Used Advantage For First Time

Bayer produce both Advantage and Advocate. Advocate is the replacement for Advantage Duo which has been discontinued.

Advantage contains imidacloprid.

Advocate contains imidacloprid and moxidectin.

The only difference between the two products is the addition of moxidectin which has no effect on the "flea" part of the treatment - just the heartworm, intestinal worms, lice and mites.

Imidacloprid kills both adult fleas and larvae. The occasional dog will have a reaction to treatment, but of all the most common reaction to a routine preventative treatment is vomiting after being dosed with Drontal. I'm not denying that you had a reaction, and I'm not sure why it stopped when it did, but there isn't any difference between the two products.

Edited by Rappie

Guest Kierrasmommy
Bayer produce both Advantage and Advocate. Advocate is the replacement for Advantage Duo which has been discontinued.

Advantage contains imidacloprid.

Advocate contains imidacloprid and moxidectin.

The only difference between the two products is the addition of moxidectin which has no effect on the "flea" part of the treatment - just the heartworm, intestinal worms, lice and mites.

Imidacloprid kills both adult fleas and larvae. The occasional dog will have a reaction to treatment, but of all the most common reaction to a routine preventative treatment is vomiting after being dosed with Drontal. I'm not denying that you had a reaction, and I'm not sure why it stopped when it did, but there isn't any difference between the two products.

I guess this is where we just need to agree to disagree.

I know what I hadto go thru with Kierra. She can also NOT take DRONTAL as it had the same effect on her. ( bad throwing up )

I just know that advocate only works on her nothing else.Sorry if thats what some wont want to agree with or understand but thats the facts...... and I am done to be honest talking about it.. I guess sometimes things just cant be said with out people ALWAYS having to try and prove others wrong ... Anyways, not tobe nasty but I share a storyof personal experience and I get jumped on ?! and told different then the research I DID and with the VET and WORKED WITH the COMPANIES myself !