Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hello Warnie people. Just pooping in here to ask you guys what it costs for titre testing there. Was just quoted $224 here for 1 dog. I don't mind driving the 2 hours if it saves me a bit of cash. I like your town. the shopping is good and the beaches are awesome. Quite often come for a day trip.

Sorry Teela.... I'm no help either! :(

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey JJ, did you get to Gary (the dog chiro)? His name is Gary Parsons, usually at show grounds each Sunday morning....

I havent been in here in ages...

The last year has flown, Milah is one is couple weeks (2nd July), omg making me feel old... Lol

So hows all the fur babies, and skin babies?

Hi Boolers can I give you a heads up please...

A grey mare has been stolen from SA (I have shared details on the South West Pets and Livestock FB page) and was sighted yesterday being floated towards Warrnambool according to the mare's owner. These are the details of the sighting:

POSSIBLE SIGHTING IN WALLACEDALE VICTORIA YESTERDAY! HEADED TO WARRNAMBOOL! BLUE AND WHITE OLDER STYLE FLOAT WITH A BLACK PRADO!

If you could spread the word for eyes to be peeled, please? Thanks!

Hi Boolers can I give you a heads up please...

A grey mare has been stolen from SA (I have shared details on the South West Pets and Livestock FB page) and was sighted yesterday being floated towards Warrnambool according to the mare's owner. These are the details of the sighting:

POSSIBLE SIGHTING IN WALLACEDALE VICTORIA YESTERDAY! HEADED TO WARRNAMBOOL! BLUE AND WHITE OLDER STYLE FLOAT WITH A BLACK PRADO!

If you could spread the word for eyes to be peeled, please? Thanks!

I did read that on FB RP, but what do we do if we see it? Ring the Police? Get a REGO number?

If it was headed to W'bool yesterday, it would be in a paddock already by now....

I gather the owners know who stole it, so it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Hope they find it!!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow 3 weeks since the last reply on here we really are all getting slack :o

Not much news here Russell is a typical Jack Russell and having great fun tormenting the Big fella Boof.

A new kitten in the house that Russell wants to get too and the new kitten is having great delight in tormenting Russell by lying on the floor in front of the window and rolling around and patting the window where Russell has his head resting I'm not sure who is the bigger Brat !!!

Apart from that all is quiet. I am a retired lady of leisure now having quit my job 3 weeks ago :D :D :D so lots of time to mow the 4 acres of lawn and play with the pooches when the back permits.

One of our own his having a birthday on Monday. Isn't that right TLC :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tanya WOW where did that 12 months go Happy belated Birthday to Milah.

Wonder if the owner of that missing horse had found her ?

Ok rambled enough for one night (or month)

Cheers Janet

Thanks Janet and a lovely Birthday it was too, I was so spoilt beyond words and wished well by many and had a beautiful lunch with friends and had a lovely cake and boy the list goes on! Life is good. How's everyone else going?

Found this listed today on a local Facebook page.

I know there is a lot of hype going around about dog thefts, and many claims would certainly be false, but if the Police are taking it seriously it's worth us taking it seriously too, just to be sure.

"WARNING Apparently someone tried to steal a dog in Warrnambool last night, the police are sure it was someone from a dog fighting ring. The dogs owner heard his dog barking and went outside to investigate, he saw someone getting over his fence but couldn't catch them, they also injured his dog, prob cause it went them ........ Shame it didnt tear 'em to bits"

I felt a bit uneasy reading it, as last night, late, soon after all our lights were out, Tarni and Luna were going bananas outside, down the side of the house near the gate and took a long time to settle..... they were very upset. Never seen either of them like this. Just hope there was no-one hanging around my place too. The girls sleep inside but we leave a door open for them as Luna can't get through the night without a wee. :)

Geez that's very scarey, it's hard to know if these stories are real it there is some real messed up people out there so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was true!

• 1 month later...

I for one have been busy on Facebook, shaking my head at this nutter who has 1500 dog leads!! :laugh:

(just joking..... :D )

I rarely get on here these days. Not for any part of the forum. So many people from here are on Facey, which is a much more user-friendly format for keeping in touch.

I've been busy with work of course, and with the dogs and everything else.

Little Luna has grown up so fast.

She's the same height as Tarni already and looks almost identical.

Besides being a bit lighter in colour, I can hardly tell them apart.

Can't wait to get some good photos of her and I shall post some here when I do.

I wish now I'd taken lots of photos, as from the time she was about 12 weeks to now, I have taken none!

We went to Macey's Bistro last week and was pretty disappointed. No real reason, just unimpressed.

Went to the new Bistro at Rafferty's yesterday and it was disgraceful.

We ordered as soon as we got there and the kids meals were delivered within about 15 minutes, but then the meals for Chantel, Jess and myself were nearly 2 HOURS later! Jemma was in tears from boredom and tiredness, Jasmine curled up on the floor and had a sleep, and Jacob just listened to music on my phone before he did his nut!

What's more, the meals were only average.... nice, but just Bistro food and not worth wasting a whole afternoon for! There is a kids room there, but it's not much, and was so packed with kids many simply avoided it.

So, where do people recommend going for a Sunday lunch these days? I have heard Flying Horse is ok, but pricey, which is a factor with a family of six. Any thoughts????

Who is this crazy dog lead person you speak of? :laugh:

I've recently heard of the service at Raffertys being awful even to the point of a friend of mine walking out before they even ordered due to being spoken to like they were second class citizens!!

Do you guys eat Thai food? Cattleya is awesome and amazing food and service and lunch is cheap most of the meals are only $10. I have never looked at the kids menu so not sure if they have one and I'm not sure if they are open on Sunday so ignore me I'm not much help.

I've had food poisoning at the FH in recent months and have been back once since only to pay $22 for a pizza which was nice but not worth $22!

We (me and Sean) don't eat out much and if we do we go to Maceys and that place never changes. And the menu has been the same forever!

Went to the Royal for my birthday it was nice but prices up around $15 - $20 so not cheap for lunch.

Can't wait to see Tarni and the young'n seems like only yesterday she was 12 weeks old!

We should all organise a catch up when the weather fines up!

Shans got a new girl most of you have probly seen her on face book by now.

Not much news with me, same old same old!

Who is this crazy dog lead person you speak of? :laugh:

I've recently heard of the service at Raffertys being awful even to the point of a friend of mine walking out before they even ordered due to being spoken to like they were second class citizens!!

Do you guys eat Thai food? Cattleya is awesome and amazing food and service and lunch is cheap most of the meals are only $10. I have never looked at the kids menu so not sure if they have one and I'm not sure if they are open on Sunday so ignore me I'm not much help.

I've had food poisoning at the FH in recent months and have been back once since only to pay $22 for a pizza which was nice but not worth $22!

We (me and Sean) don't eat out much and if we do we go to Maceys and that place never changes. And the menu has been the same forever!

Went to the Royal for my birthday it was nice but prices up around $15 - $20 so not cheap for lunch.

Can't wait to see Tarni and the young'n seems like only yesterday she was 12 weeks old!

We should all organise a catch up when the weather fines up!

Shans got a new girl most of you have probly seen her on face book by now.

Not much news with me, same old same old!

I LOVE Thai, but we go to Brown Grain and while I have heard good things about Cattleya, we've always been happy so have stuck with it.

I'm not surprised to hear of your friends experience at Rafferty's. We found the staff to be very disinterested in their jobs!

And you've just given me less reasons to try the FH. Food poisoning???? No thanks!!

I haven't heard Shannon had a new pupster, although I think I did see a pic on FB of herself with a dog I didn't recognise. Didn't know it was hers though.... I'll have to go back and try and find it.

I just got sent this pic of Tarni's brother Rez (Jerojath Telford) and her sister Lola (Jerojath Toongabbie) which I thought was really cute....

post-14146-0-77685400-1377560355_thumb.jpg

Edited to say: My God! Check out Lola's nails! Gonna have to have a word with her Mum....

Edited by jerojath

• 3 months later...

Hi Sunny1shine, There is a few dog friendly cafes with outdoor area you can have your dog. Down on Pertobe Rd there is Simons, it is like a restaurant/cafe looking over the ocean, they have a big outdoor area where dogs are allowed.

There is the Main beach Kiosk which has a seat outside, very informal it is basically next to Simons you can see each place from the other.

In town there is a few cafes with seats outside that allow dogs. One down the North end of Liebig Street, it used to be called Brockys not sure what it is called now.

The pavilion down by the breakwater has a massive outdoor area where you can have dogs.

Enjoy your holiday by the Sea.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year everyone!! Long time no action in here :laugh:

Question for the locals - is anyone aware of any communication or information re: on lead requirements for the Belfast Coastal Reserve?

A friend was approached by rangers about 2 weeks ago well east of the Killarney boat ramp and told to put her dogs on lead due to the hooded plovers.

I came across a ranger today who also told me to keep my dogs on lead, he was willing to turn a blind eye if all of us (myself and dogs) were in the water but that was it. There is no fenced area as far as the eye can see where I was.

Seems they are now enforcing dogs must be on lead for the entire Belfast Reserve, not just the fenced off areas. :( Yet I can't find anything at all on the website.

Happy New Year everyone!! Long time no action in here :laugh:

Question for the locals - is anyone aware of any communication or information re: on lead requirements for the Belfast Coastal Reserve?

A friend was approached by rangers about 2 weeks ago well east of the Killarney boat ramp and told to put her dogs on lead due to the hooded plovers.

I came across a ranger today who also told me to keep my dogs on lead, he was willing to turn a blind eye if all of us (myself and dogs) were in the water but that was it. There is no fenced area as far as the eye can see where I was.

Seems they are now enforcing dogs must be on lead for the entire Belfast Reserve, not just the fenced off areas. :( Yet I can't find anything at all on the website.

Admittedly it's been a while since I was down there, but the (relatively) new signage didn't mention dogs being leashed.

Normally during the Plover breeding season the designated areas are roped off with temporary signage requiring dogs be leashed in those areas.

I've never heard of or been told to keep dogs leashed within the general area though.

In fact, I've never seen a ranger down there!

You could call DEPI Warrnambool and ask...

Hi Jess, hope you and the pups are all well, it has been a while since anyone was chatting in here!

Last time I spoke to the person who deals with that area (can't remember who they come under now) pretty sure they told me the only part of the beach dogs can be off lead is the main swimming beach and that's only off peak times of the year.

It's in this thread somewhere. I'll check back see if I can find it. I know a few local girls who have been going there lately and don't think they have had any trouble. But I noticed a girl on Facebook having a rant about off lead dogs at Killarney trying to get the birds.