way to fixing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks BB...dont know if you noticed I have a cold and after chatting I have no voice left lol...bubby is on his side drinking now....thankyou for all the advice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good news. LOL I did think your voice was a bit croaky.

A swimmer puppy pillowcase/sling.

Turn the pillow case inside out. The part that you fold over to hold the pillow in, goes over the back of the chair to hang it.

(A bit like a children's chair bag like they have at school)

e65eb030.jpg

40adb07b.jpg

My guy wont stay on his side in the "sling"...either head high in the corner or on his tummy, like your one Sway. Did yours lie on his side Sway? If not did he/she recover fine? Thanks

ps...on BB's suggestion I am looking for a net bag tommorrow. :)

Mine was never on her side, legs always under. I guess weight of the puppy would also help, to hold a puppy in place.

Could you safety pin the corners up and make it more of a rounded bottom then straight, that way there would be no corners to fall into.

At Bunnings you can buy lengths of sticky flooring stuff that is intended to go under rugs in hallways etc to stop them slipping. It comes in green and bone colours. It's sort of rubbery feeling. I swear by this stuff for in the whelping box for swimmers. Their legs just can't slip out on it - their little pads stick to it. It's cheap - buy a few sheets to fit in the box and hose them off when they get dirty.

Sylvia

Well day 2 in the pillowcase sling...he is on his side sometimes and others curled in a ball, which he couldnt do before. And now when he is put in the whelping box for feeds he zooms with his back legs, as good as one can zoom on egg cartons, to get to mum. He stays on his side the whole feed. So well on the way to getting better...he actually uses his legs instead of them being limp apendages hanging out the back end.

• 4 weeks later...