Whats The Best Way To Remove Dog Hair From A Couch

glendabenda

I have three long haired cats (2 white, 1 ginger), plus a poodle/maltese cross that doesn't shed.

I've got several hair removal strategies, depending upon the fabric you're trying to get the hair off. A damp sponge is good for furniture upholstry. A regular clothes brush is fine for cotton fabrics (e.g. the doona cover, sheets and pillows on the bed). And the best pet hair roller I've used is the Aussie roller, available from Petbarn and I'm sure other places. It's about the size of a small paint roller and it works REALLY well on all clothing. Much better than the regular sized rollers you buy from the supermarket and small petshops etc. It's a bit expensive to buy - about $30, from memory - but the refills aren't too bad.

Animal hair is considered a condiment in my house - I'm surprised I'm not coughing up hairballs! *LOL*

Doesn't a wet rubber glove work as well? Never tried it, just heard it :)

How about dying your dogs the same colour as the couch :wave:

Thats a great idea(dying) :thumbsup: She's not on the couch all the time, but she was losing her puppy hair and it just got on everything. She's not losing much at the moment. I have tried a sponge and that worked allright, will give the packing tape a go. I got a nice and cuddly rug from the op shop and she has been made to lay on that when on the couch and with the addition of some throw rugs or covers things should be ok.

We could swap lounges, I have a black dog, cream lounge :thumbsup:

The lounge also comes with a free gift............ my OH who always seems to get pen and dirty feet marks on it. I'm for ever cleaning it.

When we got it the man said, "I take it you don't have kids" :laugh:

My vacuum has one of those turbo pet hair attachments couldn't live without it.

Scout doesn't get to go on our lounge, but the hair still finds its way there!

the best pet hair roller I've used is the Aussie roller, available from Petbarn and I'm sure other places. It's about the size of a small paint roller and it works REALLY well on all clothing. Much better than the regular sized rollers you buy from the supermarket and small petshops etc. It's a bit expensive to buy - about $30, from memory - but the refills aren't too bad.

:thumbsup: I can vouch for the Aussie Lint Roller!!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely the best one you can buy. You can the large online for about $25.

I have one of those velour sort of clothes brushes. I used it on the couch in desperation the other week and was amazed at how well it worked. Aside from that I'd go for the packing tape around your hand version that someone else recommended... cheap and effective.