Dogtown

Kobayashi

I Iq'd this on foxtel the other day, and i dont think anything has made me as emotional as this for a LONG time.

Theres been a few conflicting opinions on how best friends animal shelter is run, but the results on some of the dogs had me in tears. I had heard poor georgias story before, but seeing her was even sadder then i thought.

I wish i knew about best friends before my utah trip in 2006, i would have liked to visit them. Any organisation thats non kill and anti BSL has my thumbs up in general.

I was lucky enough to see that episode. I absolutely loved it. The dogs were gorgeous and it was so wonderful to see that they were able to overcome such a horriffic time in their lives. :cry:

Georgia was so beautiful and it was great to see how kind they were to her, such deserving dogs of that kindness. :)

I Iq'd this on foxtel the other day, and i dont think anything has made me as emotional as this for a LONG time.

Theres been a few conflicting opinions on how best friends animal shelter is run, but the results on some of the dogs had me in tears. I had heard poor georgias story before, but seeing her was even sadder then i thought.

I wish i knew about best friends before my utah trip in 2006, i would have liked to visit them. Any organisation thats non kill and anti BSL has my thumbs up in general.

If you ever go to Utah again, go stay and volunteer there, my friend and I stayed there for a couple of days and worked/volunteered there, they have cabins you can stay in and each night you can bring a dog or cat home for an overnight stay. I helped out in the Cat, Bird and Dog sections and loved my time there and hope to go back again in the next few years. Alot of people come regularly and bring there dogs there while they volunteer :confused:

I can't speak highly enough of Best Friends :cry: the work they do is amazing and they appreciate any help you can give.

Oh wow wolfgirl I am green with envy. That is definitely something I would love to experience. I'd have to take ages off though, as if I go to Best Friends I'd be doing quite some time with BADRAP in San Fran too. Both groups are just so inspiring. :thumbsup: 's they are!

• 4 months later...
Dogtown is a fantastic show - some of the people on it are just amazing!

I just got Foxtel and I cant find Dog Town, can you please tell me what its on and roughly what time?

thanks Michelle

Edited by mish13

• 1 month later...
what also got me was John Garcia's love for Georgia.

watching him set up his sleeping bag in her pen was awesome :rofl: I just wanted to fly right over and give cherry a cuddle :rofl:

Yes agree with everyone here. Dogtown appear to be wonderful and I must admit, I thought the same about John's love for Georgia. Had I been working there, I think Cherry may have gone missing, only to be found at my house :laugh: Gorgeous boy.

Can't even begin to tell you what I think should happen to Michael Vick as I'm sure ladies are reading this post.

Dogtown has been showing reruns for the last couple of weeks so look out on the weekend.

There is also a lovely book with great photos to compliment the TV series.

I was at Dogtown last year, mainly in the clinic and saw the most amazing things. Best Friends is one of my fav places in the US and I will be visiting again in a few weeks time.