Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hey TLC i'll be there for sure next week, we didn't realise that it would take so long to move our mates today... Took Bruno up to TP about 5 today then went to breakwater for swim and walk also... Didn't walk all way to beach at TP can never find it when i'm by myself (Bruno looks at me as if to say, your stupid how many times have you been here and can't find the beach)...

:laugh: If you just keep walking you come to it sooner or later!!

Where abouts at the breakwater can they swim, do you mean along the foreshore?

You didnt miss a whole lot at training, there was only about 4 there plus us and it was so windy the dogs were all pretty out of sorts.

Edited by tlc

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey TLC i'll be there for sure next week, we didn't realise that it would take so long to move our mates today... Took Bruno up to TP about 5 today then went to breakwater for swim and walk also... Didn't walk all way to beach at TP can never find it when i'm by myself (Bruno looks at me as if to say, your stupid how many times have you been here and can't find the beach)...

You didnt miss a whole lot at training, there was only about 4 there plus us and it was so windy the dogs were all pretty out of sorts.

Yeah just go along foreshore, dogs can go there only during winter periods... There were a couple of people that walked past and Bruno wanted to play with them, well they nearly had heart failure think they thought he was going to eat them...

Yeah just go along foreshore, dogs can go there only during winter periods... There were a couple of people that walked past and Bruno wanted to play with them, well they nearly had heart failure think they thought he was going to eat them...

:rofl: thats funny!!

Maybe they have changed the laws along that stretch, I always thought between the BW and the flume it was leash only and in summer times no dogs on the beach at all?? I havent been down there for ages. Logans is great as the dogs can paddle while you check out the whales!! Not a good beach for them to swim in though, Lacy has nearly been dragged out a couple of times, I have been going to get her a life vest for summer but there is no where in town that sell the ezy dog ones so wil have to wait till I can get one from Geelong or order on line but i would like to get her one before summer for the rougher beaches since she is such a dare devil in the water :rofl:

Hi All!

Just got in (been out with the folks all afternoon :laugh: ) Enjoyed the walk & great pics TLC.

Chantel thinks it looks like fun having all those dogs together and is going to try and come along on a walk soon.

Glad the rain held off for us coz it pissed down on the way home!

Where did you go with your Guys Pandii? Do you go out with another group sometimes?

Bet it was cold at Killarney if you went out there... Hope you had a great walk too :eek:

Looks like Tez is trying to make-off with Tarni in a couple of those pics. You can borrow her anytime and maybe then you'll know the REAL meaning of an idiotic dog! :confused: I thought Jane was wonderful today. Got along with all the other kids and behaved herself really well! ;)

Nope. Wont be able to make it next Sunday - Tarni is making her Championship Show "debut" at Horsham. :crazy:

Guest Pandii

We had a great walk JJ thanks.

went with some non DOLer people, wasnt cold, I only had a long sleeve t shirt on.

Great photos TLC- as usual!

Jane and I had the best time so thanks very much for inviting us. Looking at the photos made me laugh at Janes hero worship of Mawson...gotta admit they make a cute couple. It was great to watch such a happy bunch of pups enjoy each other so much and yes J.J, I was attempting to steal Tarni but there was just too many witnesses about...damn it!

Pandii- Jane came from a farm in Hawkesburn...Yellow lab mum and smithfield dad.

Tez, you are most welcome and hope you can come next time too, It was so obvious jane was having a balll, like I said so nice to see them all getting along so well.

JJ, Chantelle should definatley come with us soon. Gee that show came around quick, keep us posted on how the girls do, Im sure they will star!!

I have seen and read those council laws so many times it is unclear about thunder point, there is no mention of anything beyond foreshore and Mc Donald street? Wonder if the TP track is considered foreshore? Unless it is covered in the all public areas part??? Us and everyone else around has been doing dogs off leash there for years, if it is on leash you would think they would at least put signs up!! Oh but this is the council who put "dogs must be one lead" signs at Albert park, till it was bought to thier attention that it is an off leash area, so all the signs have now been removed. Does anyone know what the dogs on beach laws are at Kilarney?? There is no signs at Gromans lane, but not sure about closer to Kilarney?

On leash swimming doesn't sound like much fun, not the way my lot swim :confused:

there are plenty of places they are allowed to swim off lead!

Tez, do you know what color Janes dad was? Im guessing he is black? Funny how it works out, My white girls mum was all black and she turned out the opposite. I never knew till last time we went walking with JJ that Vizslas are all the same color!!

Edited to add: If anyone is wondering why the heck I am up so late, I had been to sleep but woke about 1.15 and couldnt get back to sleep so I thought why not check out the goings on! :laugh: as you do!!

Edited by tlc

Got curious so I checked out the Moyne shire Local Laws, they have pretty maps with colored in areas different colors for on leash off leash and it makes it really clear, and it states that some of the restricted areas are only restricted certain times of the year. Pity the WCC didnt have maps like that as well.

Guest Pandii

KIllarney has signs near the camp grounds that are pretty clear,

I always thought TP was forshore and was covered fromt he bit from the trotting track along

Its the same with along the rivers not mentioned in the council laws, 13 meters in is queens land, and is leased by the council, which means its free for anyone to use for any reason, unless the council had a law on it.

That makes the whole river length along where I am free for motor bikes, dogs horses ect at all times fo year.

You can always give the council a ring, they guys are a great help in explaining laws and there is a phamplet you can pick up from the office.

Wether onlead swimming is fun or not, we have to follow council law, this is what stops warrnmabool from being dog friendly, people doing the wrong thing.

Warrnambool is very uneducated when it comes to dogs and the council can be funny at times about it, I think its time the paper did an article on it

Hi Guys, have a look at this link, something like this would be awesome fun to go to. it is for all dogs PB's X breeds the lot, I have some friends who are going and who have been before and have said it is fantastic. Pity we didnt have anything like this close to Warrnambool, it would be so much fun!!

Oh by the way it is in the UK ;) bit far for us to go I think!!

http://www.pawsinthepark.net/

Guest Pandii

Had a look at the link, I think the whole idea worries me a bit, there is no rules or regulations on the site, and that many dogs, sounds like a bit of free for all.

Do they have different vaccination/control/behavior standards over in the UK.

Not my kind of thing.Imagine the barking and crazy dogs

Guest Pandii

Tanya we have agility trials and soemthing else but I cant think atm sorry

edit we have fun days at the kennels out the raod, cant think of their name either, gee must be coffee time

Edit again there are several obediance trials, agility and jumping trials, held during the year here in town, also fly ball, and last I heard there is plans for a doggie swimming pool

Edited by Pandii

Guest Pandii

New post not another Edit :laugh:

If you train at one club can you compete in the trials at another club, do both clubs have trials, I am to lazy to phone anyone, :rofl:

Does Brieley have agility training, or just some equipment to play on.

Do they do jumps.

Tanya we have agility trials and soemthing else but I cant think atm sorry

edit we have fun days at the kennels out the raod, cant think of their name either, gee must be coffee time

Edit again there are several obediance trials, agility and jumping trials, held during the year here in town, also fly ball, and last I heard there is plans for a doggie swimming pool

That fun day at Kennels sounds good, coz we can't do agility, fly ball and jumping trials with Bruno and his obedience isn't upto trials...

Wow doggie swimming pool would be great...

Guest Pandii

Why cant bruno do agility or anything else, I know of great danes doing these things, you may have to up his obedience so you can do trials, have you been to any of the warranmbool ones, we get quiet a few interstate competitors, its a great weeked.

I think the pool is to be private so I will have to find out who can use it.

Why cant bruno do agility or anything else, I know of great danes doing these things, you may have to up his obedience so you can do trials, have you been to any of the warranmbool ones, we get quiet a few interstate competitors, its a great weeked.

I think the pool is to be private so I will have to find out who can use it.

Bruno can't do agility or that coz he isn't fully grown until at least 1.5yrs - 2yrs (so not good for hips etc) and a 100kg dog can't do much running he would die 5min into it...

Oh bugger about private pool usage, oh well...

Should keep us posted about the fun day at the kennels, I would be very intersted in that...