The Official February Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay... I decided to wander around my house taking photos of random stuff with the list at the back of my mind.

I was going to use this first shot as 'best friends' because they are 'sole' mates... get it? :rolleyes: Anyway, it was only later I realised that they are perfect for

PINK (these shoes will be worn for the second half of my wedding day :laugh: )

3314949291_cff305d6af_o.jpg

This is a cute one... Gussy was trying to hand it over to me.

MUSIC

3314949695_88864c1e68.jpg

VEGETABLE (lighting care of the little man who turns the light on and off)

3315777826_236c483f56.jpg

MINERAL (probably my crappiest photo)

3314950483_b98db5155d.jpg

DANCE - Kayo was being very obliging standing up... then she promptly fell backwards and right onto her back. It had to hurt with the massive slapping noise it made.

3314944499_77c406db1a.jpg

Edited by Ashanali

BEST FRIENDS - Casey lurves the dogs and actually asked for me to take this photo. :laugh:

3315774744_608054da12.jpg

WATER - Shensei was happy to help me out

3315776758_c23f5b1b38.jpg

MOBILE - this is what you call timing. I was focussed on Shensei because I knew she was about to jump when suddenly Kayo ran straight across in front of me. Both dogs at this point very VERY mobile. :rolleyes:

3314946657_e3e860c7c1.jpg

I think this might go for

TREE

3264941281_d081012ceb.jpg

I have one more that I forgot to edit...

Edited by Ashanali

home x

portrait x

vegetable x

look up! x

water x

mobile x

glass/es

night lights

music x

child x

old

landscape/streetscape

eyes

mineral x

key

best friend x

collections

pink x

dance x

tree x

and for those who are wanting to extend the challenge

food

stamp

car

drama

secret

something you leave behind

shapes

shadow x

This is a terrible photo.. out of focus and such, but to me it sums up 'HOME'

Ashley is constantly in his underwear (people would think he doesn't own clothes :rolleyes: ) - Casey is always trying to stir him up and Ewey and Gussy just adore their older brothers and can't take their eyes of them whenever they walk into the room. This photo was a total fluke. I was actually shooting a few photos of Ewey and Gussy when Ashley came running in chased by Casey.

Yep, it's a mad house here... but it's HOME. :laugh:

post-162-1235801059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ashanali

CHILD

I'm entering this for APPAs in June. Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

PORTRAIT - shot last night. :laugh:

Absolutely love both of these :love: Best of luck in APPAs (no idea what that is by the way :rofl: )

love the key shot iltby

So did I, I thought it was perfect.

Thanks a lot :)

Ash, best of luck with eh Child shot, its really lovely.

ILTBY, is the bird shot with the new camera? Its really good.

It sure is :) Taken with the 70-200mm - am in love with that lens, I can't wait to take it to the zoo.

SECRET - She ducked into the dressing room to put touch up her make-up and didn't realise I was there to take her photo

3264943195_4fe7aa438e.jpg

Thanks ILTBY :rolleyes: APPA's are the Australian Professional Photography Awards held in Sydney in June. It's also a massive trade show and such on at the same time. You should go along and drool over awesome gear.

Ash your work is beautiful. Very inspiring for myself to one day be that good.

I thought I would try and do a car. So I went and opened the mini up and just as I was planting down my camera this event took place. So not great photo's just pure comedy.

Car Mastiff and a Mini

I think it starts off with: (1) cool, car ride (2) I am sensing a slight problem (3) HELP!!

3315821648_894ba5034d_o.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

Thanks ILTBY :rolleyes: APPA's are the Australian Professional Photography Awards held in Sydney in June. It's also a massive trade show and such on at the same time. You should go along and drool over awesome gear.

Sounds fabulous, I will definitely keep it in mind :laugh:

Rocco, absolutely hilarious series, I love it :love:

Last 4!!

Mobile

IMG_3471.jpg

Stamp

IMG_3478.jpg

Car

IMG_3496.jpg

Best Friends

CopyofIMG_1005.jpg

Thanks for another great month, and letting me participate with my crappy camera. I have a birthday coming up, (=$$) so maybe I will invest in a decent digital camera. My last SLR , many moons ago, was a Pentax, but I have learned here that it's now between a Canon and a Nikon. So thanks to all your amazing photos, it will be easier to decide.

I've been too distracted to participate much in the Feb challenge but here's a couple I took yesterday, that could qualify as collection

a collection of emergency vehicles. the hills in the distance are brown from being burnt, they were actually the first fires I saw from my lounge room window on that terrible day.

IMG_3525c.jpg

A collection of firies tents. there'd be at least 300 of them over all, this is just a tiny group

IMG_3526.jpg