Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Thanks guys. If I have any more issues I'll call the number, for now I'll just head to a section where I know it's super quiet and there is no plover fencing.

The signage is really ambiguous, some of it says dogs under control and then the plover signs say dogs on leash but they refer to the fenced off areas.

Don't get me wrong, it frustrates the hell out of me seeing people let their dogs run wild chasing anything that moves down there - they are the ones who ruin it for the rest of us. :(

I've never seen a ranger down there either, but I wonder if Parks Vic has ramped up the numbers for the holidays. I have noticed there is a lot more 4wds and dirt bikes etc on the beach these days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys, just a quick msg to ask if anyone knows of anyone who would look after a dog for a month while the owners go overseas. The owner wants the dog to go somewhere that he will be looked after (obviously) be with another dog providing they get on if not it can be a no dog home and he get walked regularly. The dog is Coopers brother so poodle x cocker. He is 7 1/2 years old, nice natured boy. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know. I'd have him myself but it would create havoc adding another one to my pack, I think Coop and Lac would deal with it but the other two would be really put out and a month is a long time.

Hey Guys, just a quick msg to ask if anyone knows of anyone who would look after a dog for a month while the owners go overseas. The owner wants the dog to go somewhere that he will be looked after (obviously) be with another dog providing they get on if not it can be a no dog home and he get walked regularly. The dog is Coopers brother so poodle x cocker. He is 7 1/2 years old, nice natured boy. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know. I'd have him myself but it would create havoc adding another one to my pack, I think Coop and Lac would deal with it but the other two would be really put out and a month is a long time.

Hope they find someone tlc. I can't help as our fencing is totally rooted. My girls know not to leave the property but I couldn't expect that from a lodger!

(PS - just waiting to get fences replaced so not totally irresponsible! :p )

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTIONS RE: DRIED PIGS EARS -

I bought some Pigs Ears today and was surprised at how expensive they are getting.

Supermarkets are up near $4 now. Not sure about local pet stores.

So I'm wondering:

Where do you buy your Pigs Ears from?

How much (each) do you pay?

How often do you buy them and how many at a time do you buy?

I ask, because I have found that one of my wholesalers also carry Pigs Ears.

They come in minimum bags of 100.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going in on some?

If there were a few people wanting them obviously we'd have to order more than one bag or it's not really worth doing. They're still not cheap, so retailers obviously aren't making a LOT of profit on them, but I'm happy to get them in and sell them to anyone from here at wholesale prices.

They do a 'standard' and a 'deluxe' Pigs Ear. I gather SIZE is the only difference.

So not wanting to profit on these, I have worked out that with freight we would be paying $1.20 each and $1.50 each respectively, when buying a bag of 100. This is GST Inclusive.

If no one else is keen, I'm just going to order 100 for myself, but if anyone else wants in, let me know BEFORE FRIDAY.

:)

They do a 'standard' and a 'deluxe' Pigs Ear. I gather SIZE is the only difference.

So not wanting to profit on these, I have worked out that with freight we would be paying $1.20 each and $1.50 each respectively, when buying a bag of 100. This is GST Inclusive.

If no one else is keen, I'm just going to order 100 for myself, but if anyone else wants in, let me know BEFORE FRIDAY.

Would you 'do' freight ( at extra cost to NSW?)

Would you 'do' freight ( at extra cost to NSW?)

Probably not, sorry.... It would be mucking around I don't have time for, especially as this is completely non-profit so need to keep it simple and local.

Those on here know where I am and could pick them up when convenient for them. :)

Thinking too, by the time you pay freight to you they will not be much cheaper anyway.

Edited by jerojath

I used to get pigs ears from Best Friends but over the past 6 months or so they are really awful - tiny, burnt looking, heaps of tattoo ink etc.

Thanks for the offer JJ, I appreciate it and would've taken you up on it but my dogs have kicked the habit now :laugh: I buy the occasional bag from PS if they look ok but that's about it.

I used to get pigs ears from Best Friends but over the past 6 months or so they are really awful - tiny, burnt looking, heaps of tattoo ink etc.

Thanks for the offer JJ, I appreciate it and would've taken you up on it but my dogs have kicked the habit now :laugh: I buy the occasional bag from PS if they look ok but that's about it.

Arh finally found the thread, been like years since i've been on here. Might have something to do with having kids and putting to dog breeding on the back burn. With the youngest now 19 months so i'm starting to get into some of my interest.

Well i do have some good news. Casey my tri coloured cavalier is currently at stud and report is she is being a huge flirt and had 2 successful matings and trying for another tonight. So possible litter early May of parti colours.

Yay for me!

Arh finally found the thread, been like years since i've been on here. Might have something to do with having kids and putting to dog breeding on the back burn. With the youngest now 19 months so i'm starting to get into some of my interest.

Well i do have some good news. Casey my tri coloured cavalier is currently at stud and report is she is being a huge flirt and had 2 successful matings and trying for another tonight. So possible litter early May of parti colours.

Yay for me!

Congratulations Cavalblaze!! :thumbsup: My Brother and his Wife are contemplating a second Cav so I'll let them know. They live a few doors down from you.

I'll be having a litter about a week behind you.... Should be ready for mating early next week after a long wait for her season!

Jerojath they must be the couple i see walking their dog along the road here. Looking around 5th May for them to be born if successful. I will ultrasound at 30 days to assure we have some on board. Had a bitch a few years ago that put on one hell of a phantom pregnancy. She went through the getting fat, lactating and first stage of labour and we took her to the vets as no pups had came and she was empty. Got her desex in the end as she did it twice, second time we were more wiser.

Casey should be ok though, this would be her second litter, no issues last time with her former owner.

I bought some Pigs Ears today and was surprised at how expensive they are getting.

Supermarkets are up near $4 now. Not sure about local pet stores.

So I'm wondering:

Where do you buy your Pigs Ears from?

How much (each) do you pay?

How often do you buy them and how many at a time do you buy?

I ask, because I have found that one of my wholesalers also carry Pigs Ears.

They come in minimum bags of 100.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going in on some?

If there were a few people wanting them obviously we'd have to order more than one bag or it's not really worth doing. They're still not cheap, so retailers obviously aren't making a LOT of profit on them, but I'm happy to get them in and sell them to anyone from here at wholesale prices.

Are these Australian or imported ears?

• 1 month later...

Getting a tad nervous and a little excited, puppies are due 16 days. She is getting round, xray booked for next week to detirmind numbers since the ultrasound was rather inclusive. I had to cut off her beautiful feathering which was 30cm long on the hind legs, need to be done can't have pups getting caught up in that and she is alot happier for it. Less grooming for me too as it tends to knot up easy. All in all i hope for a successful problem free litter. I'l be less stressed once they have arrived and all settled.

Getting a tad nervous and a little excited, puppies are due 16 days. She is getting round, xray booked for next week to detirmind numbers since the ultrasound was rather inclusive. I had to cut off her beautiful feathering which was 30cm long on the hind legs, need to be done can't have pups getting caught up in that and she is alot happier for it. Less grooming for me too as it tends to knot up easy. All in all i hope for a successful problem free litter. I'l be less stressed once they have arrived and all settled.

Hope all goes well for you. Let us know how the Xray goes too unless I see you before then.

We're due a little after you, on the 12th. She's not carrying a huge litter by the looks.

I can usually get a fair idea by this stage.... wouldn't want to take a stab at numbers, but sure looks like another small litter. It suits me, as I really enjoy having a smaller litter, but will be disappointing for others.

After about 2 hours sleep for the entire night i have 4 live puppies, 2 girls and 2 boys.

All Blenheims.

Unfortunately 5th pup who was a little boy who had respiratory issues at birth that i just couldn't get going, he just didn't feed very well and Casey rejected him while i had a 2 hour nap. Did everything i could but he passed away.

After about 2 hours sleep for the entire night i have 4 live puppies, 2 girls and 2 boys.

All Blenheims.

Unfortunately 5th pup who was a little boy who had respiratory issues at birth that i just couldn't get going, he just didn't feed very well and Casey rejected him while i had a 2 hour nap. Did everything i could but he passed away.

:thumbsup: Congratulations on the litter, Cav!

Sorry about the other pup, not much you can do in such cases. :(

Blenheims. I like the Blenheims but weren't you expecting tri's? I seem to recall, but maybe I'm wrong.

Please let me know if you have anything available as I reckon my brother and SIL would like to be considered as a new family for one of them. I'm pretty sure they've been looking....

Eleven Days til D-Day here for us. Not looking like a very big litter at all, so should be smooth sailing! :)

Yes was hoping for tri's. Mum's a tri and the stud we used although blenheim came from tri parents. Genetically according to the colour charts we should of got both. So it seems it was just not meant to be, always next year and i'll source the service of a quality tri stud which are in short supply.

As for puppies, 3 have homes. 1 boy i still haven;t even considered taking applications for till such time as he is up and walking around. He might be a show potential, got good head and nice markings. One girl going up to ACT for a puppy swap, the other is local pet home and the other boy is going to a pet home in Port Fairy.

• 1 month later...